2023-2024 Creighton

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
To answer my own previous question, the Friday group session is ~45 students. First approx 30 minutes you meet with Dean and he does ask you all some questions. Next hour is breakout sessions with students (who reassure you they have no say in admissions). Finally you come back for a PowerPoint and info on admitting for about 30 min.
I would try to get the time off work (which I did do). You might be able to sneakily answer a text or something but there's lots of good info, like how update friendly they are.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone who interviewed this week, how was it? Mine is coming up and I am NERVOUS
I thought the whole thing was pretty chill. The two interviews with faculty and student are open-file, so they mostly just asked me questions about my experiences. No curveballs from the faculty member, and the one weird question from the student was more funny than nervewracking so I would say no reason to be nervous. Friday's info session was question-driven and pretty long, which made it lag sometimes. But they were all very kind and transparent about the process so don't worry!

Members don't see this ad :)
I thought the whole thing was pretty chill. The two interviews with faculty and student are open-file, so they mostly just asked me questions about my experiences. No curveballs from the faculty member, and the one weird question from the student was more funny than nervewracking so I would say no reason to be nervous. Friday's info session was question-driven and pretty long, which made it lag sometimes. But they were all very kind and transparent about the process so don't worry!
Awesome thank you so much!

Anyone get an II with less than 125 subscore? Curious how strict they are, seems like they're the last school that cares

• Hmm
OOS II today, LM 71, submitted 7/31. Dates were up until the first week of October

does anyone know what their post II acceptance rate is?
They give you last years numbers during the info session and say they expect it to be similar. These numbers include both campuses but it was approximately 900 students interviewed and 250 accepted last year, if I recall correctly.

For the non-medical volunteer activities session, did anyone of you put down volunteer non-clinical research? I did unpaid cell-based and wet lab research but I'm not sure if that counts. Also did any of you guys put down being a coach of a team you were on?

Members don't see this ad :)
Are the student and faculty interviews on the same zoom link? The interview confirmation email only has one link for me.

OOS II rn! Complete 7/15.

Reactions: 1 users
II! Complete 7/25, uploaded updates/LOInterest 8/30, Jesuit ties

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
OOS II; complete 9/19. II received today 9/25. LM 69.
I'm shocked at how fast they got back to me lol

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
II! Complete 7/25, uploaded update/LOInterest 8/30, Jesuit ties
Congrats! I noticed their update section is very robust... Can I ask, when you say LOI, did you just write a standard letter that encompasses several updates and upload it under that header or did you upload individual items under the subsections? Thanks so much

Congrats! I noticed their update section is very robust... Can I ask, when you say LOI, did you just write a standard letter that encompasses several updates and upload it under that header or did you upload individual items under the subsections? Thanks so much
I did it individually!

Last edited:
To those who interviewed, did they provide stats on how many offers of acceptance they sent out last cycle?

Last edited:
II this afternoon! Complete 9/4, went to a Jesuit undergrad and talked about it in my secondary.

Reactions: 2 users
OOS II; complete 9/19. II received today 9/25. LM 69.
I'm shocked at how fast they got back to me lol
living the dream here! Congrats :) if you don't mind me asking, what do you think made them get back to you so fast? do you have like a crazy amount of service hours?

OOS II received yesterday! submitted 8/3 and LM 75

really nice interviewers that made it feel like they wanted you to succeed

Hello! People that interviewed the week of 9/25, do you remember when the admitted students days that they mentioned were and also what days they said we could expect to hear back?

Sounds like from previous years threads that decisions could be coming out tonight at midnight??

I thought they were coming out on Monday?
Seems like last year Creighton updated portals on the 15th. Technically first day to notify accepted students this year is also the 15th but most schools will just do the 16th cuz it’s a Monday. But I could be wrong haha

It says the same as yours, I guess we’ll see if I’m right at midnight haha. If not I’m sure they’re just doing decisions on Monday then
That might be because last year it was October 15th on a Saturday. So maybe tomorrow we will be getting decisions. Idk tho

I interviewed the week prior, and mine doesn't say that.
Ooh. From previous years threads, if the thank you for interviewing message is gone, that means a decision has been made for you! Hopefully you get the the A.

This message: “Thank you for visiting campus during your interview. We hope you had an enjoyable trip to Omaha and Creighton. Your application is ready for final review from the Committee on Admissions. The final review process usually takes 4-6 weeks. We will contact you immediately when a decision has been made. As always, please feel free to contact the Office of Medical Admissions if you have any questions”

Ooh. From previous years threads, if the thank you for interviewing message is gone, that means a decision has been made for you! Hopefully you get the the A.

This message: “Thank you for visiting campus during your interview. We hope you had an enjoyable trip to Omaha and Creighton. Your application is ready for final review from the Committee on Admissions. The final review process usually takes 4-6 weeks. We will contact you immediately when a decision has been made. As always, please feel free to contact the Office of Medical Admissions if you have any questions”
Oh yeah mine does say that. I interviewed week of 9/25. I remember faculty telling us we’d either get a decision the week of the 16th or the week of the 23rd

There are different tabs at the top like "additional information", "campus safety", etc.
Yeah I don’t have a submitted tab or a campus safety tab. Wonder if that means they made a decision for you and not for me cuz I interviewed a week later. You said you interviewed the week of the 18th right?

Does anyone else have the stuff about submitting final transcripts under the "submitted" tab on the portal?
You only submit an official transcript directly to the school you are certain you will attend.
The school can see your courses for now via your AMCAS application.
If you are still in the process of more interviews, then wait until you are sure of your selection.

It seems like you’ve been accepted, but you never know until you see the A with your own eyes.
Yeah I’d agree with this. Now I’m getting worried that I wasn’t accepted. Hopefully they just haven’t decided on mine yet. All this speculation is killing me🤣

I understand. My point is that under the "submit" tab, there is information below stating:
As a reminder:

Transcripts: It is essential that all accepted applicants arrange for an official transcript from each post-secondary institution previously and/or currently attended to arrive at the Office of Medical Admissions no later than July 15.

If you have earned a degree from an institution, the transcript must reflect that status. If you are currently enrolled in an academic program please submit a transcript to the Office of Medical Admissions after the posting of your final grades/degree, but no later than July 15.

If transcripts are not received by July 15, and you have not contacted the Office of Medical Admissions to obtain an extension, we reserve the right to withdraw your acceptance. Please contact the Office of Medical Admissions at 800-325-4405 or [email protected] if you have any questions about Creighton's transcript policies

Does anyone else have this?
This message has been available to you the whole time since you submitted?