2022-2023 Burrell College of Osteopathic Medicine (BCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do you guys know if the 496 MCAT req is a hard cutoff? I got a 495 (and will retake it eventually), but my GPA is 3.67. Is it worth applying?

Members don't see this ad.

Do you guys know if the 496 MCAT req is a hard cutoff? I got a 495 (and will retake it eventually), but my GPA is 3.67. Is it worth applying?
I think it is a hard cutoff but I am not certain. I know of people that were accepted last year with 496 and 497. You can always submit you application now but contact admissions and tell them not to review your application until after you retake the MCAT and get a higher score.

yup same with 3.0.
like if someone did an smp with 4.0 but overall is below 3.0, i know they don't take it. so i assume same is true for mcat.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone receive II?
Did you ever receive a “complete email” after submitting secondary? I only got the secondary submission email when I submitted on 7/5 and haven’t gotten anything since

Did you ever receive a “complete email” after submitting secondary? I only got the secondary submission email when I submitted on 7/5 and haven’t gotten anything since
Nah I think that is the complete email because it says this:

Please be sure to check your email inboxes regularly for potential follow-up correspondence from your application evaluator (if necessary, to gather missing information) and/or notifications on interview invitation decisions.

Reactions: 1 users

Please be sure to check your email inboxes regularly for potential follow-up correspondence from your application evaluator (if necessary, to gather missing information) and/or notifications on interview invitation decisions.
Thanks so much!

i agree, this is the email I got ^^ [mention]GokuZ [/mention]

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone heard anything?
Steve Austin Crickets GIF

basically this

FWIW I already got rejected pre-secondary with a 3.9x gpa and 49x mcat

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow, Burrell must be very late this year. First II was 08/06 last year, and it's almost late August this time around.

Approximately how long did it take you guys to be marked complete? Submitted my secondary 2 weeks ago!

If the school has a small ADCOM team they come up with certain benchmarks based on previous year acceptances to “ screen” applicants .

When do you suppose the interviews will go out? Any guesses?

Seems like it’s higher stats first

II OOS 8/22/22 - 507/3.39/3.78 - Army Veteran

II received today! OOS from CA and reapplicant. sGPA 3.65 and MCAT 510. Secondary submitted 8/10

Anyone know what the post interview acceptance rate is like?

II received 08/22. OOS 50x mcat 3.6x gpa. Earliest I could sign up for was September 29th

II just now, 502 MCAt with 3.8 GPA, more of a good mission fit I think, OOS

Reactions: 2 users