2023-2024 Oregon Health and Sciences University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
anyone know how long we will wait post interview for a decsision?
It took 7 weeks for me. It seems like it varies pretty widely.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone who has been accepted gotten the formal letter securing their spot? I have another deadline coming up this week for another school and I’m sure I’m fine declining it, but a part of me just wants to see the physical letter saying I have a spot before the I tell the other school no.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone who has been accepted gotten the formal letter securing their spot? I have another deadline coming up this week for another school and I’m sure I’m fine declining it, but a part of me just wants to see the physical letter saying I have a spot before the I tell the other school no.

you could def call and ask for something in writing i’m sure

II just now. LM 81, complete 9/18

Reactions: 2 users
It's been over a month since my acceptance, and I'm still waiting for the official offer letter too.

Anyone interviewed the week of October 23rd and still waiting to hear back?

Anyone interviewed the week of October 23rd and still waiting to hear back?
Just know that it has nothing to do with you and also has absolutely no effect on your likelihood of getting in. It has to do with the mechanics of the committee. It can be a long wait, but you'll eventually hear back.

Reactions: 3 users
Just know that it has nothing to do with you and also has absolutely no effect on your likelihood of getting in. It has to do with the mechanics of the committee. It can be a long wait, but you'll eventually hear back.
This right here ^ They don't do things chronologically and because of the way they fill out the class it's hard to predict when you will get any sort of answer. Things should gradually pick up as they get closer to the end of the cycle and I believe they begin filling out the waitlist more as time goes on as well. According to the updated MSAR data, they end up accepting approximately 1/3 of the waitlist as well so a WL decision isn't the end all be all. One other note, they seem to send decisions at totally random times. I was taken completely off guard because I received my decision outside of business hours on a random Sunday night. I also haven't seen anyone report a similar decision from that day either so they likely don't come in waves. For all those waiting things out in purgatory, stay the course, try to enjoy yourself, and don't stress too much... though I totally understand the feeling. Good luck!!!

OOS Post-II Hold - Interviewed 10/23

For those curious, it reads: "The Admissions Committee will be discussing applicants through April, which means that you will be notified of a final decision regarding your application no later than April 30, 2024. Applicants put on hold may remain on hold until April 30, when final decisions are made. At that point you will hear a decision of Accept, Alternate, or Refuse. Please note that further updates will not reopen your file or change the committee's decision."

Last edited:
IS A
Interviewed 9/28
Good luck everyone! Hope to see you all in the fall :)

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Is there a group me ( or any other groups) for the accepted students? Thank you!

• Hmm
Do you know about happening OHSU Dr. Daniel Mark? It was unpleasant news. Disappointing 😞

• Sad
Some odd things going on up
On the hill
This along with the Tik tok and another Anes residnt

• Wow
IS interview invite today, completed app 9/20/23.
Was pleasantly surprised to see the email wasnt a rejection 😅

Reactions: 1 users
Seeing multiple cases of SA makes me concerned about the culture at OHSU. I don't know how to figure out if SA is prevalent at all schools—which would make OHSU's intolerance of the behavior a good thing—or if the problem is uniquely bad at OHSU. Does anyone know how to assess this? I would prefer to not be the victim of sexual harassment or assault in my career.

Seeing multiple cases of SA makes me concerned about the culture at OHSU. I don't know how to figure out if SA is prevalent at all schools—which would make OHSU's intolerance of the behavior a good thing—or if the problem is uniquely bad at OHSU. Does anyone know how to assess this? I would prefer to not be the victim of sexual harassment or assault in my career.
Intolerance?
They tried to brush it under the rug, pretend like it didn’t happen and ship the resident off to Florida and not inform them of what happened prior.

It only came to light when people spoke up

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
For the accepted students in the traditional MD track, did you receive a package in the mail? or just the email?

Is there a group me ( or any other groups) for the accepted students? Thank you!
Sometime in the coming months current students will reach out to everyone accepted thus far periodically with access to a class Facebook page + later a discord channel.

