2021-2022 Tennessee

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is there a delay in post-interview notifications this week due to match week?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi! I interviewed at the beginning of December, and my application was placed in a holding category until a final decision has been made. I'm a first-time applicant, and I do not know when I should expect to hear back. I have sent updated grades and information, but I am not sure how much weightage that has. Any advice would be much appreciated!

Members don't see this ad :)
I received my interview invite a couple of days ago. Anyone who has been interviewed care to explain the format? Thanks.

Reactions: 1 user
If anyone gets an II this week please let us know. I think this will be the last week IIs will go out.

how do you know this is the last week
Cause it is so late and they are only interviewing up until April. I would assume that they will schedule the last round of interviews this week, if not maybe next week. This is just my reasoning so I could definitely be wrong.

Anyone from 3/14 interview hear back yet?

Interviewed last week and haven’t heard anything

Interviewed two weeks ago and still haven’t heard back

Members don't see this ad :)
I feel like there hasn't been this much silence (related to acceptance calls) in the entire thread this cycle, surely the class isn't full right?

Last edited:
No, I highly doubt it's full. Maybe the committee hasn't met recently or match day set them back. I bet we will see some As next week

Is there anybody out there still waiting for an II that didn’t get the micro site email? The silence is killing me especially due to the microsite email I got, but continued silence. UT is my dream school, but I’m feeling more pressure to move on my other acceptances with every passing day.

Is there anybody out there still waiting for an II that didn’t get the micro site email? The silence is killing me especially due to the microsite email I got, but continued silence. UT is my dream school, but I’m feeling more pressure to move on my other acceptances with every passing day.
i dont think the micro email meant anything.

Currently there are 101 people in the GroupMe and 89 people in the Facebook group

Currently there are 101 people in the GroupMe and 89 people in the Facebook group
Makes me wonder how many accepted students have no clue about the GroupMe/Facebook… hard to know

I am ready for them to either send out the last IIs or send me my rejection so I can get on with my life haha.

Reactions: 2 users
Has no one heard of an acceptance in the past 2 weeks?

We’re about to have this big storm in memphis and schools have been closing for the day, might affect them getting around to calling acceptances today

Stressing tho because the GroupMe has gone up at least 10-15 people in the past week or 2 :unsure: (I'm now seeing it at 110)

Last edited:
Just got put on post interview hold here. "The Committee on Admissions has not made a final decision and has placed your application in a holding category".

• Care
Maybe they have a few spots left and they want to get through looking at all of the recent interviews before deciding which to offer spots to and which to put on the alternate list

Reactions: 2 users
Maybe they have a few spots left and they want to get through looking at all of the recent interviews before deciding which to offer spots to and which to put on the alternate list
That seems like it would make sense... are the only options post-interview: A, Reject, or Holding category?

I know a handful of M1s that were placed on hold last cycle before eventually being accepted! I was placed on hold 3 weeks ago so I’m feeling the stress too

Is there anyone who has an interview scheduled for April that hasnt happened yet?

If we haven't received an II by now, it is safe to assume a rejection?
According to their website, "Interviews are scheduled beginning in October through the end of March by invitation only." Obviously none of us can be 100% sure, but I would start to prepare for that possibility.

I just got off the phone with them, and they said, "the admissions committee has decided to extend interview invitations until mid-April." So for those of us still out there hoping for an II, there's still a small sliver of hope! Hang in there!

I got an II today although I withdrew a while back.:unsure:

Placed on hold. Hopefully turns into an A :) Interviewed a couple weeks ago.

Last edited:
Whoops... I am on hold. I updated my post. I am not sure of the distinction between the two.
Hold means you're in a waiting category where they'll re-review your application every time they meet as they finish up the end of interview season (I'm assuming so they can give later interviewees a fair chance before offering any acceptances). The waitlist or alternate list is what UTHSC calls it is where people still on the hold list get put, and then they're ranked, then accepted when spots open up!

Also has anyone gotten off the hold list yet?