2023-2024 Rocky Vista University College of Osteopathic Medicine (RVUCOM-Montana)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interview Invite received via portal! Complete 7/7. MT resident, 496 MCAT with 3.6 cGPA /3.5 sGPA.

IS II via portal submitted 7/30 512 3.87 gpa

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Where do you go to view the portal on the website? Does it come up under MCOM application status?
Click on “more” in the upper right hand corner and one of the options will show up as “MCOM Interview”. You’ll schedule your interview which is 30 minutes 2 interviewers partially closed file, and then a 1 hour overview of the school by the Dean Dr. Park. You have to schedule the overview before your interview takes place.

Last edited:
Click on “more” in the upper right hand corner and one of the options will show up as “MCOM Interview”. You’ll schedule your interview which is 30 minutes 2 interviewers partially closed file, and then a 1 hour overview of the school by the Dean Dr. Park. You have to schedule the overview before your interview takes place.

Does anyone know what the format of the Dean overview? Is it formal?

Thanks! It says they're still reviewing me so fingers crossed

• Care
Does anyone know what the format of the Dean overview? Is it formal?
That’s a good question! My guess is formal attire, but I think it’s good to be overdressed rather than underdressed.

Last edited:
Thanks! It says they're still reviewing me so fingers crossed

I actually had a chance to speak with Jaime at the Choose DO Virtual Expo this past Wednesday and she told me they started reviewing applications this past week and wanted to send out interviews in waves over the following weeks. Keep an eye out on your portal! I still haven’t gotten an email notification for the interview invitation.

MCOM.png

Congrats to everyone who received IIs

interview process is provided in the below link

OOS II just now! strong ties to Montana :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I actually had a chance to speak with Jaime at the Choose DO Virtual Expo this past Wednesday and she told me they started reviewing applications this past week and wanted to send out interviews in waves over the following weeks. Keep an eye out on your portal! I still haven’t gotten an email notification for the interview invitation.
Update: just got the email for the interview invite. But it showed up on my portal before the email was sent!

Does anyone have any info on what the interview is like? Judging from last year's thread it was said to be "conversational", but I'm not finding any specific questions

Does anyone have any info on what the interview is like? Judging from last year's thread it was said to be "conversational", but I'm not finding any specific questions
I think they've listed that we're going to be on with 2 other interviewees but other than that idk

Anyone attending the dean's presentation on the 5th?

I’m wearing a shirt and tie! I have my interview right after the Dean’s overview
Ooh okay gotcha! I'll wear business then. Better safe than sorry!

Good luck tomorrow!! Let us know how it goes, I have my interview next week

• Care
What time is it at? Anyone have a link? I can’t find any info on it
The one for 9/5 is over. It was 9am-10am MST or 11am-12pm EST. I would contact their admissions if you never received anything so schedule another session

I thought it went well. Dr. Park is a really nice guy and I feel like he was honest about what they provide and what their philosophy is

I thought it went well. Dr. Park is a really nice guy and I feel like he was honest about what they provide and what their philosophy is
Same, I had my interview today too and everyone was very nice and felt stress free and felt like it went by very quickly

Reactions: 1 users
For anyone with an upcoming interview… just be yourself! And don’t forget to check out the SDN interview questions for Rocky Vista as there were some that definitely came up. Interview was low stress and it went by really quick.

For anyone with an upcoming interview… just be yourself! And don’t forget to check out the SDN interview questions for Rocky Vista as there were some that definitely came up. Interview was low stress and it went by really quick.
Thank you this is so helpful!!

• Care
Just did my interview today! Everyone was super friendly and it went well. Definitely be yourself and ask all the questions, they are very open and receptive to answering anything. Overall I really enjoyed it!

I'm a current student here. Ask me anything!

1. Are preclinical and clinical years both P/F?
2. Are clinical rotations based on how you do from preclinical years or is it lottery?
3. How are the professors?
4. How is the prep for boards?
5. How long is dedicated time to study for boards?
6. What is the exam schedule like?
7. What is the remediation policy? Is it only one retake and if you fail another course, you repeat or are you dismissed?
8. Is the student environment competitive or chill?
9. What's your favorite thing about the school?
10. Are you happy?

