2023-2024 Einstein

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thats how most schools WLs work. After april 30th they start taking ppl off
oh got it, i didn't realize that would mean Einstein would have to make a decision to waitlist first THEN make decisions after june 1st.

i thought that this would be the next decision received (i am currently post - II) if that makes sense. thank you, i don't know anything about this process at this point!

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know how many students are in the accepted discord? And Einstein's class size normally?

Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone have an idea when the next set of decisions (As if there even are any) will come out?
This is just a thought but I feel like they'll still add a few people to the WL since it does no harm. I'm suspecting that once financial aid awards go out people may ask other schools to match and attend there instead (like my friend). So I still feel like there will be some movement unless they simply tell people who are deferring to attend in the fall instead and don't move anyone off of the WL at all.

This is all speculation and it's out of our hands at this point. If you have an interview coming up just nail it and focus on that. No need to worry ourselves on something we have no control over. Good luck everyone!

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know the process of applying to financial aid? I have been looking at this site

But it's not really updated and the Einstein financial aid questionnaire does not look updated. I know that the deadline is March 15th, and I'm trying to see if they offer need-based aid for housing and living expenses. (Ik I sound greedy but I'm going to have to take out full loans to fund medical school) Has anyone else begun the financial aid process for need-based aid? Please feel free to DM me or just reply. Thank you so much!
for the financial aid questionnaire I am not sure if they are still doing that. I think you should send an email to Asst. Dean, Damien Jackson and check if they are going to send/update the questionnaire. It is always good to double check and showcase you are interested in financial aid for housing

Any thoughts on sending a pre decision letter of intent? Just interviewed recently and I’m pretty nervous about having to wait for decisions. I have a publication coming out next week so should I wait for that to be released and email my update or letter of intent? This is my top choice and was even before free tuition so I’m just freaking out…

Any thoughts on sending a pre decision letter of intent? Just interviewed recently and I’m pretty nervous about having to wait for decisions. I have a publication coming out next week so should I wait for that to be released and email my update or letter of intent? This is my top choice and was even before free tuition so I’m just freaking out…
Def send it now. Just mention the pub coming out and give them a link or tell them how they can see it

can we expect that they will give us some level of update on or before March 15th? (from the traffic rules that is the deadline? unclear)

my interview is not until early April... should I be worried about how late it is?

Members don't see this ad :)
For people with t20 As, are you leaning towards the ranking at those schools or the money here??

Here, full COA's a doozy

For people with t20 As, are you leaning towards the ranking at those schools or the money here??
Most haven’t sent out aid info yet. People will wait til they have all the info then make a decision. Some schools match. Some don’t. People have posted that they’ve had their matched by other T50 even. So no one will know anything until all the aid is laid out by other schools and they ask to match

My interview isn’t until late March so I have no choice. Haven’t heard about any awards from my A’s so far, but if it is zero aid at one of my Top 20’s and full tuition here I’d have a very tough decision that would probably put my at Einstein if I were lucky enough to get in.

Most haven’t sent out aid info yet. People will wait til they have all the info then make a decision. Some schools match. Some don’t. People have posted that they’ve had their matched by other T50 even. So no one will know anything until all the aid is laid out by other schools and they ask to match
Yup I'd mentioned that I had a friend match it somewhere already. Also knew someone who got into NYU in the past and was able to get a couple institutions to match. Definitely feel like there might be some movement in the WL if enough people are able to get matches elsewhere or choose elsewhere if finaid packages are good enough. Just sucks that FAFSA is so messed up this year and that's gonna push back timelines quite a bit.

i’m in the same boat… nothing we can do but do our best and pray
Good luck you guys! Just focus on doing well on the interview and that'll put you a bit more at ease. What others who have As and the admissions committee do are out of our hands so we just gotta do the best we can. Wishing everyone waiting on decisions or on the WL luck!

Reactions: 2 users
lol def leaning toward the free tuition here but waiting for finaid at t20

Reactions: 3 users
Interview in feb, thought it was my best interview it went so well. Just received an R

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 7 users
Interview in feb, thought it was my best interview it went so well. Just received an R
I’m so sorry friend. My guess is it had very, very little to do with you. Unfortunately, I think there will be many similar stories. You are a victim of the great news about free tuition and an admissions office who was in the dark and therefore could not plan their cycle around it.

I received my interview invitation on 2/5. Had the news come out before 2/5 I promise you I never would have received an interview and I do not expect there is any chance I will get an A after I interview in late March.

