2023-2024 University of Southern California (Keck)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When did you interview and did you get an email?
I interviewed in January 2023 and I got an email. They will call you first though.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Dr. Arias told my group by November 1st we should hear so maybe next Thursday will be the day

Reactions: 4 users
It's not looking like there will be any calls today😭

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know people who have been accepted?
I love the enthusiasm for Keck and am just as excited as you at the chance of getting the call, but I think the SDN applicant pool is large enough to know when calls start being made...as hard as it is take it easy since Dean Arias said early November at the EARLIEST

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Do we think there is going to be another II wave from Keck? Or are the majority already sent out :(

Do we think there is going to be another II wave from Keck? Or are the majority already sent out :(

On the calendar it looks like they do two weeks of back to back interviews each month. So they probably send out IIs the month before to enough people to fill those spots. I’m assuming there will be more IIs to come!

really hoping this Thursday is the Thursday, I need some good news after all the waiting

Reactions: 6 users
Fingers crossed that Dean Arias starts calling in the afternoon 🤞

Will it definitely be on a Thursday, or is there a possibility that calls may go out on a different day of the week?

Btw next Thursday is the first interview day for November. Maybe they will send them out before the next round of interviews?

Reactions: 2 users
Will it definitely be on a Thursday, or is there a possibility that calls may go out on a different day of the week?
On my interview day Dean Arias mentioned that we would get a call on a Thursday and that the earliest they’d release decisions was going to be November so that’s why a few of us thought it’d be yesterday. Can someone else confirm if she said the same on your interview day?

During my interview (early October), she said we'd either hear back 10/12 earliest and if not then, 10/26. So I think that's why some of us have been refreshing this thread every Thursday for a while now😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
During my session (early October), she said we'd either hear back 10/12 earliest and if not then, 10/26. So I think that's why some of us have been refreshing this thread every Thursday for a while now😂
It must be taking much longer than they anticipated bc my interview was in September and she told us we'd hear back November 😭

• Wow
What time do decisions / interview invites usually come out? I'm on the east coast so I'm guessing it would be very late in the day for us.

I interviewed 10/6 and Dr. Arias said we should expect it prior to November beginning, admissions team meets Mondays but she does her calls on Thursdays starting around 10 am!

hopefully next Thursday is the day, I loved Keck and would be thrilled at the opportunity to attend

• Care
I was careless and sent 5 letters of recommendation to USC (when they'd specifically asked for 3 and said to not send more than that, I know I was very stupid :( ). Any tips on how I should approach this situation? Do I leave it at that or send them a clarifying email apologizing for my mistake + clarifying which 3 letters I want prioritized?

I was careless and sent 5 letters of recommendation to USC (when they'd specifically asked for 3 and said to not send more than that, I know I was very stupid :( ). Any tips on how I should approach this situation? Do I leave it at that or send them a clarifying email apologizing for my mistake + clarifying which 3 letters I want prioritized?
They will just pick 3 on their own, don't try to do anything about it now.

they do i just dont know when last year i got mine on october 18. im a reapplicant

Reactions: 2 users
praying we hear back tomorrow 🙏🏼

Does anyone know when do they stop sending II? I just saw that there were no more II reported on cycletrack past Oct but ik not everyone reports them.

another thursday of refreshing this thread 😬 😵‍💫

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 5 users
I wonder if she’s been accepting people and just none of us got the calls 🥲

• Dislike
  • Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 3 users