2023-2024 Nevada - Las Vegas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hello Everyone! We have finished making admissions calls for November. Have a great Thanksgiving and we'll provide notification again in December.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Is it pretty rare for an OOS with no ties to get an II? I applied because I like the school and area, but have no real ties
OOS no ties is our largest and most competitive pool. It's also a bit more difficult due to the size of the Nevada Connection and the Nevada resident pools, however we do look at those applications and we do have individuals in current cohorts who did not have a tie - but it is the hardest status to compete with at this time.

Will there be more in state interview invites going out soon? Starting to lose hope

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got an in-state interview today!

Hey, especially for my fellow locals— I hope everyone is safe. I’m heartbroken for our city & all of the students at UNLV.

The incident was at main campus (not med school building) but I hope and pray everyone and their loved ones are safe

Feel free to reach out if anyone needs to chat.

• Care
Reactions: 18 users
Hey, especially for my fellow locals— I hope everyone is safe. I’m heartbroken for our city & all of the students at UNLV.

The incident was at main campus (not med school building) but I hope and pray everyone and their loved ones are safe

Feel free to reach out if anyone needs to chat.
Thank you so much for this kind post. We are truly touched by so many thoughtful wishes. Everyone please take good care and continue to connect with each other and any services provided by the university (UNLV and NSU have both posted well-being lists in the past 24 hours). We have a very strong support system in our VEGASSTRONG/UNLVSTRONG city. We do hope your holiday season brings peace and joy.

• Care
Hello Everyone - just a quick update. We will be going into early 2024 with file review and interview invitations for our remaining dates in January and February. With this weeks tragic incident and some work we've had to do for those whose interviews were cancelled this week, we will need additional time to continue with the file review process. As always, our rolling admissions approach means you can interview anytime and be admitted at anytime during our cycle, so it is of no detriment to interview in the new year. Thank you for your patience and we hope that you know we take your files very seriously and that's why we want to make sure they get the attention they deserve. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us at [email protected] and if you would like to see our cycle timeline please visit: Admission Selection Process and Timeline

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Hello Everyone - just a quick update. We will be going into early 2024 with file review and interview invitations for our remaining dates in January and February. With this weeks tragic incident and some work we've had to do for those whose interviews were cancelled this week, we will need additional time to continue with the file review process. As always, our rolling admissions approach means you can interview anytime and be admitted at anytime during our cycle, so it is of no detriment to interview in the new year. Thank you for your patience and we hope that you know we take your files very seriously and that's why we want to make sure they get the attention they deserve. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us at [email protected] and if you would like to see our cycle timeline please visit: Admission Selection Process and Timeline

Does this also mean acceptance decisions won’t be sent out this month, or just interview decisions?

Does this also mean acceptance decisions won’t be sent out this month, or just interview decisions?
Admissions Committee does meet this month so we will be making acceptance calls.

• Love
Members don't see this ad :)
Have many rejections been sent out yet?
We have not sent preliminary rejections yet. We will do that in the new year once our final interview seats are filled. For those who do interview, they will stay active with our committee until the seats are filled at the end of March. At that time we do notification of rejection or offer to be on the alternate list. Our final round of rejections come out in June to the alternate list when we close the cohort and are making no more offers for the class. So in short, we do 3 rounds: those who will not interview; those who will not go to alternate list; those who won't come off alternate list.

Last year it was the 16th so I was thinking 3rd Friday of the month but maybe not. I know UNR is the 20th tho
Going through this thread's posts, the first acceptances went out 10/20, the second on 11/17. n=2, but it looks like the third Friday of every month is correct. And UNR did say the 20th of each month during their interview process!

Going through this thread's posts, the first acceptances went out 10/20, the second on 11/17. n=2, but it looks like the third Friday of every month is correct. And UNR did say the 20th of each month during their interview process!

Queue my uncontrollable emotions today lmao

Hello Everyone! We have finished making admissions calls for December. Have a great holiday season, and we'll provide notification again in January. Have a safe and happy new year as well.

Reactions: 3 users
Hello Everyone! We have finished making admissions calls for December. Have a great holiday season, and we'll provide notification again in January. Have a safe and happy new year as well.
Are in-state applicants offered an acceptance first - kinda like with interviews? or is residency status not a factor past the interview stage? Just curious, thanks in advance!

Are interview invites done for the month? Or are invites still going to be sent out through the rest of the holiday season?

Are in-state applicants offered an acceptance first - kinda like with interviews? or is residency status not a factor past the interview stage? Just curious, thanks in advance!
There is no order to acceptances by the committee, especially with our rolling admissions process where the pool continues to be assessed as it builds post-interview dates.

Are interview invites done for the month? Or are invites still going to be sent out through the rest of the holiday season?
We are still reviewing files and offering interviews. We expect to wrap this up by mid-January. All rejection notification to those not being invited to interview will release no later than month end.

Reactions: 3 users
We are still reviewing files and offering interviews. We expect to wrap this up by mid-January. All rejection notification to those not being invited to interview will release no later than month end.
Hello, Are there still a lot of invites to be sent out within the next couple weeks, or just a few?

Anyone else find out in their portal that they need to submit a few prerequisite grades? Freaking out a little because i’m unsure how long it’s been in my portal, checked last Tuesday but don’t remember seeing it. Hopefully this doesn’t hurt my chances in receiving an II as they’re soon to be done with those…

Anyone else find out in their portal that they need to submit a few prerequisite grades? Freaking out a little because i’m unsure how long it’s been in my portal, checked last Tuesday but don’t remember seeing it. Hopefully this doesn’t hurt my chances in receiving an II as they’re soon to be done with those…
I havent seen this so I am not sure. Maybe they want to verify a few things. Has anyone else been under review for awhile?

I havent seen this so I am not sure. Maybe they want to verify a few things. Has anyone else been under review for awhile?

I’ve been under review since late September if that helps at all! They just emailed me back stating that my courses are marked complete so hopefully hear something soon

Last edited:
I’ve been under review since late September if that helps at all! They just emailed me back stating that my courses are marked complete so holy to hear something soon
Did you email them? mine has been about the same time

I submitted my secondary back in July and haven’t heard anything since.

I also emailed about 2 months ago and asked if anything was missing from my application and they said that it didn’t seem like anything was missing, but it didn’t seem like they had reviewed my application at that point.

Last edited:
OOS II yesterday (with ties to Nevada)! Very excited for this one

A little confused to be honest...UNLV had contacted me asking for a final grade for a course about a week ago and I provided my transcript with an "A" grade in that course. Now, a few IIs were sent out on Friday and UNLV had stated if you don't receive an II by mid-January, they would soon be sending rejections. After they received my grade, I'm a little confused in what is going on in terms of timing. Anyone else in the same boat?

All of the invites I am seeing on here are OOS II’s. Does that mean the IS II’s are finished for this cycle, or are there more going out within the next few days?

Do we think any more IIs...?

Hi Everyone - In regard to interviews, yes we are still in the pools looking to fill our final seats. We will be issuing rejection notifications for those not going to interview at the end of January. Our school does rolling review so everyone with qualifying files stays active the entire review period as our team combs the applications to continue to offer invitations. NV resident is given priority and then Nevada Connection and then OOS with no connection, but applications from all 3 categories are/can be continuously considered. UNLV has seen an increase of applications this year as well. Hope that helps!