2022-2023 Burrell College of Osteopathic Medicine (BCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
what about post-interview acceptance rates? really need this one after a few mishaps..
I have not been able to find this anywhere in previous threads lol idk why

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you mind sharing your sources?

Probably not the best source because it's a bit old, but it's the only thing I found from the most recent past year threads

By far, hardest interview I had so far!!

Edit: goodluck to those interviewing this month 👍
Edit: I thought it hard because my interviewers didn’t seem like they were interested at all

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Please look at this link. This does not have the acceptance rate but other stats though

For anyone looking at above comments and stressing, my interview was chill and both of my interviewers were friendly.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got this today:
Seat Decisions & Timeline

We know the big question on your mind is when you can expect to hear about a post-interview decision. The answer: We anticipate delivering decisions, via email, within approximately 3-4 weeks from interview completion. Candidates may either be offered admission, receive a position on the waitlist, or be denied admission at this time.

• Offer: If you are offered admission, the offer email will include a link to access all of the offer documents and your deadline to accept the seat offer and pay the $2,000 seat deposit.
  • Waitlist: If you receive a position on the waitlist, the email will provide detail on what to expect moving forward.
  • Denied: If you are denied admission at this time, our Admissions team is available for advising, but all advising appointments must be conducted after the close of our cycle.

Reactions: 1 user
Is interviewing in December really late :/ like do I have a good shot

Got an email that they are still looking at my application and will let me know. Should I reply to this email? Continue to express my interest?

II today! Complete mid-late July, OOS.

I picked December 9th for my interview since that was the earliest available date. I guess it’s a good idea to email them about being placed on their contact list for an earlier date potentially?

II today! Complete mid-late July, OOS.

I picked December 9th for my interview since that was the earliest available date. I guess it’s a good idea to email them about being placed on their contact list for an earlier date potentially?
congrats! could u share ur stats?

II today.....when I am clicking on any available date in the calendar in December, nothing is getting selected......anyone facing this issue?

Never mind....I figured it out....had to click on the date itself......
The It Crowd Chris Odowd GIF

I have heard some who sent emails and got an earlier date. In my case, they called and advanced the interview. If you really like this school, I suggest reaching out and advancing the II.

Can any current students speak on living in las cruces and any pros/cons of the area.

Reactions: 2 users
Can any current students speak on living in las cruces and any pros/cons of the area.
Not “much” to do here as you would in a big city- but for context, I lived in the suburbs of a kinda big city before coming here.

That said, all the activities I can do here are satisfying for me personally- but I don't like going out all that much.

We have grocery stores here and 3 Walmarts within 10 miles of the school, not much is lacking- except Asian food ingredients.

Here, I hiked 4+ times already, go to the 2-4 bars that exist in Las Cruces, go to a winery (some have dance/karaoke nights too), and I eat at a lesser variety of restaurants, bakeries, and dessert places- I have tried most of them and I go back to the same places sometimes to try different items- I really like food!

They have 2-5 Asian places (1 Chinese, 2 Thai, 2 Japanese/Asian Fusion) that are just decent- not actually “good” (and I am not counting the Asian places that suck balls), 2 decent boba places out of 4 or 5 total, lots of Mexican food choices, one or two Greek/Mediterranean places, and 2-3 “Italian” places, 2-5 white people restaurants (steak or more fancy/expensive places where food is presented nicely and the utensils are arranged in a particular way), and 2-5 brunch places that have good American food with Mexican flair. There are about 2-4 bakeries/donut places too. This is not a comprehensive list- these are just the places I have been or just heard about and will go to soon.

I still have things I have not done that are fun or amusing, like hang out with friends at the only mall in Las Cruces, throw axes at a range (close to BCOM), shoot guns at a range (there is an open range about 10-15 miles from here and a closed pistol range downtown), or take a trip 1-2 hours up north or east for skiing at Ski: Cloudcroft or seeing White Sands.

I also occasionally go south 45 miles to EL Paso for a better variety of food or to simply go clubbing/bar-hopping. The nightlife in El Paso is centered near the major college there in this one part of town called “Cincinnati Entertainment District/Street” aka “Cinci” by the locals. There are 4-10 different bars if that is something you like. El Paso also has a lot more Asian grocery places.

I think that is all. Unless specified, the places I mentioned are within 10 miles of BCOM.

DISCLAIMER: I study a lot- so I have not tried everything here because it is too much of a distraction and I do not want to fail a year.

Las Cruces crimes are mainly people stealing cars (less likely) or breaking into cars and stealing the stuff inside (more likely), this is the highest crime usually reported. But Las Cruces is NOT known for murders/rapes/kidnappings/people stealing internal organs- I think those might be the most concerning stats (if they were high- but they are NOT high and so they are not the real concern in this city). Two students I know seemed to have gotten stuff from their cars jacked this last year or just whole bicycles they left on their balcony.

Reactions: 8 users
Not “much” to do here as you would in a big city- but for context, I lived in the suburbs of a kinda big city before coming here.

That said, all the activities I can do here are satisfying for me personally- but I don't like going out all that much.

We have grocery stores here and 3 Walmarts within 10 miles of the school, not much is lacking- except Asian food ingredients.

Here, I hiked 4+ times already, go to the 2-4 bars that exist in Las Cruces, go to a winery (some have dance/karaoke nights too), and I eat at a lesser variety of restaurants, bakeries, and dessert places- I have tried most of them and I go back to the same places sometimes to try different items- I really like food!

They have 2-5 Asian places (1 Chinese, 2 Thai, 2 Japanese/Asian Fusion) that are just decent- not actually “good” (and I am not counting the Asian places that suck balls), 2 decent boba places out of 4 or 5 total, lots of Mexican food choices, one or two Greek/Mediterranean places, and 2-3 “Italian” places, 2-5 white people restaurants (steak or more fancy/expensive places where food is presented nicely and the utensils are arranged in a particular way), and 2-5 brunch places that have good American food with Mexican flair. There are about 2-4 bakeries/donut places too. This is not a comprehensive list- these are just the places I have been or just heard about and will go to soon.

I still have things I have not done that are fun or amusing, like hang out with friends at the only mall in Las Cruces, throw axes at a range (close to BCOM), shoot guns at a range (there is an open range about 10-15 miles from here and a closed pistol range downtown), or take a trip 1-2 hours up north or east for skiing at Ski: Cloudcroft or seeing White Sands.

I also occasionally go south 45 miles to EL Paso for a better variety of food or to simply go clubbing/bar-hopping. The nightlife in El Paso is centered near the major college there in this one part of town called “Cincinnati Entertainment District/Street” aka “Cinci” by the locals. There are 4-10 different bars if that is something you like. El Paso also has a lot more Asian grocery places.

I think that is all. Unless specified, the places I mentioned are within 10 miles of BCOM.

DISCLAIMER: I study a lot- so I have not tried everything here because it is too much of a distraction and I do not want to fail a year.

Las Cruces crimes are mainly people stealing cars (less likely) or breaking into cars and stealing the stuff inside (more likely), this is the highest crime usually reported. But Las Cruces is NOT known for murders/rapes/kidnappings/people stealing internal organs- I think those might be the most concerning stats (if they were high- but they are NOT high and so they are not the real concern in this city). Two students I know seemed to have gotten stuff from their cars jacked this last year or just whole bicycles they left on their balcony.
Are there good apartments for avoiding the car jacking and have a nice place to study?