For the accepted students in the traditional MD track, did you receive a package in the mail? or just the email?
To my knowledge, in past years email is the only way things were sent out regarding acceptance / admissions. (At least for MD only program)

Have we started receiving admission emails today or this week? Last year, first week January results were coming out from OHSU. Just wondering!

• Wow
Mixture. Some stations were stoic and others relaxed. One-on-one was very friendly though.
This was my experience too. The acting scenarios were kind of awkward and serious, but my other MMI stations were pretty relaxed (I actually enjoyed my conversations with my other MMI interviewers). My individual interview was really enjoyable and laid back. I could have easily stayed and talked with my one-on-one interviewer for way longer than 30 minutes.

Mixture. Some stations were stoic and others relaxed. One-on-one was very friendly though.
This was my experience too. The acting scenarios were kind of awkward and serious, but my other MMI stations were pretty relaxed (I actually enjoyed my conversations with my other MMI interviewers). My individual interview was really enjoyable and laid back. I could have easily stayed and talked with my one-on-one interviewer for way longer than 30 minutes.
Third this. They tend to take their acting stations very seriously but some other MMI stations were pretty casual. My one-on-one was hands down my favorite of any interview I've had and reflected extremely positively on the school in my opinion. I too could have chatted for several hours with my interviewer with ease.

IS, secondary submitted 07/27 and nothing yet. Should I expect not to hear anything at this point?

• Care
IS, secondary submitted 07/27 and nothing yet. Should I expect not to hear anything at this point?
During my first application cycle, I didn’t get an II from OHSU until February. You still have a chance.

• Care
I would second the above comment. During my cycle I didn't hear back from OHSU until a Jan 18th invite for a Feb 14th interview. I think I was one of the last interviews of the cycle (terrible wait and was fully preparing to move out of state by the time I received it, but on the pro side it was only a 2 week turn around from interview to acceptance). Would have to assume that if the last invites they send are mid/end of January, there are probably some cancellations or folks turning invites down into early Feb. So I would say if you haven't gotten an interview by early February, that is likely the time to start making alternative plans.

• Care
Rejected today post interview in state. Really painful. I didn’t have a great day on the MMIs, but I’m really stunned to be outwardly rejected. I don't know where to go from here after being out of school for 4 years, and can’t fathom the expenses and time of a reapplication. This is brutal.
chin up they prob dont deserve you, when did u interview?

On the portal, it says:
Once your file has been processed, updates about the status of your application, including the receipt and processing of all letters of recommendation, will appear on this status page. Before that time, your status here will NOT change. If you are concerned about the status of your letters, please verify with AMCAS that they have been submitted and that you have designated OHSU as a recipient.

I had submitted on 9/1 and it reflects this on the portal, but it does not list anything else after this (such as my LORs). Is this the case for everyone?

On the portal, it says:
Once your file has been processed, updates about the status of your application, including the receipt and processing of all letters of recommendation, will appear on this status page. Before that time, your status here will NOT change. If you are concerned about the status of your letters, please verify with AMCAS that they have been submitted and that you have designated OHSU as a recipient.

I had submitted on 9/1 and it reflects this on the portal, but it does not list anything else after this (such as my LORs). Is this the case for everyone?
I'm 3 months post-acceptance, and mine never showed LORs, etc, either. Just the message above.

Rejection for MD/PhD (pre-interview R), along with a traditional MD program interview invitation (II 1/11; complete 8/21). I am an IS applicant.

IS II just now! Complete 8/10 and silence since. So thankful because I really thought it was over lol!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Are those who graduated from an Oregon High School and have Oregon heritage considered as part of the in-state pool for admissions on MSAR or are they counted as Out of State for admissions purposes?

Are those who graduated from an Oregon High School and have Oregon heritage considered as part of the in-state pool for admissions on MSAR or are they counted as Out of State for admissions purposes?
In-state.

Do you guys happen to know if it is possible for somebody applied for MD/MPH program but only accepted into MD?

Do you guys happen to know if it is possible for somebody applied for MD/MPH program but only accepted into MD?
I thought at some point it asked if we wanted to be considered for MD only as well? So I was assuming so?

Yes! As long as you indicated on your application that you would be interested in MD-only, then it's possible.