2021-2022 Idaho College of Osteopathic Medicine (ICOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
just got a secondary today OOS/OORegion

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
ICOM OMS-I here! If you have any questions about applications, the school, etc, let me know! Happy to help.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Tentative dates for upcoming interviews ? Any ideas ?
I got this message in my email.
"Thank you for letting us know! We are able to see your score and have completed our review of your primary and secondary applications. We will begin our interviews at the end of August, so be sure to keep an eye on your email in case an invitation arrives."

So probably pretty soon here!

I got this message in my email.
"Thank you for letting us know! We are able to see your score and have completed our review of your primary and secondary applications. We will begin our interviews at the end of August, so be sure to keep an eye on your email in case an invitation arrives."

So probably pretty soon here!
Thank you @rowing4fun ! Hopefully, anytime !

Just got this email "Thank you for your continued interest in our program! We have completed the review of your secondary application and your application is being held for interview consideration by our Admissions Committee."

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Got an interview invite !!! So way beyond excited!! Hope you guys are getting them too!

Reactions: 4 users
Instate IL invite as well. Stoked out of my mind, but always nervous tech will crash on the day of my interview.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats ! What's your complete date ?
Thank you! I completed ICOM on 7/23’ish, might of been 7/20. My wife had surgery around that time and I can’t remember if I finished before or after her surgery!

Thank you! I completed ICOM on 7/23’ish, might of been 7/20. My wife had surgery around that time and I can’t remember if I finished before or after her surgery!
Hope this wonderful news helps with your wife's swift recovery !

Hey, guys! Submitted my primary app in the middle of June. 3.8 cum and science GPAs and 506 MCAT (128/123/127/128). Do you think I could call and ask for a secondary? Please advise!

Hey, guys! Submitted my primary app in the middle of June. 3.8 cum and science GPAs and 506 MCAT (128/123/127/128). Do you think I could call and ask for a secondary? Please advise!
Hey! The only reason why they might be reticent is your CARS score. They like to have scores above 125 but your GPA should make up for that. I'd maybe send an interested email and see if you can't contact Ellie!

Congrats to everyone getting Interviews! Let me know if you all have any questions and I can answer when free!

I got the complete email YESTERDAY, and the pre-II hold email TODAY. Don't think I've EVER seen an update so fast haha hoping its a good thing lol im shocked.

Last edited:
Hey! The only reason why they might be reticent is your CARS score. They like to have scores above 125 but your GPA should make up for that. I'd maybe send an interested email and see if you can't contact Ellie!
Awesome, thank you for the heads up!

Completed-7/17. 3.82 Cumulative and science GPA. MCAT-507. No II yet

Last edited by a moderator:
Instate IL invite as well. Stoked out of my mind, but always nervous tech will crash on the day of my interview.
Happened to me. 0 empathy on my interviewers end. Make sure it doesn’t happen. Best of luck.

Yeah.. your interviewers probably had social skills. Mine did not.
And am I bitter? Yeah.
I got in to a school higher on my list but still— I was very disgruntled about that experience. I felt it was very unprofessional on their end. Felt good to tell them no when I got off their waitlist.

Just got an email that my app is being held for interview consideration

Hey, I toured the campus this week and it was a very nice place and I enjoyed Boise a lot. My app is currently being held for interview consideration, really hoping for that interview!

I got the complete email YESTERDAY, and the pre-II hold email TODAY. Don't think I've EVER seen an update so fast haha hoping its a good thing lol im shocked.
how long between when you submitted the secondary and when you received the email you we’re complete?

Congratulations to those who have received interview invites! I’ll also be around to answer questions as much as I possibly can (we have a midterm tomorrow so… 💀) Hopefully I’ll get to see and “meet” some of you while on the student panel!

Congratulations to those who have received interview invites! I’ll also be around to answer questions as much as I possibly can (we have a midterm tomorrow so… 💀) Hopefully I’ll get to see and “meet” some of you while on the student panel!
We first years don’t 😂

hey guys! i was wondering if yall thought it was too late to submit an initial application through AACOMAS right now. any advice helps!

hey guys! i was wondering if yall thought it was too late to submit an initial application through AACOMAS right now. any advice helps!
I literally applied to ICOM in February and now I’m an OMS-1 here, so definitely submit! Loving it so far!

Got an II! I'm so excited guys, it's my first one!! Current students if you can give any advice to this nervous chick I'd be super appreciative :)

Ah I'm so happy! Good luck to all applicants! We're in this together!!

Reactions: 5 users
Got an II! I'm so excited guys, it's my first one!! Current students if you can give any advice to this nervous chick I'd be super appreciative :)

Ahh congrats!! You got this!! Do you mind sharing your stats :)

Congrats ! IS or OOS ? Stats please

Congratulations! I think the only advice you honestly need is just to be yourself. Back when I was interviewing for schools, ICOM was the most relaxed and inviting place to interview at (I interviewed in person.) Don’t be nervous! You’ll be great!

Congrats! I am hoping for one too from ICOM too. Excited for you!

Congratulations! I think the only advice you honestly need is just to be yourself. Back when I was interviewing for schools, ICOM was the most relaxed and inviting place to interview at (I interviewed in person.) Don’t be nervous! You’ll be great!

Thank you I really appreciate this! (Also I love for profile pic lol I’m the same way)

Thank you I really appreciate this! (Also I love for profile pic lol I’m the same way)
To add to this, if you're enthusiastic (and this is for all schools, not just ICOM) it will come across regardless of the school and regardless of how much preparation you do (mock or not). I dont recommend mock interviewing but enthusiasm is always a plus.