2021-2022 Geisinger Commonwealth

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I think they tend to come out on Tuesdays rather than Fridays, so I was assuming we might hear on the 18th
it might even come out on the week of the 24th. AHHHHHH

Members don't see this ad.

Ugh. The tension. I can't handle it. This is my best shot school.

Reactions: 1 user
A right now. interviewed 11/22/21
LM 76 OOS

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
deferred - interviewed 11/22/21. Do any of you know the post deferral acceptance rate?

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone have a lovely story of a post deferral acceptance? I need something to keep my spirits up.

Just got the A!! The text of the acceptance was personalized too 😭

Reactions: 3 users
Just got the A as well. The personalized letter was a nice touch. Will be deferring my acceptance, good luck to those waiting

Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone have a lovely story of a post deferral acceptance? I need something to keep my spirits up.
I was deferred on October 15th and was just accepted this morning. It's definitely possible!

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone accepted today get a call? I just got an email and portal change.

Is there a GroupMe or Facebook group for accepted students?

• Hmm
For those who got deferred accepted, were you accepted after sending in updates or letters of intent/interest? or just accepted

For anyone that's ever been on an adcom before, or may have some secondhand information, is a deferral like this indicative of simply running out of time during the meeting and not being able to give every applicant the same time? Or is this indicative of a deadlock when voting?

Do people get rejected post-II at Geisinger? Ive only seen deferred and acceptated so far.

• Hmm
Are there any current students who would be willing to answer a few questions I had about the school and Scranton?

For those who interviewed for the Abigail Geisinger Program, do you have any idea when we are going to hear back?

Anyone with pre II hold receive an interview invite or rejection yet? Was placed on hold back in October...

Anyone with pre II hold receive an interview invite or rejection yet? Was placed on hold back in October...
I would also like to know this. I've already sent my updates and now I'm waiting. I'm feeling this is going to be an R tbh

Are there any current students in this thread that would be willing to answer a few questions?:unsure::)

Anyone who attended one of the Abigail Geisinger Scholars interviews able to speak to what the schedule is like? Got invited for one and was hoping to clear schedule at work in advance.

Anyone who attended one of the Abigail Geisinger Scholars interviews able to speak to what the schedule is like? Got invited for one and was hoping to clear schedule at work in advance.
I had my info session from 12-1pm and then my interview from 3-3:30pm. I don't remember much about that day tbh, but I think people probably had various time slots for the interview sessions and mine just happened to be 3pm.

I had my info session from 12-1pm and then my interview from 3-3:30pm. I don't remember much about that day tbh, but I think people probably had various time slots for the interview sessions and mine just happened to be 3pm.

Gotcha, appreciate it! Was told that would get more details but was wondering if it was a straight interview or that and an info session

Gotcha, appreciate it! Was told that would get more details but was wondering if it was a straight interview or that and an info session
Sure no problem. I'm not sure when your interview is, but I got the agenda about 2 weeks in advance. (Then received my result about a week after the interview). Best of luck!

Sure no problem. I'm not sure when your interview is, but I got the agenda about 2 weeks in advance. (Then received my result about a week after the interview). Best of luck!
did they call or email?

Received an acceptance to the Abigail Geisinger Scholars program yesterday. Interviewed 1/17 for the program.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 7 users
Pre-II R just now. Never took SJT so not a surprise. Good luck guys.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Is Geisinger's learning style lecture-based or PBL?
It is more PBL. They just updated their curriculum and said that they will give lecture recordings for the week ahead of time, and give the Monday before the week off to listen to them, and then the "classes" during the week will be active learning activities to reinforce concepts. Personally, that is a far better use of "in-person" time. They did assure us they will make sure that the volume of lecture content is more than manageable so we aren't overloaded.

Reactions: 1 users
II received after being on hold for awhile. Going to withdraw my app, hope the II goes to one of you guys! Best of luck!!!!!!

Has anyone on 12/6 received a decision of any kind yet? I see nothing in my portal, but did anyone receive a letter in the mail?

Has anyone on 12/6 received a decision of any kind yet? I see nothing in my portal, but did anyone receive a letter in the mail?
I interviewed that same day, got a decision email and portal change on 1/17

I interviewed that same day, got a decision email and portal change on 1/17
Dang. Well I guess I'm late on this, but got an R through a letter in the mail. Nothing's changed in my portal though

• Care