2023-2024 Nevada - Reno

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
do applicants get screened out between part 1 and part 2?

Members don't see this ad.

Anybody OOS receive anything today? The previous OOS update email said that they anticipate "all applicants" will receive a part 1 invitation today. But they also say that OOS will receive an interview (if chose) in mid November.
Any OOS updates from anyone? Haven't heard anything

Members don't see this ad :)
From the IS info session, it sounded like everyone that was invited for part 1 would also be invited to do part 2. But not 100% sure
This is also how I interpreted from the info session and the initial interview invite email. They are also going off availability of interviewers, who are all really busy, so it’s just taking a little bit to schedule them!

This is also how I interpreted from the info session and the initial interview invite email. They are also going off availability of interviewers, who are all really busy, so it’s just taking a little bit to schedule them!
IIRC, they also said they have an internal ranking of applicants which determines the order they receive the part 2 interview

IIRC, they also said they have an internal ranking of applicants which determines the order they receive the part 2 interview
Yeah I remember them saying they have a formula for who gets reviewed for the first decision date, and that might translate to who gets interviewed first so it’s done in time for the first date 🤷🏼‍♀️

Y’all think early November interviews will be considered for the first decisions?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello everyone!

Sorry for being slower to respond to some of your messages, I have been on my IM rotation which has been a handful, but I am back and happy to answer any and all questions.

For some information:

Many OOS interviews will be sent out early December - so keep an eye out for those!

Additionally, our admissions team continues to work on sending out decisions each month. I know this is a tough process and the wait can be difficult but we are here to help in any way we can. Don't hesitate to reach out or DM!

- UNR Admissions Student Rep

Reactions: 1 users
Have all oos iis been sent out? Still waiting :/

OOS II for part 1. So excited! Love this school!

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone have an idea of the timeline between Part 1 and Part 2 interviews, or part 2 interviews and admission decisions?

From what I have seen, it’s from 2 weeks to a month.

IS timeline for me:
Part 1 completed 8/22
Part 2 invite 10/31
Part 2 complete 11/9
No admissions decision yet

Does anyone have an idea of the timeline between Part 1 and Part 2 interviews, or part 2 interviews and admission decisions?
OOS, I got my Part 1 invite on 11/29, completed this 12/4, got the part 2 invite today 12/5, will interview on 12/11.

OOS Part 1 complete 11/30 Part II invite 12/5. Seems like they are having a pretty fast turn around.

is the part 2 of the interview also MMI? or is traditional? it said MMI on the instructions but i just want to confirm

For OOS post interview I'm guessing we wait till mid February like previous years for a decision?

For OOS post interview I'm guessing we wait till mid February like previous years for a decision?
I’m really hoping not. I have a nonrefundable tuition deposit at another school due middle of January… I would love to avoid paying that if possible.

In their admission portal they specify decisions will come out after 5pm.
I’m not sure if that’s accurate though because last month people heard before 5, and in the info session they said before 5. I’m sure they will come at some point today though. Best of luck everyone! 🙌

Reactions: 2 users
IS waitlist at 5:25PM, application complete 8/22, second part of interview complete 11/29

Last edited:
IS waitlist, second part of interview complete 11/06

Are all emails/phone calls out for the night? If it helps anyone else to know, I haven't heard anything (Part II of my interview was done 11/17).

For those that heard back today was it an email, portal update, or phone call?