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 1 users
Post II Rejection. Interviewed 2/5.
Like above, it was a great interview.
LM 74.

I would imagine anyone who hasnt heard back yet is gonna be a rejection because of the tuition change.

Last edited:
  • Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 6 users
I’m so sorry friend. My guess is it had very, very little to do with you. Unfortunately, I think there will be many similar stories. You are a victim of the great news about free tuition and an admissions office who was in the dark and therefore could not plan their cycle around it.

I received my interview invitation on 2/5. Had the news come out before 2/5 I promise you I never would have received an interview and I do not expect there is any chance I will get an A after I interview in late March.
You are so kind, unfortunately I also happened to apply a little late in the cycle. wishing you good luck on your interview!

so do you think they are pivoting and only accepting the top students who are left?

so do you think they are pivoting and only accepting the top students who are left?
Oh no. I don’t think even those will be accepted. Relatively high stat here and have no hope whatsoever for an A.

Einstein is in a bit of trouble most likely. They probably can’t afford to give out any more A’s at all.

No one gets an A after 2/1 historically. Every person got WL/HPWL/R. Then WL movement was in May. If they don’t expect WL movement/have enough people on WL/HPWL, they could just be sending Rs. But who knows how this year will go

I wish there was a way to know if the class is full at this point in time.

There’s around 150 people in the discord so assuming that there are def some people who haven’t joined I think they’ve accepted close to a full class. They are probably waiting until April 15/30 to see if they need to accept anyone else because now nobody is gonna withdraw their As until they have to

People are going to wait for fin aid offers from other schools, then try to match if they want to go elsewhere. No one knows what’s going to happen

this is such a bummer - it has been my top school before the tuition free notification. in my interview (mid feb), my interviewer was like ' u r a wonderful fit and we want students like you - as a student at einstein it'd be like...."
like that is such a bummer if they're just going to reject everyone else now lol

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
If anyone is thinking about choosing Einstein over a T20, I’d love to hear about your decision-making process in my DMs or this thread because I’m having difficulty making the decision

Can any current students estimate the cost of attendance (room and board) outside of tuition and fees? I am someone that will be taking out straight loans for all four years. Is the estimated 23 K per year inflated on Einstein's website or does that sound accurate. Thanks for the help :)) It was confirmed with me that Einstein will only be using Federal loans to cover costs outside of tuition and fees.

Last edited:
If anyone is thinking about choosing Einstein over a T20, I’d love to hear about your decision-making process in my DMs or this thread because I’m having difficulty making the decision
same. what factors are you looking at?

So for me--if your family is really rich and you will have little to no debt--T20

If your family is of lesser means where you will get very substantial need based financial aid--T20

Then there is my category. My family does well enough that undergrads did not offer any financial aid but they are nowhere near wealthy enough where the cost of medical school attendance will be able to be borne by my family. So I will have substantial loans and if not offered any merit aid could realistically have loans for full COA. In my category--which probably includes many--a full tuition scholarship at Einstein would be hard to turn down against my Top 20 and even top 2 options. This is especially true if the top schools are basically saying no aid at all.

I haven't heard any FA offers from any of my A's yet, so haven't made any decisions yet. And I honestly have zero faith any more offers from Einstein would be going out.

But I told myself from the beginning of the process that if NYU accepted me I was going there even if Harvard or JHU were options. Without question for me. Well, NYU rejected me post II and Harvard didn't even interview me. But I am fortunate enough to have Hopkins. And while Einstein is not yet quite NYU, Einstein would be a real possibility for me. And to stress the significance of this—Hopkins is my dream school—my perfect fit—above all others—my money is no object school.

Unfortunately money is somewhat of an object!

I am not a real possibility for Einstein. And I am basing this solely on the circumstances. I think I am a great fit for Einstein. I am not just trying to be a Debbie Downer by saying this over and over again. But at best I would guess those without decisions are hoping for a WL. And how much WL activity there is will depend on the number of offers outstanding compared to prior years and how many people holding A's are able to negotiate matching or at least better FA at a higher ranked or better fit for them school, or fall into one of the first two categories I discussed (very rich or qualify for need based).

So many congrats to those with A's!

