2023-2024 Wake Forest

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Pre-II R just now

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS Pre II R (I think, but I ain’t checking my portal).

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
For those attending the second look, did everyone get the invite to the URM event? I wouldn’t consider myself URM (other than maybe economically) but I received an invite to this event…

For those attending the second look, did everyone get the invite to the URM event? I wouldn’t consider myself URM (other than maybe economically) but I received an invite to this event…
Yeah I got it and I'm not a URM so I think it probably got sent out to everyone.

Is the second look event for WL students?

Hey y'all, is there a groupme for accepted students? I can't seem to find one.

Has there been any movement recently?

Last edited:
One of the emails said dress for Friday is casual and Saturday is business casual!

probably should have thought of this sooner how casual is casual? i brought ripped jeans for personal time and now realizing it’s that or my business slacks for the casual thing today …

• Haha
For those who attended second look day, what were your impressions? I personally feel slightly less likely to matriculate here after the event but was curious of others' thoughts.

For those who attended second look day, what were your impressions? I personally feel slightly less likely to matriculate here after the event but was curious of others' thoughts.
Overall, I thought it was pretty good. The people there, especially the students, were very nice. However, the school was smaller than I expected. How about you? What did you not like about it? :1geek:

Overall, I thought it was pretty good. The people there, especially the students, were very nice. However, the school was smaller than I expected. How about you? What did you not like about it? :1geek:
Definitely agree with the fact that everyone was super nice and welcoming! Overall I'd say it was pretty good as well, but I was surprised by the seemingly repetitive sentiment that the students are "drowning in work" or "have little free time". Not to say I'd expect med school to be easy by any means but the vibe felt more neurotic and stressful than another school I've been comparing it to. Would you say you got that vibe too or what did you think?
Besides that I felt like Winston-Salem was much smaller than I expected, but of course that has nothing to do with Wake themselves.

I didn’t get that vibe at all, everyone i spoke to even those students who werent presenting and just speaking candidly seemed to feel that while med school is hard anywhere WF was very supportive with all the auxillary staff like coaches n stuff. They also said there wasn’t much of a toxic gunner culture which they chalked up to the unranked P/F. Overall i was impressed and i was on the lookout for red flags

I arrived early on Friday and was lucky enough to get a mini tour of the school by one of the students. My understanding, from this limited tour, is that there is one main lecture classroom in the building. The room honestly was kind of small, which was shocking because like half the building was used as study rooms. There are a decent amount of simulation and clinical practice rooms.

Definitely agree with the fact that everyone was super nice and welcoming! Overall I'd say it was pretty good as well, but I was surprised by the seemingly repetitive sentiment that the students are "drowning in work" or "have little free time". Not to say I'd expect med school to be easy by any means but the vibe felt more neurotic and stressful than another school I've been comparing it to. Would you say you got that vibe too or what did you think?
Besides that I felt like Winston-Salem was much smaller than I expected, but of course that has nothing to do with Wake themselves.
Yeah, I agree with you. Winston-Salem definitely did not feel like a city with a population of a quarter million people. Overall, I like the school, but I do think, physically, it is a little outdated, but the affiliated residencies and potential research opportunities are superb.

Received Dean's Medical Excellence Scholarship ~2 weeks ago for those who may be waiting for merit-based aid. I assume it will be offered to other students if recipients choose a different school.

Received Dean's Medical Excellence Scholarship ~2 weeks ago for those who may be waiting for merit-based aid. I assume it will be offered to other students if recipients choose a different school.
they said they weren't sending out aid until April 16th so good for you! is that a full scholarship? also do you mind sharing stats?

Anyone know when we might expect WL movement?

Reactions: 1 users
AMCAS Choose your Medical School Tool Plan to Enroll deadlines seem to when most WL movement happens in past years.
very late April/early May.

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if Wake provides any free tech/other study resources? (UWorld etc.)

Surprised that there has not been any WL movement yet since the previous years have had movement in Feb and March
Same here! Hoping for movement after April 15th. I've been monitoring this thread daily just waiting:lol:

Same here! Hoping for movement after April 15th. I've been monitoring this thread daily just waiting:lol:
Me too, I was WL back in Feb and this by far my 1st choice

Do we think any WL movement will happen before the April 30th CTE deadline? I'm worried that with the FAFSA delays, we won't find out until mid-May.

Do we think any WL movement will happen before the April 30th CTE deadline? I'm worried that with the FAFSA delays, we won't find out until mid-May.
Last year it seems like WL movement didn’t start until May, and notifications went out every Wednesday