2022-2023 Noorda College of Osteopathic Medicine (Provo, UT) Noorda-COM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone been having issues with their LORs?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes the lectures are more packed with content and don’t really have any fluff like the typical lecture might. I think they are much easier to focus on then a big lecture. Also there is a quiz every day over the material you learned that day that are always in board style question format! It seems kind of scary because it’s a new style but so far I love it and I wouldn’t be worried at all!
Okay perfect! That definitely helps clarify things a bit thank you! Really like how the questions are board style. How do you guys learn clinical skills? Do you again work with your pod members or are there dedicated times where you learn that stuff?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Okay perfect! That definitely helps clarify things a bit thank you! Really like how the questions are board style. How do you guys learn clinical skills? Do you again work with your pod members or are there dedicated times where you learn that stuff?
There are separate labs for both OMM and clinical stuff. There are certain days and times when those are held so everyone schedules according to what works best for them. However, a lot of the groups do take out time during their pod session to review that stuff. For instance, my pod group usually dedicates the last 30 minutes of pod to review that stuff.

Anyone been having issues with their LORs?
Sort of. I signed off that they met the requirements on Sunday, but its still not checked off. Everything else is checked off though. Today would be the 3rd business day so if its not checked off tomorrow morning, I'll email them.

Would you say the online lectures posted are extremely detailed in the coverage of material? I really like the idea of being able to kind of study on your own and at your own pace, but definitely have some fears considering its medical school and the amount of information needed to remember is a huge amount.

Is there also quizzes/exams for each course that are similar to board style questions?

Thanks again for taking the time to answer, I know you guys are probably incredibly busy!
I think the professors are very good at showing you the information you need, a little extra material to make sense of what you are learning, and steering you away from the details. I feel like in medicine it is very easy to get lost on the weeds (new research, new drugs, new treatments). Everything they present in their lectures and what they ask in their daily quizzes is what you are required to learn for the board exams and they make sure to highlight high yield stuff so that we make sure that we learn it and don't get too far ahead of ourselves.

Daily quizzes are board style questions and you also have access to extra resources where you can get some extra practices if you would like to. Also, everybody helps everybody so there is always a sharing of resources and anki cards

Applied to this school on Aug 17th and got the notification that my app was processing on Aug 18th. Anyone get a secondary in this time frame? Still waiting on mine.

Applied to this school on Aug 17th and got the notification that my app was processing on Aug 18th. Anyone get a secondary in this time frame? Still waiting on mine.
Applied on the 19th, app processing on the 20th, and just got a secondary this morning!

I was also wondering if everyone had to complete their secondaries in one day because the email told me to send everything in by " 11:59 pm Mountain Time". However, there was no exact date specified.

Oh dang! I sent an email, but it's the weekend :(. Very awkward timing. I'll grind out a video today then😭
i'm sure they probably forgot to put the date. they gave a month so i would maybe just try to do it within the next week. don't rush to turn it in today, as it can lead to a poorer quality video compared to taking your time with it and thinking about what to say or include.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did yours also have an unspecified date to send the secondary?
Yeah mine didn’t say a date just 11:59 mountain time. Definitely unreasonable to think they would want it same day. From what I’ve seen everyone says a month from the time they send you the secondary is when it’s due, but will probably be contacting them to clarify.

Another OMS-I here. Feel free to PM me with questions you have.

Anyone else starting to stress for the interview or is it just me

Anyone else starting to stress for the interview or is it just me
No interviews for me yet. I'm very confident you'll do fine. If I can perceive your personality from an online forum, I'm sure you're even more personable face-to-face. For you to have made it this far, they are already impressed so just be authentic and you'll be fine.

No interviews for me yet. I'm very confident you'll do fine. If I can perceive your personality from an online forum, I'm sure you're even more personable face-to-face. For you to have made it this far, they are already impressed so just be authentic and you'll be fine.
Making me cry fr, hoping for nothing but the best for both of us

• Care
Regarding this question on the primary:

If you have any other information you believe is important for the Admissions Committee to consider, please include it here. Do not restate information already in your primary AACOMAS application. If you do not have any additional information to add, you may leave this section blank. Note: Misdemeanor or felony charges not disclosed on AACOMAS due to non-conviction that may show up on a background check should be disclosed here. This includes charges for which you were granted a plea in abeyance. Be sure to include a description of the circumstances that led to the charge(s), disposition details of the charge(s), and your personal reflection of the incident and its implications.

Is this supposed to be a space for "Why Noorda?" or really only to write about any additional changes, such as new grades, etc.? I did finish one summer class since my AACOMAS app was verified so I could add that.

Regarding this question on the primary:

If you have any other information you believe is important for the Admissions Committee to consider, please include it here. Do not restate information already in your primary AACOMAS application. If you do not have any additional information to add, you may leave this section blank. Note: Misdemeanor or felony charges not disclosed on AACOMAS due to non-conviction that may show up on a background check should be disclosed here. This includes charges for which you were granted a plea in abeyance. Be sure to include a description of the circumstances that led to the charge(s), disposition details of the charge(s), and your personal reflection of the incident and its implications.

Is this supposed to be a space for "Why Noorda?" or really only to write about any additional changes, such as new grades, etc.? I did finish one summer class since my AACOMAS app was verified so I could add that.
It is not a space for Why Noorda, I don’t think I put anything here in my primary and I got an II for an interview here next week

It is not a space for Why Noorda, I don’t think I put anything here in my primary and I got an II for an interview here next week
I didn't think so, just wanted to double check! Thanks and congrats on your II!!