Last edited:
  • Care
So for me--if your family is really rich and you will have little to no debt--T20

If your family is of lesser means where you will get very substantial need based financial aid--T20

Then there is my category. My family does well enough that undergrads did not offer any financial aid but they are nowhere near wealthy enough where the cost of medical school attendance will be able to be borne by my family. So I will have substantial loans and if not offered any merit aid could realistically have loans for full COA. In my category--which probably includes many--a full tuition scholarship at Einstein would be hard to turn down against my Top 20 and even top 2 options. This is especially true if the top schools are basically saying no aid at all.

I haven't heard any FA offers from any of my A's yet, so haven't made any decisions yet. And I honestly have zero faith any more offers from Einstein would be going out.

But I told myself from the beginning of the process that if NYU accepted me I was going there even if Harvard or JHU were options. Without question for me. Well, NYU rejected me post II and Harvard didn't even interview me. But I am fortunate enough to have Hopkins. And while Einstein is not yet quite NYU, Einstein would be a real possibility for me.

If only I were a real possibility for them. And I am basing this solely on the circumstances. I think I am a great fit for Einstein. I am not just trying to be a Debbie Downer by saying this over and over again. But at best I would guess those without decisions are hoping for a WL. And how much WL activity there is will depend on the number of offers outstanding compared to prior years and how many people holding A's are able to negotiate matching or at least better FA at a higher ranked or better fit for them school, or fall into one of the first two categories I discussed (very rich or qualify for need based).

So many congrats to those with A's!
Just want to mention top schools are the ones that are most likely to at least partially match tuition. I'm also in a similar financial position as It's Over but here are things that I have been told to look for in schools:

1. Match list: Are students in the schools you got into matching well in terms of program, location, and specialty. Some schools are really well known for their residency programs despite not being a T20 (i.e. Jefferson's ophtho program is one of the best in the country and students from their med school match more easily). Also look at WHERE people match. A majority (looks like close to 90%) of Einstein's students complete a residency in NYC, which is considered one of the most malignant and difficult locations to do one. Residents are usually given a ton of scut, may not get too much hands on experience, and pay a ton just to survive while making amongst the least in terms of income compared to other residents in their specialty who may be learning in the Midwest or the South. Also means you have less (not 0% but just overall less) of a chance of getting into a residency outside of New York.

2. Location: Will you be close to family or friends? Never underestimate the strength of having a support system that you can easily see in person. Albeit this is can be taken with a grain of salt depending on your connection with your family and so on. Do you like living in a city or do you prefer suburbs? (Einstein is in a pretty residential area of the Bronx so it's definitely not the same vibe as Manhattan)

3. Curriculum: Is the school P/F? Do you want to be ranked because you like a challenge? Can you volunteer and get credit for it or do you have to do research and write a paper? Are the exams NBME or in house style? A lot of the med students I talked to have said that Einstein continues to refine their curriculum but they can sometimes step back in terms of progress because they are overeager in pleasing a vocal minority. Einstein also has in house exams which some students said didn't hold them back on STEP but others seemed less than pleased.

4. Finances: This is definitely a huge factor but surprisingly isn't. Sure you will take out loans but max out your government loans. Residencies count as working in a public sector and after working for 10 years in the public sector your government loans are erased. So if you do an intensive surgical residency for 6 years, you will only have to really pay high monthly payments for 4 years. While you will pay for the loans to some degree you will most likely never be able to repay the entire thing within 10 years of graduating which is completely fine and saves you money. ALSO if you get into a public state school as an OOS applicant, you can actually claim residency following one year and qualify for in-state tuition.

5. Prestige: Never ever underestimate how easily you can get your foot in the door by going to a T20. No money in the world can pay for the connections some of these schools have with incredible research and surgical sites. This can make a huge difference when applying for residency to the point where you end up not having to worry as much about your STEP2 or getting a couple more volunteering experiences to seem more well rounded (know a program director who said that if you're at a T20 they pretty much preferentially look at your application before others).

Sorry if that was super long but these are just some things I've learned in the last few months! The finances are definitely a huge plus, but it's important to see if you actually see yourself fitting in with the student and patient population. Sacrificing 80% of your med school experience for the other 20% isn't always the best.

Last edited:
Just want to mention top schools are the ones that are most likely to at least partially match tuition. I'm also in a similar financial position as It's Over but here are things that I have been told to look for in schools:

1. Match list: Are students in the schools you got into matching well in terms of program, location, and specialty. Some schools are really well known for their residency programs despite not being a T20 (i.e. Jefferson's ophtho program is one of the best in the country and students from their med school match more easily). Also look at WHERE people match. A majority (looks like close to 90%) of Einstein's students complete a residency in NYC, which is considered one of the most malignant and difficult locations to do one. Residents are usually given a ton of scut, may not get too much hands on experience, and pay a ton just to survive while making amongst the least in terms of income compared to other residents in their specialty who may be learning in the Midwest or the South. Also means you have less (not 0% but just overall less) of a chance of getting into a residency outside of New York.

