2023-2024 UC Irvine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Pre-II rejection ...right when I going to submit an update about starting a research position at uci 🥹

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 1 users
What time did you guys get these emails? Wondering if I’m next on the cutting board if they’re still sending them.

Members don't see this ad :)
Im right there with yall. pre-II R. RIP, dream school

What does yours say??? This is the "competitive" one lol:

Thank you for applying to the University of California, Irvine School of Medicine. Regrettably we are not offering you a position in our medical school.

This year, we received over 7,000 applications for 114 first-year positions. You are a competitive applicant; however, you were not selected for a position by the Admissions Committee. This was a very difficult decision.

We sincerely hope you achieve your career goals and wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Sincerely,

Office of Admissions
UC Irvine School of Medicine
I'm sorry about the email =/ Maybe it's good news that I got rejected from PRIME-LC but no rejection from UCI? Hopefully, a nice email from the UCI SOM comes around soon... I guess we'll see

Last edited:
Pre-II R...No love from CA schools as expected :(
I did get the competitive email though. I wonder how they separate applications who got "competitive" vs "noncompetitive".

Reactions: 1 user
Pre-II R...No love from CA schools as expected :(
I did get the competitive email though. I wonder how they separate applications who got "competitive" vs "noncompetitive".
People are guessing that competitive=pre-II R & non competitive=pre secondary R

Reactions: 5 users
wait i thought that based on their website that they run you through the regular md pool first, this rejection email seems to state otherwise?

From website: "Successful applicants are first admitted to the regular medical school class. If an applicant is accepted into PRIME-LC, he or she can decide to participate in the regular class or the PRIME-LC program without any consequences."
So I spoke with someone at the SOM, and after a few back-and-forth emails, they confirmed that SOM reviews the app,who then sends it over to PRIME-LC, who at that point can either reject at the PRIME-LC level or offer an II for a seat in the program. My Q then becomes if PRIME-LC app is rejected does that mean anything for an II from the SOM - was the application solid enough for the SOM? :thinking: hmm

For those with an II, did your guys’ portals had your prerequisite status listed as completed? Still no communication with them since they sent me a secondary so I’m not sure if I should take it as a good sign or if everyone’s prerequisite status is always listed as complete

For those with an II, did your guys’ portals had your prerequisite status listed as completed? Still no communication with them since they sent me a secondary so I’m not sure if I should take it as a good sign or if everyone’s prerequisite status is always listed as complete
Have an II and my prerequisite status is not marked as complete due to one of my courses being in progress. So I don’t think it has any correlation

Mine is marked as complete but I don’t have an II

Members don't see this ad :)
It was recently added, but if everyone has it, then it might be a general thing?

Complete mid-September, for reference
So I just just got a UCI studentID number today and it definitely wasn't there before. On your end, did it mean anything?

So I just just got a UCI studentID number today and it definitely wasn't there before. On your end, did it mean anything?
Idk when mine showed up (it was definitely there before today), but I have one and I was complete 7/17, but no II. So I don't think it means anything?

I also got one today, was complete 7/19 but no II, wonder if it means anything, please let it mean something

Well, I got one too and I was rejected on Tuesday in the big R wave.......so yeah, there's that.

• Sad
  • Care
Anyone else complete (submitted secondary) mid-July with no II but also no R? So confused about missing the big R wave but interviews also already being scheduled in February... Irvine, what are you waiting for??

Reactions: 5 users
Anyone else complete (submitted secondary) mid-July with no II but also no R? So confused about missing the big R wave but interviews also already being scheduled in February... Irvine, what are you waiting for??

Same haha

Same 🥲 break my heart already UCI I’m tired of having hope

Yup... complete 8/7 LM 72 IS and sweating seeing all these Rs go out.

anyone have any interview day thoughts?
Mine was pretty chill- I definitely overprepared haha. It was interesting because my student interview was almost 40 minutes but after 15 minutes, my faculty member was like "well that's all do you have any questions for me?" lol so I'm not sure what to make of that

Mine was pretty chill- I definitely overprepared haha. It was interesting because my student interview was almost 40 minutes but after 15 minutes, my faculty member was like "well that's all do you have any questions for me?" lol so I'm not sure what to make of that
Same! It kinda caught me off guard. Hopefully it was ok. The faculty are probably just busy :) Overall pretty chill but still prepare for generic interview questions

Anyone knows how long it takes to get a decision after the interview?

For everyone on the alternate list, does your admission status say “alternate-list” or “alternate-list accept” under notes?

Last edited:
For everyone on the alternate list, does your admission status say “alternate-list” or “alternate-list accept” under notes?
Mine says "alternate-list accept". I didn't check what it said before I selected I want to join it tho.

Mine says "alternate-list accept". I didn't check what it said before I selected I want to join it tho.
Thanks, mine says “alternate-list accept” too. I was looking through a previous year’s thread and it seemed like there was a split between people that had “alternate-list” and “alternate-list accept,” so I was curious to see if that was still a thing this year.

okay gotcha haha. i might be erring on the side of overpreparing but I don't wanna completely blank when I have it. Maybe your answers were thorough enough that they didn't require follow up!

II received today for the MSTP. For those that have interviewed (either MD or MSTP) was the interview in person or virtual?

Can't believe I'm saying this but A today! Got the call 😭

• Love
Reactions: 7 users