2022-2023 Burrell College of Osteopathic Medicine (BCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Earliest date was 10/21 so that's what I'm going with I guess, I'm assuming this school's cycle is a little more delayed than other schools?

Members don't see this ad.

Just received II. October 21 is the earliest available date
OOS. ORM MCAT 51* (Teens), GPA 3.7+

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there an earlier thread with the post-II acceptance rate for BCOM?

Congratulations everyone!! That’s so exciting!!! Hoping I can join you all , just praying I didn’t skipped over though :/

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Congratulations everyone!! That’s so exciting!!! Hoping I can join you all , just praying I didn’t skipped over though :/
You are a cheerful person who would one day cheer your patients. You will get it, bro!

Reactions: 3 users
You are a cheerful person who would one day cheer your patients. You will get it, bro!
Agreed, it's still early in the cycle. Anything can happen and all it takes is one school to pull the trigger and now you're a doctor

Members don't see this ad :)
when were the people with II complete? Also did you do video?

i was just recently complete, so I guess I have a long wait. I did do the video!

II earlier today at 1556 MST. Secondary received Jun 28, submitted July 21 (oof 23 day turnaround). o3.84/s3.81/514. Out of state (Montana), but I have a background in/heavy interest in hispanic healthcare/speak Spanish.

Folks with an II, did you actually receive a “complete” email or just the “supplemental application received” email?

Reactions: 1 user
Folks with an II, did you actually receive a “complete” email or just the “supplemental application received” email?
Just the “supplemental app received” email

Could it be that Burrell is doing II out of order? It seems there’s a big mixture of completion dates. Not purely by stats tbh

OOS II! Complete on 08/10, c3.16/s3.06/4.0 postbacc gpa/512 MCAT, no ties to New Mexico whatsoever :D (no video)

Does Burrell require a LOR from a physician? On their website, it says it does, but ChooseDO says no, and also their COVID-19 policy changed to "preferred" than required but that was for their 2022 cycle.

Could it be that Burrell is doing II out of order? It seems there’s a big mixture of completion dates. Not purely by stats tbh
I think so. Maybe different adcom members got different applications; one member is moving fast while the other is not. I was complete 6/28 and got it recently

Does Burrell require a LOR from a physician? On their website, it says it does, but ChooseDO says no, and also their COVID-19 policy changed to "preferred" than required but that was for their 2022 cycle.
I would give them a call, but my guess would be that it is still preferred because some areas of the country still limit shadowing/volunteering due to COVID-19

Interview Invite 08/23! scheduled for 10/21

I got an II a few days ago and scheduled for 9/9. LM 63, OOS (TX)

Does anyone know if we receive a "complete" e-mail after we send our secondary? I know all my other things like my LORs and MCAT scores are in. Just wanted to double check here since each school is different with their application processing!

Does anyone know if we receive a "complete" e-mail after we send our secondary? I know all my other things like my LORs and MCAT scores are in. Just wanted to double check here since each school is different with their application processing!
I got this email!

"Your Burrell College Supplemental Application has been successfully submitted! We look forward to learning more about you as we thoroughly evaluate your full application.

Please be sure to check your email inboxes regularly for potential follow-up correspondence from your application evaluator (if necessary, to gather missing information) and/or notifications on interview invitation decisions.

We appreciate your diligence and your patience during this extensive evaluation process. If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Admissions by email or phone"

I got this email!

"Your Burrell College Supplemental Application has been successfully submitted! We look forward to learning more about you as we thoroughly evaluate your full application.

Please be sure to check your email inboxes regularly for potential follow-up correspondence from your application evaluator (if necessary, to gather missing information) and/or notifications on interview invitation decisions.

We appreciate your diligence and your patience during this extensive evaluation process. If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Admissions by email or phone"
Oh sweet! Thanks for letting me know! Just got this. It was in my spam folder haha.

Anybody have class profile stats or interview/post-interview numbers for this school? Info seems lacking online.

Honestly, their stats really aren't bad. I'm fairly impressed by ICOMs numbers too. I know people talk a lot of crap about for profit schools, but they seem to be doing a decent job.

Honestly, their stats really aren't bad. I'm fairly impressed by ICOMs numbers too. I know people talk a lot of crap about for profit schools, but they seem to be doing a decent job.
Agreed, for a fairly newer school anyone can achieve what they want if they put in the work. It seems as if the resources provided are solid

Interview moved to Sept. 23 due to being on their calling list. relieved it's earlier but scared I'll probably be the first to interview and don't know what to expect.

Interview moved to Sept. 23 due to being on their calling list. relieved it's earlier but scared I'll probably be the first to interview and don't know what to expect.
Was your original interview cancelled? Our first interview was scheduled to be this Friday 9/9.

I just got the call. I never requested an earlier date. They said the committee wants to do mine next week. I okayed after checking my calendar. Since schools have started giving out "A"s, they must have realized to get the II done early and give "A"s out to start getting the deposit $$.

When did y'all ask to be in the call list? I asked not too long after getting my II and want to interview as soon as I could lol

i interview this friday (9/9)

When did y'all ask to be in the call list? I asked not too long after getting my II and want to interview as soon as I could lol
I never requested it but got the call saying ADCOM would like to interview me early next week.

anyone know if the interview is open or closed file? i saw on the SDN interview feedback that there was not a common census given the data.