2022-2023 Western University of Health Sciences (Pomona, California)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interviewed 3/7. Email received this morning w/ application update: waitlisted.
Anyone happen to know if they give any information on where we are for their list or how long it is?

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Is there still a differentiation between the alternate list and waitlist?

From previous threads, seems like both lists start moving in April

Interviewed 3/7 but haven't heard back yet, is this a silent R or is there still a chance?

Members don't see this ad :)
I need an honest opinion.
Is interview season pretty much over?

Got II this morning. Seems like were just interviewing for the waitlist at this point

II received yesterday around 7:30 AM. withdrawing my app since it seems this school is filled and i have already been accepted into an MD program. hope it goes to someone needing the chance. the only interview open date is 04/13 fyi

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Declined my II/withdrew. Hope the spot goes to one of you lovely people! The only option I got was April 13.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
interviewed recently and I kind of got not great vibes overall...not sure if I was reading too much into it but it seemed like both the student ambassadors and the faculty who interviewed me didn't want to be there. Anyone else have a different experience? I really want to like this school but I just was not impressed with my interview experience. :(

Members don't see this ad :)
interviewed recently and I kind of got not great vibes overall...not sure if I was reading too much into it but it seemed like both the student ambassadors and the faculty who interviewed me didn't want to be there. Anyone else have a different experience? I really want to like this school but I just was not impressed with my interview experience. :(
sorry to hear that! i dont want to discount your experience but if it makes you feel better about the school, my interviewer and I got along super well. we actually had to cut our conversation short because of the time limit. the student ambassador for my group was actually really down to earth and listed out the pros and cons of the school without trying to sugarcoat the negative aspects, which i really appreciated.

Reactions: 2 users
Due to some unfortunate reasons, I just submitted my secondary application today right before the extended deadline. How low is the chance of receiving those withdrawal II for waitlist at this point 🥺🙏?

Does anyone know if they can see if we accepted a seat at another DO program??

I interviewed recently and they told us the decisions will be out in 2 weeks to be precise, but some people here haven’t heard back for a month. That’s weird?!

Reactions: 1 user
Any tips for the MMI. How did that go for everyone who interviewed?

Any tips for the MMI. How did that go for everyone who interviewed?
can't say too much but the MMI was honestly really easy and not stressful at all. I recommend looking up practice ethical questions from Casper to prep!

can't say too much but the MMI was honestly really easy and not stressful at all. I recommend looking up practice ethical questions from Casper to prep!
Have you heard anything back yet from Western? When did you interview?

My theory is they over offered seats and now they have no choice yet to wait until people drop!! When they drop, we will hear back.

My theory is they over offered seats and now they have no choice yet to wait until people drop!! When they drop, we will hear back.
i dont think they would be recently giving out interviews if this was true. we'll know more this week i think

Reactions: 3 users
i dont think they would be recently giving out interviews if this was true. we'll know more this week i think
I agree. There is historically so much waitlist movement as the people who get accepted earlier in the cycle often end up going elsewhere due to cost or other MD/DO programs. Western has withdrawn from the waitlist and alternate list all the way up to the start of the school year so I wouldn't worry. Waitlist movement will probably begin in the next few weeks but more so May so we should hold tight!

Reactions: 6 users
No interview but another "application still with admissions committee"

What are the vibes on calling the admissions office for getting application update…was notified complete mid March 😭 and still hoping for interview

Marked complete as in you just submitted your secondary recently?
No I had submitted a while before that, but got the complete message couple weeks later (didn’t even realize my app wasn’t complete until that point)

Got an II this morning. Didn't expect to receive it in April tho

II invite today! Turning it down I hope one of you get it!!!

I also got an II today and slots are full?? I emailed admissions to see if its a mistake.

My 3/17 crew what are the odds we hear back tomorrow??

Not sure if you can answer this, but what is the format for patient scenarios's. Are you the doctor? They said you don't need any medical knowledge, but I feel that would be hard to do if you are roleplaying as their physician.