2. Location: Will you be close to family or friends? Never underestimate the strength of having a support system that you can easily see in person. Albeit this is can be taken with a grain of salt depending on your connection with your family and so on. Do you like living in a city or do you prefer suburbs? (Einstein is in a pretty residential area of the Bronx so it's definitely not the same vibe as Manhattan)

3. Curriculum: Is the school P/F? Do you want to be ranked because you like a challenge? Can you volunteer and get credit for it or do you have to do research and write a paper? Are the exams NBME or in house style? A lot of the med students I talked to have said that Einstein continues to refine their curriculum but they can sometimes step back in terms of progress because they are overeager in pleasing a vocal minority. Einstein also has in house exams which some students said didn't hold them back on STEP but others seemed less than pleased.

4. Finances: This is definitely a huge factor but surprisingly isn't. Sure you will take out loans but max out your government loans. Residencies count as working in a public sector and after working for 10 years in the public sector your government loans are erased. So if you do an intensive surgical residency for 6 years, you will only have to really pay high monthly payments for 4 years. While you will pay for the loans to some degree you will most likely never be able to repay the entire thing within 10 years of graduating which is completely fine and saves you money. ALSO if you get into a public state school as an OOS applicant, you can actually claim residency following one year and qualify for in-state tuition.

5. Prestige: Never ever underestimate how easily you can get your foot in the door by going to a T20. No money in the world can pay for the connections some of these schools have with incredible research and surgical sites. This can make a huge difference when applying for residency to the point where you end up not having to worry as much about your STEP2 or getting a couple more volunteering experiences to seem more well rounded (know a program director who said that if you're at a T20 they pretty much preferentially look at your application before others).

Sorry if that was super long but these are just some things I've learned in the last few months! The finances are definitely a huge plus, but it's important to see if you actually see yourself fitting in with the student and patient population. Sacrificing 80% of your med school experience for the other 20% isn't always the best.

Three small caveats:

1. The 10 year loan forgiveness is assuming the program is still in existence at the time you need it and has the same requirements. Neither of these are a given.

2. Even if same program with same terms is available to us it assumes you do 10 full years. Yes 6 years of surgical residency may qualify but unless you continue to work in public service the next 4 you are SOL. You can’t go out at year 7 and make 600k or whatever!

3. It is my understanding that not all states allow you to claim residency and instate tuition after first year.

Last edited:
Einstein is a really great school. While I think there's a gap between them and others (i.e., T20), I don't think it's seriously significant, and the gap will likely get a lot smaller/non-existent in a few years. I think their match list - everywhere, not just NY (i.e., MGH, BWH, UCLA, Stanford, Yale, JHU, etc. in all types of residencies) - already reflects that.

Their research is great, and their social focus/global health program is great too. The tuition and subsidized housing (especially for NYC) is... well, you know.

It sounds like you might be trying to dissuade others with an acceptance for a shot yourself. Either way, good luck post-interview

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 6 users
Einstein is a really great school. While I think there's a gap between them and others (i.e., T20), I don't think it's seriously significant, and the gap will likely get a lot smaller/non-existent in a few years. I think their match list - everywhere, not just NY (i.e., MGH, BWH, UCLA, Stanford, Yale, JHU, etc. in all types of residencies) - already reflects that.

Their research is great, and their social focus/global health program is great too. The tuition and subsidized housing (especially for NYC) is... well, you know.

It sounds like you might be trying to dissuade others with an acceptance for a shot yourself. Either way, good luck post-interview
Sorry if it came across that way I just thought that everyone would already know how amazing of an institution it was if they got past interviews and received an acceptance. I didn't mean any malice when I made my post just thought I'd mention some potential cons.

