2022-2023 UCLA (Geffen)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Still silence….

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, I got separate emails decisions from PRIME and Geffen
Okay good to know! I assumed my PRIME WL was also for geffen, after you accepted your WL for PRIME, did your portal say it was for class of 2021 or is mine trippen lmao

Reactions: 1 users
Top of the WL today at 6 pm EST. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you! Does anyone know if there is movement past the folks who have been told they’re at the top 🤔
Movement went past "top of WL" for last cycle and the cycle before, but it totally depends on how many students with As decide to matriculate here.

Reactions: 5 users
Movement went past "top of WL" for last cycle and the cycle before, but it totally depends on how many students with As decide to matriculate here.
fwiw like the first 5-10 people that posted abt WL (without top of WL designation) all got in last yr, i'm a reapplicant and remember seeing tons of ppl get in during the first week of May so fingers crossed!

Reactions: 3 users
Okay good to know! I assumed my PRIME WL was also for geffen, after you accepted your WL for PRIME, did your portal say it was for class of 2021 or is mine trippen lmao
Yeah I have two "Admissions Decision" tabs on my portal, and my PRIME one says 2021 entering class lol

I checked my portal and found that I am waitlisted, but I did not receive an email! Check your portal guys there maybe news!

Next to the Interview tab, it popped up an Admission Decision tab, I clicked it, then it allows me to choose accept or decline waitlist

Members don't see this ad :)
So what do we do about other acceptances if UCLA is our top choice and we’re on the waitlist until May (looks like that’s when movement is)?
You hold on to your second choice and when/if you get accepted to UCLA you can then choose them as your medical school.

man feeling not so good about WL :( does anyone know if ucla will take letter of interest or if there's anything to do at this point ??

No waitlist, likely R. I’m starting to think medical schools found out who I was from my SDN.

• Care
+1 WL at 4 PST yesterday. Jan interview. Good luck everyone, fingers crossed!

Last edited:
  • Care
What do you guys think of sending a letter of interest/intent? When ucla said multiple times they don’t consider it

What do you guys think of sending a letter of interest/intent? When ucla said multiple times they don’t consider it
I wouldn't. Only makes you look like you can't follow directions or are too desperate. Only send those to schools that enjoy making students beg lol

Reactions: 2 users
So is there a pattern to this at all..? Like they've sent out their WL wave so now if you haven't heard back it's just R's?

Interested to see if WLs being sent out means no more As until May...

i really don’t understand the pattern that dgsom is sending these decisions out - does that mean if you haven’t heard back you could get a straight A??

i really don’t understand the pattern that dgsom is sending these decisions out - does that mean if you haven’t heard back you could get a straight A??
It was As on Thursdays at 3pm PST or Friday at 10am PST for awhile, but then they sent the WLs on Tuesday. For those who haven't yet heard back, it's probably an R, but there's still a chance for an A, I think, based on previous years threads.

It was As on Thursdays at 3pm PST or Friday at 10am PST for awhile, but then they sent the WLs on Tuesday. For those who haven't yet heard back, it's probably an R, but there's still a chance for an A, I think, based on previous years threads.
I would think there are more WL's coming out since this Tuesday was the first WL wave, no?

BTW, in case anybody in WL was unaware, we probably won't see any movement from the WL until May 1st according to their waitlist procedures that you can check out below.
Also according to their WL procedures, around 50 acceptance offers go out from ~150 WL positions.

+1 to WL from Tuesday 3/7 btw.

Last edited:
Interviewed in September and still radio silence 🙃

I got the call for the DGSOM Impact and Distinction full-ride Scholarship!!! 😭 This is truly one of the most amazing moments ever. I am SO THANKFUL! Looking forward to seeing you all this fall!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
+1 for full tuition!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
Contacted prime-La and they said all As and WLs have gone out 😭 and that Rs should be going out next week. How devastating 😭

I wonder if that’s the end for their scholarship offers
mannn :cryi:. do y'all think so? last year I saw that there were some calls the following Monday. but I might just be delusional

Contacted prime-La and they said all As and WLs have gone out 😭 and that Rs should be going out next week. How devastating 😭
do you happen to know if is this just for prime-LA or DGSOM too?