2023-2024 Wayne State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS II 09/23! ORM, no ties, LM 70, complete 08/05

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS II received yesterday! Complete 7/24. So excited :)

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
IS II on 9/23. Complete 7/22

Attachments

• MSNQAIIAR2GHA.jpg
    MSNQAIIAR2GHA.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 137
OOP II (Canadian) on 9/23. Complete 08/24. Any other Canadians looking to prep together?

Might be a dumb question, but what is "LM"? I'm a Canadian applying for the first time, thanks in advance for the help!

Might be a dumb question, but what is "LM"? I'm a Canadian applying for the first time, thanks in advance for the help!
Definitely not a dumb question! LM is LizzyM score. It’s a score calculated based on MCAT and GPA to give an easy estimate of peoples’ stats. If you look up LizzyM calculator, the first SDN link should lead you there!

Definitely not a dumb question! LM is LizzyM score. It’s a score calculated based on MCAT and GPA to give an easy estimate of peoples’ stats. If you look up LizzyM calculator, the first SDN link should lead you there!
that's so helpful thank you!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone have interview tips?
I found a ton of MMI questions online and common interview questions. I had friends and family ask me questions over a period of a few weeks before my interview. I also recorded myself answering questions and tried to reduce “ums” and other filler words.

To be clear I haven’t had an II from this school yet, but I do have an acceptance from the school I interviewed at, so I feel like my interview prep helped. Good luck! You’ve got this!

Anyone know how many admission offers are given (or the post-II rate)?

Did some digging around, and found this from last cycle towards the end:
1695829402446.png

Seems like a ~50% post-II rate.

Reactions: 9 users
Seems like interview invites are overwhelmingly OOS right now? Is that a historic trend with Wayne State.

They're only interviewing 1,400 this year? This is 100 less than last year.

• Hmm
I mean it also depends on OOS or IS acceptance rates. We just know they give those interviews but we don't know if its OOS or IS.

I mean it also depends on OOS or IS acceptance rates. We just know they give those interviews but we don't know if its OOS or IS.
IS in 2021: 369 admission offers from 612 IIs.
OOS in 2021: 353 admission offers from 572 IIs.

The acceptance rates between OOS and IS used to be pretty similar, so they were likely the same last year too.

Should I be worried I haven’t heard anything yet - complete late July?

Should I be worried I haven’t heard anything yet - complete late July?
they only just sent out the first rounds of interview invites this weekend. I wouldn't worry too much. Per their website, theres 900 spots still available for interview

Anyone interview on Friday that has any insights/advice? Interviewing tomorrow and am kinda nervous

Anyone interview on Friday that has any insights/advice? Interviewing tomorrow and am kinda nervous
Same, does anyone have any information on MMIs specifically? Do they give you all the questions beforehand to write down and then put you in the breakout rooms, or do you hear/ see the question for the first time in the breakout room? Are there any role playing scenarios, or just discussion- based?

Complete 7/6 haven't heard anything , taking this as a soft reject

Complete 7/6 haven't heard anything , taking this as a soft reject
I've talked to a couple current med students from all different years that said they didn't get an II until November/December so I wouldn't give up hope yet!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
I've talked to a couple current med students from all different years that said they didn't get an II until November/December so I wouldn't give up hope yet!
Do u recall whether they were IS or OOS applicants 😅?

Reactions: 1 users
Do u recall whether they were IS or OOS applicants 😅?
One OOS one Canadian, and my friend who didn't end up going there was IS (and a Wayne undergrad) and didn't get anything until like December

Reactions: 1 users
Can anyone please provide insight on whether the interview was open or closed file? Also, did they throw any crazy questions?

Are they still asking technical questions like "Explain the COVID vaccine" or "What journals do you read?"

• Wow
Think it depends on your interviewer. Mine did not ask.

For the people who have interviewed already, how are people sending thank you notes? Are you sending a note to the student interviewers as well? And the interviewers for the MMI portion?

For the people who have interviewed already, how are people sending thank you notes? Are you sending a note to the student interviewers as well? And the interviewers for the MMI portion?
I wrote one email and cc's the student and faculty interviewers but since I didn't have the emails of my MMI interviewers, I just asked the admissions committee to forward my email

I decided to apply a little later than I'd like and got my secondary this week. If I submit secondary this coming Monday, will I still have a chance? Or is it way too late in the cycle to apply? - Ty in advance