2021-2022 Nova Southeastern

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
In last year's thread, they mentioned something about Canvas. Anyone know if the school is doing Canvas this year? Any accepted students able to provide insight about the number of accepted vs current students/administrators on the facebook page right now? Thank you!
The school still uses Canvas, the class isn’t even half full yet

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
The information posted by LuvtoBeADoctor is accurate. I received a PM from some one who just got off the waitlist yesterday. I am not sharing their ID. But they are on SDN.

Hey! I recently (today actually) got accepted to NOVA MD and saw your post about a couple of your friends potentially having rooms available next year and was wondering if you would be able to give me their contact info! Also, do you know if there's some sort of facebook group for people living in the Davie area next year? Thanks so much, I appreciate it.

Reactions: 3 users
If many applicants got the A yesterday, but Canvas wasn't even half full as of this morning, is there a delay between when applicants get the A and when they are added to Canvas?

If many applicants got the A yesterday, but Canvas wasn't even half full as of this morning, is there a delay between when applicants get the A and when they are added to Canvas?
You have to accept and be processed before being added I believe, not everyone who was sent an acceptance will want it

Reactions: 1 user
You have to accept and be processed before being added I believe, not everyone who was sent an acceptance will want it
I believe one has to accept and put down the deposit within a certain time frame ( week or 5 days) and then the admissions office has to process them. I expect at least a 7-14 day window for them to show up in the canvas.

Med5, we would appreciate if you can provide a
Weekly canvas number update for the next 5 weeks. Last year, CTE was maxed out by July 1st

I believe one has to accept and put down the deposit within a certain time frame ( week or 5 days) and then the admissions office has to process them. I expect at least a 7-14 day window for them to show up in the canvas.

Weekly canvas number update for the next 5 weeks. Last year, CTE was maxed out by July 1st
I'm not an accepted applicant, but I would also appreciate it if someone could provide a canvas update:)

Members don't see this ad :)
Can we track the number of applicants who are on the "ACTIVE" waitlist? I mean those of us who sent the "Interest to remain on Waitlist" survey? Please respond to this post to get an idea of the length of this list.

Reactions: 5 users
360 applicants were interviewed. 50 were offered "A". How many were put on the initial waitlist? IF I recall the MSAR profile says 150-200 are on the waitlist. That means about 100-110 were eliminated after II. So how many are still on the "ACTIVE" waitlist.

That the school uses canvas? Or are you asking how many people are listed in the Canvas class? Because we can’t see who’s in the Canvas class anymore, they removed the “People” link.
The latter, thanks!

So, there are only 11 of us from the sdn forum who are on the "ACTIVE" waitlist. That means over 90% of the applicants are not actively using or participating in the SDN forum. Some schools have an active applicant interaction on SDN while NOVA MD is certainly not one among them.
Congrats to those who got in and all the best for the 11 of us. I received PM from few more and have added them to this list.

LuvtoBeADoctor
USFACCEPTME
doctordez
Go2Mars
jr313
wcpremed
Med5
Birdnird
CUatCU2017
wcpremed
floridaman032922

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
There are 35 people in the canvas course. It took me a while to get added to the course, so there is definitely a delay. And people can still drop out that are in the course.

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats, can’t help but be jealous at this point!

• Care
Do any of you accepted people have any other acceptances? Is almost everyone on the one school waitlist hopefully becomes acceptance train?

Last edited:
Do any of you accepted people have any other acceptances? Is almost everyone on the one school waitlist hopefully becomes acceptance train?
A few DOs….my first MD + close to home

Reactions: 2 users

What deposit? My A said nothing about a deposit?!

What deposit? My A said nothing about a deposit?!
Yeah I freaked about this too! There was no deposit for me either. But they gave five days to fill out a form and plan/commit to enroll.

So, there are only 11 of us from the sdn forum who are on the "ACTIVE" waitlist. That means over 90% of the applicants are not actively using or participating in the SDN forum. Some schools have an active applicant interaction on SDN while NOVA MD is certainly not one among them.
Congrats to those who got in and all the best for the 11 of us. I received PM from few more and have added them to this list.

LuvtoBeADoctor
USFACCEPTME
doctordez
Go2Mars
jr313
wcpremed
Med5
Birdnird
CUatCU2017
wcpremed
floridaman032922
I'm still on the active waitlist as well

Looking at the trend we may see new "A"s going out on Thursday/Friday if there are still spots available

Hello! I’m also on the active waitlist for NOVA. Nice to find people going through similar experiences.

I’m an optimist. I am still manifesting that “A”. However, it would be naïve to believe the probability of success for that “A” is high at this point in time.

There are still a couple of spots left. The chances aren’t great for anyone, but you never know! Don’t count yourself out until you get the denial

Reactions: 2 users