2023-2024 Creighton

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
my volunteer hours aren't saving? anyone else having this problem?

Members don't see this ad.

my volunteer hours aren't saving? anyone else having this problem?
I am :/ I tried entering it again like the other poster but still didn't work for me! Have you found a solution yet?

Edit: Omg I'm stupid I just figured it out... You have to press the green plus sign instead of "save changes"

Members don't see this ad :)
I got a secondary from this school on 7/12 but I completely forgot about it til yesterday.. I just submitted it today (8/21). Did I kill my chances?

I got a secondary from this school on 7/12 but I completely forgot about it til yesterday.. I just submitted it today (8/21). Did I kill my chances?
Everyone asks this but the truth is nobody really knows for sure, and it’s different at each school, but it’s better to submit and shoot your shot than it is not to. I basically did the same thing and I really like this school so here’s to hoping we both get an II!

Reactions: 1 users
Everyone asks this but the truth is nobody really knows for sure, and it’s different at each school, but it’s better to submit and shoot your shot than it is not to. I basically did the same thing and I really like this school so here’s to hoping we both get an II!
I always assumed that the reasoning to get your secondaries in within 2 weeks was to be at the top of the pile. But I've heard that Adcoms don't scrutinize exact dates that you received and submitted your secondaries.

II received as well

Reactions: 3 users
Did people who got an interview portals change?
Yeah I think, when go into the portal, the home page is rather bare and says "You have been invited for an interview. Click to schedule"

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Available interview dates range from 8/28 to 9/8, if anyone was curious

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
Available interview dates range from 8/28 to 9/8, if anyone was curious
Wow, that’s a quick turnaround. Would’ve been nice of them to send IIs earlier if they were planning on starting interviews so soon.

• Hmm
How many service hours does the people that received II have?

Two years ago, I didn't complete my secondary until mid-October and now I'm attending this school. Shoot your shot, king.

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Hey all, I'm looking back and my secondary application and I realized that to the question:
"Have you entered a plea of guilty, a plea of no contest, a plea of nolo contendere, or an Alford plea, or have you received a deferred prosecution or prayer for judgment continued, to a felony and/or misdemeanor? Please note, traffic violations are considered misdemeanors in some jurisdictions," I answered "yes" thinking traffic violations included a speeding ticket. I just explained I had a speeding ticket in quite a frivolous manner, and since looking back, learned that they are not misdemeanors and the way I described them (honestly just paid a fine and I was let off) was too lighthearted in nature. Should I email the adcoms and say that I actually do not have a misdemeanor? How much is this hurting my chances of an II?

OOS II just now, submitted 7/12. LM 72 with about ~200 hr nonclinical volunteering and 200 clinical volunteering. Available dates are 9/11 to 9/22. Hope this helps :)

Reactions: 2 users
II OOS LM 73
First II hits hard as a reapp :')))))))))

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
are you guys trying to push back the interview to prep a little more, or are you trying to do it ASAP

Does anyone know if there is a benefit to choosing the Phoenix vs the Omaha location? I couldn't find much online. I know the curriculum is the same but are there more opportunities for research/volunteering at one place over the other?

II. I just got the email I was complete this morning too.

Reactions: 4 users
II yday, LM 75, complete 08/24, ORM, Non-clinical public health service: 780 hours. Reapp!

Last edited:
Got an II on Tuesday! It was for three separate virtual interviews either next week or the week after.
On Fridays there's a "meet the dean" followed by Q&A with students. It's two hours long. I work full time and will try to sneak away for 30 min intervals but....can anyone tell me about the student Q&A? Is that something I can multitask in if I get an urgent work call or something? Or do I definitely need to find a way to get the day off?

Got an II on Tuesday! It was for three separate virtual interviews either next week or the week after.
On Fridays there's a "meet the dean" followed by Q&A with students. It's two hours long. I work full time and will try to sneak away for 30 min intervals but....can anyone tell me about the student Q&A? Is that something I can multitask in if I get an urgent work call or something? Or do I definitely need to find a way to get the day off?
I have my Q&A tomorrow and can let you know how that goes if nobody else here has done theirs yet

Reactions: 2 users
Congratulations yall. Pull hard on the "service" aspects of medicine in your application and write update letters.

Hello!!!
Can someone kindly tell me about Creighton, AZ vs NE? I have not been in either state, and the curriculum seems the same. But what are the pros and cons of each? Are research opportunities equally abundant at each campus? how is the culture differ? etc

Hello!!!
Can someone kindly tell me about Creighton, AZ vs NE? I have not been in either state, and the curriculum seems the same. But what are the pros and cons of each? Are research opportunities equally abundant at each campus? how is the culture differ? etc
As a CUSOM student, I'll say that the administration makes literally every attempt to make both campuses equally comparable to each other except for their physical location.

There are only two separate virtual interviews, 1 with a faculty, 1 with a student, correct? I wonder why you have three ?