Here are some of the things I love the most about the school that I think most people are also aware of too:
1. It's an insane research powerhouse with the oldest MSTP program in the country. It gets some of the most NIH grant funding per PI in the country (number 7 i think?)
2. The patient population is extremely diverse giving you the opportunity to support patients living in food deserts, experiencing the effects of historical and modern marginalization, and other forms of inequity.
3. The extracurriculars are superb with a great free clinic and countless clubs that allow you to do anything ranging from teaching kids about science to supporting patients receiving chemotherapy
4. They seem to be very open towards LGBTQ+ and minority students (again because the school is in a very diverse region) meaning you get to work alongside future colleagues who may be very different than you which is awesome
5. The administration is very open to making changes (in the form of also providing free outside resources when studying for courses and STEP exams)
6. Getting shadowing and research experiences seem to be super easy having talked to some students and faculty. They all really want you to succeed.
7. True P/F with no internal ranking
8. Global health programs that give you the chance to make an actual difference abroad
9. 2 Sub-Is meaning you get the chance to be like a resident even before you start so you're more than prepared when you do match
10. You are super close to Manhattan so if you want to get away you can!

Like I said sorry if it came across like I was trying to dissuade people I just wrote some concerns that I have had when thinking about other schools. I think I was mostly trying to subconsciously dissuade myself when I wrote that so I wouldn't be too upset if I got hit with an R :(

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
Sorry if it came across that way I just thought that everyone would already know how amazing of an institution it was if they got past interviews and received an acceptance. I didn't mean any malice when I made my post just thought I'd mention some potential cons.

Here are some of the things I love the most about the school that I think most people are also aware of too:
1. It's an insane research powerhouse with the oldest MSTP program in the country. It gets some of the most NIH grant funding per PI in the country (number 7 i think?)
2. The patient population is extremely diverse giving you the opportunity to support patients living in food deserts, experiencing the effects of historical and modern marginalization, and other forms of inequity.
3. The extracurriculars are superb with a great free clinic and countless clubs that allow you to do anything ranging from teaching kids about science to supporting patients receiving chemotherapy
4. They seem to be very open towards LGBTQ+ and minority students (again because the school is in a very diverse region) meaning you get to work alongside future colleagues who may be very different than you which is awesome
5. The administration is very open to making changes (in the form of also providing free outside resources when studying for courses and STEP exams)
6. Getting shadowing and research experiences seem to be super easy having talked to some students and faculty. They all really want you to succeed.
8. Global health programs that give you the chance to make an actual difference abroad
9. 2 Sub-Is meaning you get the chance to be like a resident even before you start so you're more than prepared when you do match

Like I said sorry if it came across like I was trying to dissuade people I just wrote some concerns that I have had when thinking about other schools. I think I was mostly trying to subconsciously dissuade myself when I wrote that so I wouldn't be too upset if I got hit with an R :(
I totally get that feeling of not wanting to be disspointed and generally think we should assume the best about each other's intentions instead of the worst. Best of luck everyone!

**This is not a rebuttal to OP, just an avenue to address things prospective students may be considering in making their decision**

1. Sure, but not super relevant to you if you're not applying MSTP as a lot of the better funded labs are not the most clinically relevant or welcoming to medical students. It's also an inflated number because it includes program grants that fund investigators at multiple institutions but the lead PI is at Einstein. The school has also been having trouble retaining some of it's more productive research faculty.
2. Sure, but in practice you're going to just learn that while the school emphasizes these things the health system pays lip service to them and sends all the marginalized patients to city hospitals because the sites we rotate at run on a 0% margin (bonus points if you figure out what they do with ALOC patients).
3. Accurate
4. I'd say one of Einstein's greatest strengths is its support for students' individuality (though there are obviously limits). This extends (though to a lesser extent) to the health system more broadly.
5. Not really. They're making changes now because they very publicly got in trouble. But the people who are in charge of fixing the problems are the same ones who caused them to begin with. "Free" resources have historically been rolled into tuition and fees, so anyone's guess how that will be handled going forward.
6. Fair
7. Accurate
8. Fair
9. This isn't really unique to Einstein. And depending on demand you may be placed on a PA team (read: you see the attending for 30 minutes a day and never work with any residents) or at a hospital without any residents at all.
10. You're not. On a good day, it's at least an hour to get to midtown.

Last edited:

Oh that's no problem - I've heard of people doing that before, which is why I mentioned it might've seemed like that. I didn't think you were meaning significant harm in any case.

