2021-2022 Nova Southeastern

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is there a big WL movement for this school?
Definitely. The post interview acceptance rate is 51%. With a class size of 50 and the fact they interview roughly 300-400 people per cycle, there is extreme WL movement

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know the turn around time for interviews or does it vary?
I was waitlisted 11 days after the interview, but it seems like that is a quicker turnaround than other people in this thread.

I was waitlisted about 14 days after interview, wonder if the movement on the waitlist will start picking up soon

II today! I got that email a few weeks ago and sent an update. The interview is for late April at this point. I’m OOS as well.

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone know where I could find the match day results?

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone that interviewed in March not heard back yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Received II 3/24. Forgot to post.

Would love to see their Match Day results if anyone knows where to find it.

Has anyone that interviewed in March not heard back yet?
I interviewed on 03/25 and I have not heard anything from them yet. During the interview, they said that they would respond within 2-4 weeks. They actually went on and said that I would probably hear back within 10 days as their admissions committee was "all caught up" at the time of my interview. I'm at the point now where I am starting to question whether to reach out to them or not like ??? Why all the radio silence? Anyone else here in the same boat?

I interviewed on 03/25 and I have not heard anything from them yet. During the interview, they said that they would respond within 2-4 weeks. They actually went on and said that I would probably hear back within 10 days as their admissions committee was "all caught up" at the time of my interview. I'm at the point now where I am starting to question whether to reach out to them or not like ??? Why all the radio silence? Anyone else here in the same boat?
Interviewed over a week before you and I've still gotten nothing as well. Has anyone who interviewed in the month of March heard anything?

kinda disappointed in NSU... sending that email was a low-blow to my already damaged morale. Sent 2 updates following that email and have heard nothing.

If any of you accepted students end up on student-council, please advise them not to send that email out to future applicants.

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
kinda disappointed in NSU... sending that email was a low-blow to my already damaged morale. Sent 2 updates following that email and have heard nothing.

If any of you accepted students end up on student-council, please advise them not to send that email out to future applicants.
sorry to hear.. you didnt get replies to your update emails?

I also sent an update letter on 3/30 and didn't get a reply till 4/11. It seems like communication may be somewhat backlogged?

Same. Interviewed on 03/25. I emailed one of the organizers on Monday, asking if they're sending rejection letters during the cycle - no response. I forwarded the email on Wednesday in case they haven't seen it - no response.

Same. Interviewed on 03/25. I emailed one of the organizers on Monday, asking if they're sending rejection letters during the cycle - no response. I forwarded the email on Wednesday in case they haven't seen it - no response.
I am so confused. I am in the same boat where I have just gotten radio silence after the interview even though it was almost 6 weeks ago. They told us they would be contacting us in 2 weeks time.

Acceptance date is April 30th for a lot of schools, will be a lot of movement around then

I am so confused. I am in the same boat where I have just gotten radio silence after the interview even though it was almost 6 weeks ago. They told us they would be contacting us in 2 weeks time.
On the bright side, it seems like literally none of us have heard. Also in their post-II info packet it sends they do send rejections. Maybe they just interviewed us but realized they might have overfilled the class? Not sure what the delay could be.

I've heard nothing from them since the prank email and I submitted an update. Does that basically mean an R at this point?

I think it's also possible that during the interviews on March 25th they were telling us about financial aid and scholarships so maybe they're determining financial aid and other such factors before sending any acceptances in April. That would be my best guess.

I think it's also possible that during the interviews on March 25th they were telling us about financial aid and scholarships so maybe they're determining financial aid and other such factors before sending any acceptances in April. That would be my best guess.

Did they say anything in particular about financial aid/scholarships?

I know they haven’t posted a match list yet, but a few news sources reported a 100% match with 49 students matching. They had a first class of 53 students though so I was wondering if anyone knows or thinks this is due to attrition or research years/other gap years?

Another thing to keep in mind is that per AAMC traffic rules, they have sent out acceptances to fill their class as of March 15th. The reason most of y’all prob haven’t heard back yet is that they are waiting for those who have As to drop their acceptances for other schools so they can make decisions on the people who haven’t heard back. The problem is people who have acceptances won’t drop them until we get some financial aid offers and see what the cost of attendance will be here

The chatter I heard is (APRIL 22) next Friday is the last day of interviews. They are going to wait for that to be completed before making any further decisions. They will also have a fair idea of how many of those who were offered "A" will truly accept it. Yes, They have sent "A" to quite a few.

Does this apply to financial aid info as well for currently accepted students? Or is it just for acceptances/post-II decisions

Received an A this morning via email - interviewed 3/11

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Is anyone placed on the "Alternate" list? Read from last year's forum that they had 2 lists- Wait for list/ Alternate list. Wondering if they are following the same procedure.
The alternate list was something done later in the cycle where students that were on the waitlist had the option to move there if they were still wanting to be considered.

Got the A as well this morning! My first A! o_O:D
Interviewed 3/25/22, MCAT 515, GPA 3.75

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
assuming with these As (congrats to you all), we are running out of luck for an II.
Happy Hour Reaction GIF

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
assuming with these As (congrats to you all), we are running out of luck for an II.
Happy Hour Reaction GIF
I can’t say for sure since I’m not an adcom, but I think I have the last interview day of the cycle and that II was sent out weeks ago so I think the odds of any more IIs is very small and would only happen if someone drops an interview. I hope I’m wrong though!!!

I can’t say for sure since I’m not an adcom, but I think I have the last interview day of the cycle and that II was sent out weeks ago so I think the odds of any more IIs is very small and would only happen if someone drops an interview. I hope I’m wrong though!!!
Good luck! Bring home the A!

II this morning! Interview is this Friday. There is hope. Sending positive vibes to everyone.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users