THANK YOU!! :)

1. Are preclinical and clinical years both P/F?
2. Are clinical rotations based on how you do from preclinical years or is it lottery?
3. How are the professors?
4. How is the prep for boards?
5. How long is dedicated time to study for boards?
6. What is the exam schedule like?
7. What is the remediation policy? Is it only one retake and if you fail another course, you repeat or are you dismissed?
8. Is the student environment competitive or chill?
9. What's your favorite thing about the school?
10. Are you happy?

THANK YOU!! :)

Not the student you asked but I’m also one!

1. H/P/F Not sure about clinical cutoffs but for preclinical it’s >=90 for honors and less than 70 for a fail
2. Lottery
3. Professors are wonderful and pretty readily accessible. Definitely experts in their fields and really care about our understanding of concepts. So far they’ve also been really responsive to feedback. I picked the school because of the faculty and they haven’t disappointed.
4. We started doing board integration questions pretty much week 1. Engaged learning sessions always have at least a few questions from the USMLE or COMLEX.
5. Looks like it’s 5 weeks
6. Frequent. Exams either every other week or every week. However, they’re always only on one block of material at a time (ie biochem, MSK, CV/resp). I personally prefer this method of more tests over less info but it may not be for everyone.
7. We have these things called CARES blocks 2 times per semester, halfway through and at the end. They’re two weeks long and you’ll remediate anything you didn’t pass at that time. I think the only limit to how many you can fail at a time is after 2, you can’t be in student government until you’ve passed. If you fail remediation you have to keep whatever your grade was and meet with a committee to decide if you should be allowed to continue.
8. In my opinion, ridiculously chill. Super open sharing of resources. Even people going for competitive specialties are super kind and people really try to lift each other up.
9. Biggest one is my classmates. I think they’re some of the most inspiring people I’ve ever met. The building is also beautiful and a really nice space to be in. We also have a sick VR lab.
10. Definitely. I had my choice of a few schools and haven’t looked back.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
I'm a current student here. Ask me anything!
What have you heard about the Masters of Medical Sciences program? It’s hard to find much info about it online. Have you spoken to any MMS students?

Can anyone give some insight into what the dean’s overview looks like? Were you expected to be on camera, ask questions, etc?

Can anyone give some insight into what the dean’s overview looks like? Were you expected to be on camera, ask questions, etc?
Absolutely! Almost everyone had their camera on when I attended the Deans Overview back on September 5th. Dr. Park does a chronological overview starting with years 1&2 and then later years 3&4. He stopped for questions between years 2&3 and then people had an opportunity to ask more questions via zoom chat after he talked about year 4. We went over by 10 minutes (1 hour 10 min total) due to a decent amount of questions being asked. I don’t think you’re expected to ask questions, but if you have a question feel free to ask. I also took notes which I’m glad I did now looking back a few weeks you forget those little details.

Absolutely! Almost everyone had their camera on when I attended the Deans Overview back on September 5th. Dr. Park does a chronological overview starting with years 1&2 and then later years 3&4. He stopped for questions between years 2&3 and then people had an opportunity to ask more questions via zoom chat after he talked about year 4. We went over by 10 minutes (1 hour 10 min total) due to a decent amount of questions being asked. I don’t think you’re expected to ask questions, but if you have a question feel free to ask. I also took notes which I’m glad I did now looking back a few weeks you forget those little details.
Thank you so much for the info this was super helpful! Did they have you guys introduce yourselves in the beginning?

• Care
Thank you so much for the info this was super helpful! Did they have you guys introduce yourselves in the beginning?
No, just because there were so many people! But you could introduce yourself when asking a question, which I did too during that Sept. 5th session. Dr. Park is very nice & open to answering all questions so make sure to ask some!

Anyone else from the 9/5 interview day anxiously waiting to hear about decisions?

Anyone else from the 9/5 interview day anxiously waiting to hear about decisions?
That would be me 😬😭 I think we should find out this week right?