Good luck!! Whichever way the cycle ends up (and whichever school you end up at), I hope you have a great time :)

**This is not a rebuttal to OP, just an avenue to address things prospective students may be considering in making their decision**

1. Sure, but not super relevant to you if you're not applying MSTP as a lot of the better funded labs are not the most clinically relevant or welcoming to medical students. It's also an inflated number because it includes program grants that fund investigators at multiple institutions but the lead PI is at Einstein.
2. Sure, but in practice you're going to just learn that while the school emphasizes these things the health system pays lip service to them and sends all the marginalized patients to city hospitals because the sites we rotate at run on a 0% margin (bonus points if you figure out what they do with ALOC patients).
3. Accurate
4. I'd say one of Einstein's greatest strengths is its support for students' individuality (though there are obviously limits). This extends (though to a lesser extent) to the health system more broadly.
5. Not really. They're making changes now because they very publicly got in trouble. "Free" resources have historically been rolled into tuition and fees, so anyone's guess how that will be handled going forward.
6. Fair
7. Accurate
8. Fair
9. This isn't really unique to Einstein. And depending on demand you may be placed on a PA team (read: you see the attending for 30 minutes a day and never work with any residents) or at a hospital without any residents at all.
10. You're not. On a good day, it's at least an hour to get to midtown.
Worded a bit bluntly (sounds like the M3-M4's at other schools I've talked with), but otherwise cons seem similar to the other research schools.

Last edited:
Worded a bit bluntly (sounds like the M3-M4's at other schools I've talked with), but otherwise cons seem similar to the other research schools.

Blunt to be sure (perfectly content to admit there's only so much empathy in the emotional budget at this point).

You will get a strong education here. And while there are many faculty who care tremendously about your education, your success in the face of med ed leadership who are (generously) five years behind the curve is more so in spite of, rather than a result of, the curriculum.

Important as well to consider the actual physical location of the school. While the Bronx is a tremendous place that everyone should experience (to their betterment), there have been at least five instances of Einstein students being mugged/robbed (multiple times at knife point) in the immediate area over the last year.

Blunt to be sure (perfectly content to admit there's only so much empathy in the emotional budget at this point).
I've visited and heard from several friends there over the years. The campus area is nice, and immediate area suburban. They spoke about a few incidents over the past few years, but nothing very serious.

My overall sense of Einstein (as someone who has gotten in) is of pretty systemic disorganization. No one has any idea what is going on - students, faculty, other staff. I personally am concerned about over enrollment (what are they planning to do to accommodate more students than planned - housing, cadavers, etc?)

On paper, Einstein is objectively better than the other school I am considering (no tuition, research I'm interested in, MD/MS option, slightly better ranking) but my gut is saying that the lack of structure and, to quote LCME, strategic plan, will not serve me as a student.

In 10 years, I think this school could be stellar. But right now, I'm just not sure. I don't really care to be the class that starts after a complete overhaul of curriculum, exam style, mentorship, finances, probation-related things. Idk though maybe those things don't matter if my debt is cut in half.

Any current students have thoughts about this assessment?

• Dislike
My overall sense of Einstein (as someone who has gotten in) is of pretty systemic disorganization. No one has any idea what is going on - students, faculty, other staff. I personally am concerned about over enrollment (what are they planning to do to accommodate more students than planned - housing, cadavers, etc?)

On paper, Einstein is objectively better than the other school I am considering (no tuition, research I'm interested in, MD/MS option, slightly better ranking) but my gut is saying that the lack of structure and, to quote LCME, strategic plan, will not serve me as a student.

In 10 years, I think this school could be stellar. But right now, I'm just not sure. I don't really care to be the class that starts after a complete overhaul of curriculum, exam style, mentorship, finances, probation-related things. Idk though maybe those things don't matter if my debt is cut in half.

+1, this is also my fear, I feel like so much is new and in the air. my other options are around the same rank but will leave me with far more debt but are schools I think I would be happier at and succeed more at. at what point is it worth it? would love to hear others thoughts :)

+1, this is also my fear, I feel like so much is new and in the air. my other options are around the same rank but will leave me with far more debt but are schools I think I would be happier at and succeed more at. at what point is it worth it? would love to hear others thoughts :)
Go where you think you’ll do best. Make a pros/cons list. You got time to decide. Free tuition is great, but happiness and where you’ll be comfortable are the most important things imo

Idk, maybe its just me but don't those changes sound for the better? Like all the logistics may not be figured out right away but they'll eventually come. I was already leaning toward Einstein and becoming tuition free kinda put the cherry on top. There's a sentiment that you'll always find happiness at whatever school you choose, but I'm pretty sure you'll be a lot happier as resident who is not in 300k of debt.