• Care
Has anyone noticed on the website that it mentions only private student loans are accepted? Since the school is in pre-accreditation they can’t provide federal student loans. I’m not sure what the process is like for this, would that be something hard to get especially for such a high loan amount? Can any current med students chime in on this?

Thanks!!

Has anyone noticed on the website that it mentions only private student loans are accepted? Since the school is in pre-accreditation they can’t provide federal student loans. I’m not sure what the process is like for this, would that be something hard to get especially for such a high loan amount? Can any current med students chime in on this?

Thanks!!

What I know about private loans is that they tend to have higher interest rates and "hidden" contractual agreements like variability in the interest rate over time and things of that nature. They are not difficult to get, just less favorable for the borrower.

Reactions: 1 users

Thanks!!
They walk you through it once you're accepted. It wasn't hard. :thumbup:

Let us know how the interviews went for the people interviewing today! Sincerely all of us interviewing soon after

Reactions: 5 users

Thanks!!
It's not hard to get! The school helps you out in that regard and everyone was able to secure loans

Reactions: 2 users
So uhhh no one interviewed today huh

• Haha
lol i really hope they send out more ii. seems like they send out ii after like 2-3 months??! based on last years thread. next round wasn't til nov.

lol i really hope they send out more ii. seems like they send out ii after like 2-3 months??! based on last years thread. next round wasn't til nov.
I think based off last years thread they send it after a round of decisions?

No! Don't say that! lol. Guess I'll have to find a hobby other than waiting around for an II then.

The interview went really well! Everyone was super chill and laid back. I honestly think if you do basic interview prep you guys should be fine!

Reactions: 4 users
The interview went really well! Everyone was super chill and laid back. I honestly think if you do basic interview prep you guys should be fine!
Ahhhh this makes me happy to hear!! Interviewing Wednesday. Also did they say when to expect to hear back?

Last edited:
How did the interviews go? Not discussing specifics cause of the NDA just in general feelings
Sorry for not getting to this earlier. I interviewed Wednesday and it felt really laid back. It honestly wasn’t as stressful as I thought it’d be. Everyone involved in the interview day seemed to love the school and they care about the students. I’m sure you’ll do well!

Sorry for not getting to this earlier. I interviewed Wednesday and it felt really laid back. It honestly wasn’t as stressful as I thought it’d be. Everyone involved in the interview day seemed to love the school and they care about the students. I’m sure you’ll do well!
Also did they say when to expect to hear back? Thank you again!!

Last edited:
was it just basic questions like why Noorda, DO etc? Also did they say when to expect to hear back? Thank you again!!
Based off of last year's thread, it will probably take 2-3 weeks

was it just basic questions like why Noorda, DO etc? Also did they say when to expect to hear back? Thank you again!!
As far as questions go, did they not have you sign an NDA for your interview? Maybe they don’t do that anymore, but they did when I interviewed and I’m pretty sure I agreed to not disclose the questions I was asked in the interview.

I think your best bet to finish prepping for questions is Dr. Grey’s interview book the Premed Playbook Guide to the Medical School Interview if you haven’t already. I think it’s pretty comprehensive and will make you think about how to answer questions better.

Best of luck on your interview!

As far as questions go, did they not have you sign an NDA for your interview? Maybe they don’t do that anymore, but they did when I interviewed and I’m pretty sure I agreed to not disclose the questions I was asked in the interview.

I think your best bet to finish prepping for questions is Dr. Grey’s interview book the Premed Playbook Guide to the Medical School Interview if you haven’t already. I think it’s pretty comprehensive and will make you think about how to answer questions better.

Best of luck on your interview!
Thank you!

Those who interviewed last wed , do you think we might hear tomorrow?they said 1 week right?

Good luck to those of us interviewing tomorrow! Hope to see some of you there!

Those who interviewed last wed , do you think we might hear tomorrow?they said 1 week right?
I can tell you from my experience, I heard back after 10 days. But it sounds like my classmates and I all heard back at different times. Sorry if that adds to the stress of not knowing. :rofl:

Submitted my secondary a lot earlier than the specified due date about a week ago. Curious as to if they review them on an incoming basis or if they just wait to collect them all after the due date before making II decisions? Anyone get a II before their secondary due date?

Submitted my secondary a lot earlier than the specified due date about a week ago. Curious as to if they review them on an incoming basis or if they just wait to collect them all after the due date before making II decisions? Anyone get a II before their secondary due date?
I think they do them in batches. From reading this thread a couple weeks ago, it looks like it took people an average of 3 weeks to get a II after video submission. I submitted mine almost 3 weeks ago and haven't heard back.

Last edited:
I think they do them in batches. From reading this thread a couple weeks ago, it looks like it took people an average of 3 weeks to get a II after submission. I submitted mine almost 3 weeks ago and haven't heard back.
Good to know. Thank you!

Interviewed today! Very casual, they mentioned admissions committee is meeting at the end of the week this week and decisions may be sent out next week!

Reactions: 5 users
Interviewed today! Very casual, they mentioned admissions committee is meeting at the end of the week this week and decisions may be sent out next week!
Hoping that all of us get the good news next week!