2022-2023 Noorda College of Osteopathic Medicine (Provo, UT) Noorda-COM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i hope they send more ii soon :/

Reactions: 1 users
I think they do them in batches. From reading this thread a couple weeks ago, it looks like it took people an average of 3 weeks to get a II after video submission. I submitted mine almost 3 weeks ago and haven't heard back.

I received a interview invite a few days after my submission deadline (within the same business week).

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed today! Very casual, they mentioned admissions committee is meeting at the end of the week this week and decisions may be sent out next week!
I interviewed today as well; are you sure they said that? It might not have registered with me when they did

I interviewed today as well; are you sure they said that? It might not have registered with me when they did
it was during the dean Q/A right when he was about to leave, like the very last thing he said before he sent it to the student ambassadors, pretty sure about that (2:30 CST interview time)

Last week. The interview day really shot this school up to the top of my list!
Interviewing in 4 days, (without giving away any specific questions of course) any good advice you can give me? Also, how was the experience overall?

Interviewing in 4 days, (without giving away any specific questions of course) any good advice you can give me? Also, how was the experience overall?
I’m not the individual you replied to but I interviewed yesterday and I would just say to relax and chill, truly be yourself, it was a great experience overall!

I feel like I kind of had a different experience.. I interviewed yesterday and it felt like I was just answering rapid fire questions and my interviewer didn't seem that interested in what I had to say. I know this might be an interview tactic but at the same time we didn't really get to talk about me as a person and when we finished there were still so many things I wanted to talk about. Idk maybe I'm just being neurotic??

Members don't see this ad :)
I’m not the individual you replied to but I interviewed yesterday and I would just say to relax and chill, truly be yourself, it was a great experience overall!
I agree with this!

I feel like I kind of had a different experience.. I interviewed yesterday and it felt like I was just answering rapid fire questions and my interviewer didn't seem that interested in what I had to say. I know this might be an interview tactic but at the same time we didn't really get to talk about me as a person and when we finished there were still so many things I wanted to talk about. Idk maybe I'm just being neurotic??
I also kind of agree with this. I would say to not worry that much about it though. I'm sure you did well enough!

Also for anyone worried about seats filling, my interview day yesterday only had 8 students in there!

Also for anyone worried about seats filling, my interview day yesterday only had 8 students in there!
did they mention when or how often they interview, send out interview invites?
i think they only sent out round of interviews for 2-3 interview dates?

they did not mention anything about how often they send out invites

I think last year they sent out the second batch a month later

Last week. The interview day really shot this school up to the top of my list!
Same, the whole vibe of the interview this Wednesday was phenomenal. I still have my qualms since it is a new school, but their vision seems solid and something I can really get behind. The dean was really fun, interesting, and seemed really passionate about the school and so were the students. Especially the new building that they are almost finished with.

it was during the dean Q/A right when he was about to leave, like the very last thing he said before he sent it to the student ambassadors, pretty sure about that (2:30 CST interview time)
Yup! I remember him mentioning that they meet at the end of the week so notifications will hopefully be sent the following week

It felt slightly this way too. I was asked a lotttt of questions, but even then it felt really laid back and relaxed. I think they actually gave us way too much time because my interviewer got through all of his questions in about 25 minutes and we still had 15 minutes remaining? (Maybe we just covered through everything fast) So I kind of just chit chatted with him shared a couple of laughs and asked questions.

There’s only one time per interview day right? Not multiple?

When did they say y’all would hear back? I interviewed this week so I’m expecting next week

When did they say y’all would hear back? I interviewed this week so I’m expecting next week
Same, they said end of the week they have a review for the applicants, and then hopefully next week starting sending out decisions.

Same, they said end of the week they have a review for the applicants, and then hopefully next week starting sending out decisions.
Hoping next Thursday/Friday good news for us! Were you also in the 2:30 time this Wednesday?

Hopefully this is the week 9/7 and 9/14 interviewers!!

Reactions: 2 users
Haven’t interviewed yet but sending good vibes y’all’s way! We’re all in this together.

Reactions: 4 users
Omg. I just got my 1st interview offer. I can't believe it. I'm so happy!

Reactions: 7 users
Just got my first II from Noorda 🥺 definitely did not think it would happen. Any advice from people who have had their interviews already?

Reactions: 3 users
Just got my first II from Noorda 🥺 definitely did not think it would happen. Any advice from people who have had their interviews already?
Congrats! I interviewed last week and I would just say to relax and chill, truly be yourself, it was a great experience overall!

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats to all who have an II/who have already interviewed! I was wondering if anyone who received an II could share the approach they took to the secondary video? I'm excited to have such an open-ended secondary, but I don't know if I should kind of prep some answers and then use them as jumping-off points or just kind of go for it.

Congrats to all who have an II/who have already interviewed! I was wondering if anyone who received an II could share the approach they took to the secondary video? I'm excited to have such an open-ended secondary, but I don't know if I should kind of prep some answers and then use them as jumping-off points or just kind of go for it.
I sat in my gaming chair and just answered the questions, funnily enough when I was recording it on my laptop a discord notification went off which I kept in my video!

You can do anything you want with it. It can be fun or maybe more simple, like how mine was. You can also either edit or do it in one take if you'd like. I think that there are a variety of different ways you can do it and there isn't just one way to make it successful. Just be yourself! What I really like about this school is that they really want you to be yourself and give you opportunities to do so!

I recorded it at my desk chair and was pretty casual, tbh. My two cats ended up wandering around on my desk and I edited in some cute stickers to make fun of it. I honestly was nervous and the first video I made was me obviously burnt out lol. But when I redid it and just acted like myself. I think they want you to show who you are, just like the prompt says. Good luck!

I sat in my gaming chair and just answered the questions, funnily enough when I was recording it on my laptop a discord notification went off which I kept in my video!
You can do anything you want with it. It can be fun or maybe more simple, like how mine was. You can also either edit or do it in one take if you'd like. I think that there are a variety of different ways you can do it and there isn't just one way to make it successful. Just be yourself! What I really like about this school is that they really want you to be yourself and give you opportunities to do so!
I recorded it at my desk chair and was pretty casual, tbh. My two cats ended up wandering around on my desk and I edited in some cute stickers to make fun of it. I honestly was nervous and the first video I made was me obviously burnt out lol. But when I redid it and just acted like myself. I think they want you to show who you are, just like the prompt says. Good luck!
I appreciate everyone's input! It'll be nice to dial down the neuroticism a little bit with this one. This process has made me so much more neurotic, but I really do have a lot of personal stories and a passion for medicine, so I'm excited to be able to speak to that!

Did anyone who got the II this week get to schedule it for a date prior to December?When I tried to schedule it, the earliest available was Dec 6...

Did anyone who got the II this week get to schedule it for a date prior to December?When I tried to schedule it, the earliest available was Dec 6...
Scheduled mine for Nov 30th and I thought that was a little far out lol. Sheesh.

they had earlier ones. basically you had to get on it asap or else they got taken. mine is early oct.