2023-2024 Nevada - Las Vegas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS II recieved 9/18/2023
I have tier 1 and 2 ties to Nevada

When will invites for interviews start being sent out?

received secondary yesterday after submitting primary a month ago

Members don't see this ad :)
received secondary yesterday after submitting primary a month ago
Secondary timing is dependent on a verified file from AMCAS getting to our system and a qualifying GPA/MCAT score (along with Nevada resident or western region qualification), so if any of that was pending, that was the hold up. Also if there is an institutional action, a low GPA review for post-bacc qualifications, or proof of permanent residency request, they have to go to individual file review which takes additional time. Similar if you are a Nevada connection that we're not aware of until you email us. Hope that helps - it's not a bad thing it's just a system process. :)

Reactions: 1 user
Secondary timing is dependent on a verified file from AMCAS getting to our system and a qualifying GPA/MCAT score (along with Nevada resident or western region qualification), so if any of that was pending, that was the hold up. Also if there is an institutional action, a low GPA review for post-bacc qualifications, or proof of permanent residency request, they have to go to individual file review which takes additional time. Similar if you are a Nevada connection that we're not aware of until you email us. Hope that helps - it's not a bad thing it's just a system process. :)

Oh ok great, thank you! Was getting worried :)

OOS II 10/2 at 1am (nice surprise), Completed Secondary 8/1

Last edited:
Has anyone gotten any interview invites yet?
II means interview invite. So any comment here with that has gotten an interview. Definitely a bit confusing since it looks like Roman numerals for secondary haha

Does anyone know for sure what date first calls come out? I have heard next Friday (10/20) but I am curious if anyone knows for sure!

• Hmm
Does anyone know for sure what date first calls come out? I have heard next Friday (10/20) but I am curious if anyone knows for sure!
We'll post here when calls are completed for the month - it can vary. :) October hasn't occurred yet.

Reactions: 2 users
Hello Everyone! We have finished making admissions calls for October. Have a great Nevada Day and we'll provide notification again in November.

Reactions: 2 users
OOS II !!! middle of the night but excited!
LM 71, no tier 1 or 2 but a history of living/working in state

Last edited:
Have any more invites been sent out?
More are coming soon! We are in review mode still on lots of applications (we have more apps in this year than last)! And we still have interview seats to fill. We do review and invites to interview up until end of Dec/early Jan. Our interview season ends in mid-February. :)

Reactions: 1 users
Does OOS invites being sent mean that IS spots have been filled already?

Can anyone confirm I am remembering correctly that UNLV doesn't accept update letters?
From what I remember, the said they generally do not accept update letters unless there is a significant update to community service or patient care experience.

Does OOS invites being sent mean that IS spots have been filled already?

No, not at all. UNLV does not operate that way in the slightest. The vast majority of their class will be in state (or OOS with ties).

Do y'all think UNLV will do calls at the end of this week? Next week is Thanksgiving week so I am doubtful that they will do it then.

Anyone else gotten any invites? IS, Secondary complete 7/12 and LM 73, and haven’t heard anything.

Anyone else gotten any invites? IS, Secondary complete 7/12 and LM 73, and haven’t heard anything.

IS, LM69.5
Secondary completed 8/4/23
Interviewed 9/29/23 (II received 8/25/23)

They were very quick for me, I just haven’t been lucky enough to get the A yet. I would triple check that your status in the portal is accurate (that they aren’t waiting on anything, like MCAT). I had 2 schools that I realized only a few weeks ago hadn’t received my Casper.

More are coming soon! We are in review mode still on lots of applications (we have more apps in this year than last)! And we still have interview seats to fill. We do review and invites to interview up until end of Dec/early Jan. Our interview season ends in mid-February. :)
Do you think it is possible or have any idea if people who were interviewed at the end of October could be discussed in this month's committee meeting?

Can anyone confirm I am remembering correctly that UNLV doesn't accept update letters?
We don't necessarily take letters but if you do have significant updates to community service or clinical experiences you can email that information to admissions and we can add it to your file.

Do you think it is possible or have any idea if people who were interviewed at the end of October could be discussed in this month's committee meeting?
Late October wouldn't have made it to the November meeting. That group will head into December's meeting.

• Love
Is it pretty rare for an OOS with no ties to get an II? I applied because I like the school and area, but have no real ties