2023-2024 UTMB (Sealy)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was happy when I saw the first few words of that email :/

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users
An email starting off with congratulations within 10 minutes of 5pm of the final day of prematches is just cruel… lmao

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got the email you all were talking about, and my heart jumped.

Reactions: 1 user
T minus 6 days until match. Absolutely manifesting this acceptance!!
1707588503819.jpeg

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users
Good luck everyone!! Excited to check this thread tomorrow and see some matches 😁

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Didn’t match here. Are there any realistic chances of getting in? How much does the waitlist move after match day?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Is there a GroupMe for accepted students?

Reactions: 4 users
Matched here as well! Hey future classmates :)

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Matched today (but had a prematch)!!!. Hello future classmates!! Congrats to all!!

Reactions: 2 users
If there are no groups, maybe we can create one.
I believe there will be an official groupme made by the school or one of the school representatives themselves. I don't think they will make theirs until maybe another month out at least due to WL movement. @chicandtoughness do you have any additional information?

Congratulations to everyone who matched. For those who didn't, did anyone get an alternate list email? I didn't, but checked last year's thread and saw that some people who did not match received alternate list (WL) emails ON match day. Also, I had no prematches, 3 IIs, and did not receive the 12:15 AM email (or the status change earlier).

Congratulations to everyone who matched. For those who didn't, did anyone get an alternate list email? I didn't, but checked last year's thread and saw that some people who did not match received alternate list (WL) emails ON match day. Also, I had no prematches, 3 IIs, and did not receive the 12:15 AM email (or the status change earlier).
i have not receives anything yet

I believe there will be an official groupme made by the school or one of the school representatives themselves. I don't think they will make theirs until maybe another month out at least due to WL movement. @chicandtoughness do you have any additional information?
The school will make an official Facebook group and send that out to y'all via email sometime soon (I genuinely don't know when). All other group chats, etc. are not school created :)

Does everyone get moved to the WL if not matched or will there also be rejections given?

The school will make an official Facebook group and send that out to y'all via email sometime soon (I genuinely don't know when). All other group chats, etc. are not school created :)
but I want to start talking to all my new friends NOWWWWW

• Care
Does everyone get moved to the WL if not matched or will there also be rejections given?

Not sure. n=1, but my friend who got in off the alt list/WL last year said she got the WL email around 5 pm on match day. And that she found out on April 29 ish + their match day was March 4th last year.

Just got the alternate list email at 11:57 AM CST.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
Alternate pool email just now! Fingers crossed 🤞🏼

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 8 users
Do some people get out right rejected or does everyone move to the alternate pool that didn’t match ?

Do some people get out right rejected or does everyone move to the alternate pool that didn’t match ?
I would assume some people get rejected, they interview over 1000 and the email says the alternate pool is only ~200

I also got the alternate pool email, and I am OOS. Does that mean OOS doesn't have a separate alternate pool? In the email it said there are 200 people in the pool

Is there a reason that the alternate pool is nearly the size of the class

Is there a reason that the alternate pool is nearly the size of the class
It should include everyone who interviewed, didnt get rejected (there were some post II rejections), didnt match or matched somewhere else but ranked UTMB higher.

Anyone who has matched somewhere will disappear from this list around May 15th.

I also got the alternate pool email, and I am OOS. Does that mean OOS doesn't have a separate alternate pool? In the email it said there are 200 people in the pool

I assume so because the 230 seats encompass IS and OOS students.