2008-2009 Wake Forest University Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to Wake for undergrad but it does not look like I will get in to the med school this year. I own a 3 bedroom, 2.5 bath town home 1/2 mile from the undergrad campus. If anyone is interested in purchasing a place for the four years of med school (low price due to this fabulous economy), feel free to PM me.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,

Has anyone been accepted from the waitlist recently?

When I interviewed at WF the M1s kept reiterating that being on the waitlist isn't a bad thing (2 of the 3 students we met with were accepted from the waitlist last year).

Do any of you have any further insights/stories on the waitlist process? Should we expect some movement at the end of this month?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think most movement will come once financial aid packages are sent out and around the May 15th deadline when people with multiple acceptances have to make a decision.

Members don't see this ad :)
Will they tell you where you are on the list? I just want to know if I should keep holding on or go with what I've got for moving purposes.

Will they tell you where you are on the list? I just want to know if I should keep holding on or go with what I've got for moving purposes.

I don't think they will tell you where you stand, as the alternate list is unranked. As I understand it (and someone correct me if I am wrong), the ADCOM reviews applicants at every meeting. So essentially if they don't pick (i.e. accept) you at one meeting, you'll automatically be considered at the next meeting. This can happen again and again until either you are accepted or until school starts, in which case they should notify you of your rejection.

I think it is May 1st.

I think it is May 1st as well. This is from an acceptance letter:

"To reserve your place, a $100.00 holding place fee to be credited towards your first-year's tuition is required. This fee is refundable until May 1, 2009."

Just got a post-secondary pre-interview rejection today...but can someone tell me what "Although your application was in an interview category" means? Does everyone post-secondary get placed in an interview category? How many categories are there? :confused: Sorry if this was answered earlier in this huge thread; I haven't been keeping up with the news.

Just got a post-secondary pre-interview rejection today...but can someone tell me what "Although your application was in an interview category" means? Does everyone post-secondary get placed in an interview category? How many categories are there? :confused: Sorry if this was answered earlier in this huge thread; I haven't been keeping up with the news.

Its a preinterview waitlist.

I believe there were 3 post secondary categories, 1) High Priority Interview, 2) Interview, and 3) Non Interview. I speculate that they interview everyone in the first group and then interview those in the second group as needed. So it looks like they where interested in your application, but completed interviews before getting to you:(.

Does anyone know when the admissions committee meets again? Is there a calendar on their website or something? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
No idea. You'd probably have to call and find out.

Nope, not yet. Anyone want to call to find out when they will be mailed out?
It's possible that they are not doing financial aid this year. Would you like to decline your acceptance now? Remember, anything is possible...

I'm stressing just alittle about this whole situation. We only have until the end of April to make a decision, and I still need to get financial aid information from my other schools so I can make a half-decent decision. And now, these award letters may be later?!

Lol, someone really want wake, huh?
Yes, you could say that. After the icy-cold rejections from ECU and UNC it is my last chance to be close to home.
But in all honesty I hope they get your letters out soon so people can make an informed decision.

I'm stressing just alittle about this whole situation. We only have until the end of April to make a decision, and I still need to get financial aid information from my other schools so I can make a half-decent decision. And now, these award letters may be later?!

Do you have any idea of when it will arrive except for what was mentioned in the previous post?

From what I've read, we're supposed to have them in our hands by April 15th, but it's a little worrisome if no one has received one yet. Granted, not every WFU acceptee is on SDN, but surely someone here would have chimed in if he had received it.

I had shot them an email near the beginning of the month, and they replied by saying they're working as hard as possible to get the award letters to us by April 15th, but I have to wonder because they said it in that particular way, rather than saying "Don't worry about it at all. You'll get it on time." We'll see...

Hi Ya'll,

I talked to Ms. Stevens in the Financial Aid office, and she told me that the letters are being mailed out today. I guess this means that we should be receiving our financial aid packages in the next couple of days, depending on where you live. Good luck to everyone still trying to make a decision or waiting to hear!

I received my financial aid packet on Saturday the 11th, and I live in CA. I'm sure some others have been sent their packages as well -- maybe they are sending them in waves. Hang in there, and good luck to everyone who is waiting!

Hi Ya'll,

I talked to Ms. Stevens in the Financial Aid office, and she told me that the letters are being mailed out today. I guess this means that we should be receiving our financial aid packages in the next couple of days, depending on where you live. Good luck to everyone still trying to make a decision or waiting to hear!

:wtf::rofl:So she answered the phone for you????....

EDIT: Let me stop before she revokes my financial aid...I had to laugh at myself when I read your post though.

EDIT: Let me stop before she revokes my financial aid...I had to laugh at myself when I read your post though.

Did you already receive your package also?

I received my financial aid packet on Saturday the 11th, and I live in CA. I'm sure some others have been sent their packages as well -- maybe they are sending them in waves. Hang in there, and good luck to everyone who is waiting!

Do you mind telling us when you submitted your fin aid application? I'm curious as to why you received it prior to most other people. Did they send out packages to those people who received a lot of aid first?

Hey there,

I agree with the idea of regional sending--I also got mine on Saturday and live on the west coast.

And for what it's worth, I got all loans----federal and Grad Plus--so I don't think that early sending means a better package..

Haha...trust me, I was VERY persistent! :)

Hey there,

I agree with the idea of regional sending--I also got mine on Saturday and live on the west coast.

And for what it's worth, I got all loans----federal and Grad Plus--so I don't think that early sending means a better package..

Same here!! Maybe our packages were the easiest (no extra aid to deal with), so they were sent out first.

As for when I submitted, I completed everything in mid-February.

Hey there,

i was wondering what the tuition for wake forest is for next year? i'm guessing its about $37,000-$40,000/yr? thank you.

i was wondering what the tuition for wake forest is for next year? i'm guessing its about $37,000-$40,000/yr? thank you.

I second that, for those that have received their financial aid package, what is the tuition for next year?

Has anyone else received their financial aid package yet?

Tuition next year is $39,346.

:D

I'm curious that if Wake's deadline for accepted students to decide is May 1st, then the waitlist should start moving then as well? That would be nice.

so waitlist movement wont start till early may?

Yea... if you go back in previous years waitlist movement usually starts the first week of May when people withdraw in order to get back their deposit.

So I got my FA packet- 60K in loans. I guess they hand out the scholarships and stuff along with the FA packets? Or is this just a stupid question?

So I got my FA packet- 60K in loans. I guess they hand out the scholarships and stuff along with the FA packets? Or is this just a stupid question?

I thought ur going to UNC chubbs?

I called, and a woman said they sent my letter Monday so I should get it tomorrow or Saturday. I'm in Arkansas so I guess the mail takes about 4-5 days to arrive here so guestimate how long it will take for yourselves.

Anybody else on here not receive a financial aid package yet?

I haven't received mine yet. I'm going to give it a couple of more days and then I'll call. Have you tried calling yet to find out about the status of your package? Also, if you don't mind me asking, in which state do you live?

I haven't received mine yet. I'm going to give it a couple of more days and then I'll call. Have you tried calling yet to find out about the status of your package? Also, if you don't mind me asking, in which state do you live?

I called on 4-17-09 and the woman in the financial aid office said a "bunch" of financial aid packages were mailed on the 15th. I live about 6-7 hrs drive from WFUSM so I assume that my FA package should have arrived already if it were sent on the 15th. I am going to give them a call on Monday and ask about my FA package specifically.

Status
Not open for further replies.