2023-2024 UT San Antonio (Long)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do we only get access to the Admissions Portal once offered an II for Long?
Iirc, that’s right. You need an II first!

Members don't see this ad.

Also, I wanted to take an opportunity to encourage you interviewees to go to the Off the Record event the night before your interviews! It’s a great chance to ask questions and find out more about the school. Plenty of my MS1 peers have signed up and excited to answer whatever you have questions on, so it’s a fantastic opportunity! Don’t worry about if you think a question is dumb — anything is a good question. Bring some questions you’d like to know more about, like curriculum, what classes are currently like, and other questions about the school!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
I somehow have access to the admissions portal, and when I go in, it says congratulations on my selection to interview.. However, I never got an invite email nor is there an "Interview" tab on the portal (which is usually there when you get an interview).

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I somehow have access to the admissions portal, and when I go in, it says congratulations on my selection to interview.. However, I never got an invite email nor is there an "Interview" tab on the portal (which is usually there when you get an interview).
I think everyone has access to the portal but the interview tab only shows up if you get an invite.

OOS II MSTP offered 9/7. I forgot to post. Complete 7/25. LM 67 (was shocked😅 but ecstatic lol)

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Hi, y'all! For anyone who has completed the standardized one way video interview (SOWVI), any info about # of questions, types, or how to prepare? I would really appreciate it! Thanks!

Reactions: 1 user
Hi, y'all! For anyone who has completed the standardized one way video interview (SOWVI), any info about # of questions, types, or how to prepare? I would really appreciate it! Thanks!
it's very chill. 2 questions, unlimited thinking time and retakes. don't stress about it!

it's very chill. 2 questions, unlimited thinking time and retakes. don't stress about it!
Just to confirm, does the SOWVI need to be completed after receiving a II?

Just to confirm, does the SOWVI need to be completed after receiving a II?
Yes, you won’t get the link to do it unless they have chosen to interview you.

Edit: To try to answer this more completely, I don't know if the admissions team looks at your recording before or after your interview day,
but I would suggest doing it before your interview day if you can, so you will have everything completed.

Last edited:
Yay, thanks! I saw that info from last cycle or something, but thought Long may have changed it slightly after making it required!

Interviewed here Friday and will probably end up ranking it #1. I LOVED the vibes I got from EVERYONE! Super super nice people and great resources to boot!

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Interviewed here Friday and will probably end up ranking it #1. I LOVED the vibes I got from EVERYONE! Super super nice people and great resources to boot!
Thats amazing! I am really hoping for an interview invite soon! :giggle:

• Care
I agree! Long is definitely up there!!

Members don't see this ad :)
II IS just now, really unexpected, ORM, LM 76.5, complete 6/9.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
II IS just now, really unexpected, complete 6/9.
Congrats! I also have an early completion date (but have heard nothing) so this is refreshing to see.

IS II just now as well! Complete 8/17

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
does this school only send out II to high LizzyM? That's kind of what I gathered from previous years threads-wondering if that sounds about right?

does this school only send out II to high LizzyM? That's kind of what I gathered from previous years threads-wondering if that sounds about right?
Mine is a 70 (not sure if that’s considered high) and I received an interview on 8/8!

Apologies if this question has been asked. To those who have been interviewed, how long before your interview did you know who your interviewer was going to be?

Apologies if this question has been asked. To those who have been interviewed, how long before your interview did you know who your interviewer was going to be?
I saw it like a week before, lol

Hey so if Im OOS, completed early June, and still havent gotten an II does that mean I have less of a chance for an II? Or do they have interviews for people who applied earlier

hey guys! im lucky enough to have an interview here on friday, so excited. I was wondering if it's strange that the interviewers don't show up yet in my AMP portal?

hey guys! im lucky enough to have an interview here on friday, so excited. I was wondering if it's strange that the interviewers don't show up yet in my AMP portal?
A name just showed in my portal in the last hour. Hopefully you get yours soon

OOS II about 30 minutes ago! Submitted 10/2.

Reactions: 8 users
I am sure Long already admitted you for your numbers. :)
Very honored to have an interview here! I actually have a couple coworkers who went here, so I'm excited to hear more about the school from them!

Toured here today! Beautiful campus. Unfortunately, the people I toured with spent the entire time comparing MCAT’s and how many interviews they had. Paid little attention to the actual tour. Really rubbed me the wrong way and I am hopeful that’s not how majority of students are here.

• Care
Toured here today! Beautiful campus. Unfortunately, the people I toured with spent the entire time comparing MCAT’s and how many interviews they had. Paid little attention to the actual tour. Really rubbed me the wrong way and I am hopeful that’s not how majority of students are here.
ugh you were touring with a bunch of gunners. Sorry it detracted from your enjoyment of the tour

• Care
Long tends to interview their really high-stat candidates first, so that's the only group who would have reasonably had time to choose a tour date and make travel plans. Unfortunately, with this cohort, you can get some shallow individuals who know nothing other than academic one-upmanship. Sorry you got stuck with a bad group :( .... but I'm almost positive that's not what the matriculating students are like.

• Care
i'm so sorry that happened :( i wish i got to tour with you!

That’s weird

Hey there! I am so sorry this happened to you. I’m a current student, and I’ve never bumped into students who normally act this way. Was this during the virtual tour?

Hey there! I am so sorry this happened to you. I’m a current student, and I’ve never bumped into students who normally act this way. Was this during the virtual tour?
Howdy! It was in person. The medical students that gave us a tour were all very nice and pleasant, it was several (not all) of the other prospective students that were acting like that.

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 3 users
Howdy! It was in person. The medical students that gave us a tour were all very nice and pleasant, it was several (not all) of the other prospective students that were acting like that.
I’m really relieved it wasn’t my peers! Honestly, it’s crazy how nice my classmates are so it would have been very shocking. I’ve found that the admissions team seems to have done a great job sorting out gunners/hypercompetitive people during the actual interview. My class makes and shares Ankis, lecture notes, etc. and are all quite helpful. Heck, there’s a large group that even goes out to karaoke or Taco Bell every week. I wouldn’t let your experience with those folks color your view on the rest of the time, but I understand why it would. If you ever have any questions about anything Long SOM, let me know and I’ll be happy to help. Hopefully it was just a blip!

Reactions: 3 users
Long playing with my feelings with that occupational therapy email 😭

• Haha
OOS II received today!!!!!! Complete 8/8. I love UTHSA and am so excited to be interviewing here! Best of luck to everyone :)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users