2022-2023 UT Tyler

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If one grew up in an identified region of East Texas about an hour from Tyler....would that be weighed the same?
Nobody can say for certain, but I believe they have emphasized essentially Smith and adjacent counties

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
If one grew up in an identified region of East Texas about an hour from Tyler....would that be weighed the same?
they have the map- if you’re ETX / adjacent it’s seemed to be about the same

Members don't see this ad :)
Prematch call! !! SUPER EXCITED!! Yes I have ETX ties and interviewed 12/13.

• Love
Reactions: 19 users
How do I message privately on here? 😅 I would like to join the group!

Hmm it's kind of hard to know exactly what, but I know my essays and LOR's were strong. I think my interviews went great too. But that's about it haha sorry if that's no help :)
In State ?

Has anyone from the September dates who weren't prematched in the first batch been prematched yet? Putting the call out there for people who haven't posted they were prematched yet :)

Does anyone know if tomorrow’s interviewees will have a chance at prematching? 🤔

Does anyone know if tomorrow’s interviewees will have a chance at prematching? 🤔
I believe they review all applicants after each interview for prematch consideration! So I don't expect them to stop now

Members don't see this ad :)
I believe they review all applicants after each interview for prematch consideration! So I don't expect them to stop now
I hope so! 🙌 It’d be awesome to hear back quickly!

I am very much looking forwards to my re-application meeting with Tyler.

Reactions: 3 users
I am very much looking forwards to my re-application meeting with Tyler.
Honestly I think something that’s important (maybe more important than direct ETX ties) is showcasing your commitment to rural primary care for this school or at the very least showing you have longitudinal healthcare experience in ETX.

Looking back at my application, pretty sure I only received an interview was because they saw I was from ETX and sent an auto invite. But after the interview they probably went back and gave my app a deep dive and could tell I didn't have any rural healthcare experience and minimal primary care. Also I went to college outside the region and all my experiences are in urban settings.

Guess what I'm trying to say is this school seems to be one of the very few that actually looks for mission fit above everything else. I wouldn’t take it as your application not being good enough, but more so they’re really looking for a specific applicant and I respect that.

Reactions: 2 users
Honestly I think something that’s important (maybe more important than direct ETX ties) is showcasing your commitment to rural primary care for this school or at the very least showing you have longitudinal healthcare experience in ETX.

Looking back at my application, pretty sure I only received an interview was because they saw I was from ETX and sent an auto invite. But after the interview they probably went back and gave my app a deep dive and could tell I didn't have any rural healthcare experience and minimal primary care. Also I went to college outside the region and all my experiences are in urban settings.

Guess what I'm trying to say is this school seems to be one of the very few that actually looks for mission fit above everything else. I wouldn’t take it as your application not being good enough, but more so they’re really looking for a specific applicant and I respect that.
Thank you for your words, but the Achilles heel for me was being OSS with ties to TX but not specific to ETX. I just want to see how they will word that....

Pre-II R expected best of luck to y’all waiting :)) and congrats to those who got in!

Pre-II R. That's okay! I understand that Tyler is looking for more rural focused physicians! :)
so glad you got love elsewhere!!! you’ll make a great doc, keep spreading positivity :)

• Love
seems like monday and tuesday will be busy with the rest of prematches! fingers crossed!

from a few people i’ve talked to on campus it sounds like there’s about 10 left.

I can't remember. Does anyone remember how many spots they said they're going to fill with prematches? Or a percentage

Like so many others, I received the pre-II R yesterday! I wasn't all that surprised because I've been periodically checking up on this thread, and it seemed as if most of the IIs had already been given. Disappointed given my ties to ETX, but I'm honestly excited to be getting out of Texas (not excited about the COA at OOS schools either, to be fair) and very grateful to have other acceptances.

As I stated before, my DMs are open for anyone who will be moving to Tyler and wants any general advice on the lay of the land. I'm from a big city, so moving there was an adjustment, and I want to offer any support I can to those of you doing the same!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Good luck to everybody over the next two days! Hopefully we get some good news here

Reactions: 8 users
Anyone else been checking this forum religiously today 😅😭

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
they usually have done calls in the morning/early afternoon so i bet it’ll just be a busy tuesday!

then again there’s like 10 spots left so not all those people may be on SDN