2023-2024 Wake Forest

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do we have any idea how many people are actually on the WL? Its nice knowing they'll pull X amount of people off the list, but sucks not knowing if the list is 50 people or 500.

Members don't see this ad.

if you send letter of intent, you are a priority to WF. The WL could be a million people, but those who send letters of intent will be first choice according to someone I spoke with from admissions

Reactions: 1 user
if you send letter of intent, you are a priority to WF. The WL could be a million people, but those who send letters of intent will be first choice according to someone I spoke with from admissions
In that case I really hope the letter of intent I sent directly following being put on the WL holds some weight 🤞

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there a specific area for this on the application? I submitted a letter of interest immediately after being placed on the WL in October, but am wondering if I should replace that with a letter of intent.

You don’t to replace anything necessarily but you can just upload it to the portal if you’d like

Does anyone know if Wake provides any free tech/other study resources? (UWorld etc.)
Sketchy x3 years, Pathoma x2 years, USMLE-Rx x2 years, Boards and Beyond x2 years, UWorld x6 months for USMLE Step 1 (& 4 free practice exams that are usually $60 each), UWorld x18 months for USMLE Step 2, and a practice shelf exam for each clerkship during M3 (usually $20 each). They refund you for your registration fees for Step 1 and Step 2.

Reactions: 4 users
There was movement every Wednesday last May, but the first Wednesday of May (yesterday) has passed. Do you guys think they’ll keep that trend this year and start next Wednesday (since it might’ve been too soon as yesterday was May 1–only one day from the PTE deadline)?

Reactions: 1 users
Communication from this school has been really poor post-WL. Basically every school though

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got accepted from the waitlist 20 min ago! So grateful being a reapplicant

• Wow
Reactions: 7 users
does anyone know how many spots they may have left to give, or can anyone give insight on how many people are currently in the accepted students groupchat?

There was movement every Wednesday last May, but the first Wednesday of May (yesterday) has passed. Do you guys think they’ll keep that trend this year and start next Wednesday (since it might’ve been too soon as yesterday was May 1–only one day from the PTE deadline)?
So far, the only acceptances on here were given on Fridays. Maybe that's when we'll expect to hear back?

Hoping there's another wave of A's off the waitlist tomorrow. Good luck to everyone still waiting!

Reactions: 2 users
Looks like no movement today either? Facebook group is at 158 people so they might be almost full or maybe they also extended their PTE deadline so everything is at a standstill right now

Looks like no movement today either? Facebook group is at 158 people so they might be almost full or maybe they also extended their PTE deadline so everything is at a standstill right now
i just found out I got an acceptance tonight at 5:30! (OOS)

Just got the A from the WL, OOS, 5:30 pm. —- Anyone know what the matriculation deposit is? Can’t find any information on this

OOS A from waitlist. Does anyone know how to join the accepted student group me or facebook?

Have you gotten any answers on this? I found a facebook group but I've been left on requested since Friday night.
They take a couple days to accept into the FB group but it should happen soon

Congrats to everyone getting in off the waitlist! Do we think the next round of acceptances will come out this Friday on 5/17?

IS A from WL 5:30pm on 5/10. When do we expect to get the financial info?
I got an email today that said, it would be sent out after they give us our credentials for their WFSOM system. Hopefully by the end of the week. The other email said first day of classes was July 11 which I found so surprising.

I got an email today that said, it would be sent out after they give us our credentials for their WFSOM system. Hopefully by the end of the week. The other email said first day of classes was July 11 which I found so surprising.

They do orientation for like 3 weeks I believe

Congrats to everyone getting in off the waitlist! Do we think the next round of acceptances will come out this Friday on 5/17?
We may not see many more pulled off WL judging by past years and the amount of people in the GroupMe

Spoke with admissions today and they made it seem like there may still be more acceptances to come

Reactions: 3 users
Did they give any specifics? Should we expect them to continue coming on Fridays?
No, just that they expect to pull through mid-June, although judging past years it seems to taper off after the first few weeks

No, just that they expect to pull through mid-June, although judging past years it seems to taper off after the first few weeks
They’ll keep on going for the next month or so as you said. Wake’s a great school, but it’s so expensive so people will be turning down As for other schools. They’ll keep on going for a few more weeks, but the waves will definitely get smaller and smaller. This standard for every school so don’t lose hope if you don’t get an A in first few weeks of May

Do you have to accept the offer prior to getting financial aid info?

Do you have to accept the offer prior to getting financial aid info?
I accepted the offer on Monday and still haven’t got any finaid info or my log in stuff so i have no idea what their plan is