2023-2024 University of Southern California (Keck)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did they mention when decisions come out?
They said that the admissions committee meets every other Monday and those decisions will come out that Thursday! And if you don't make it/ they don't make a decision that week then you'll just roll over to the next committee meeting

Reactions: 1 user
Has there really been only one wave of interviews? That seems pretty low, no?

• Hmm
Members don't see this ad :)
My friend asked me if I had the "Joint Programs Option" when I login to the portal... I dont remember it before and neither do they so im just asking here lmao... it might've just been here the entire time

That seems to be the case, I hope we get more info soon
Keep in mind that this is the University of SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA. They're just laid back, give them time

I got a call from Dr. Arias today but missed it. Voicemail said to email her when a good time to chat is. Anyone else get this call?? Im under the impression that ii's were only thru email and I have not gotten an email... so no clue what this is about

Reactions: 1 users
I got a call from Dr. Arias today but missed it. Voicemail said to email her when a good time to chat is. Anyone else get this call?? Im under the impression that ii's were only thru email and I have not gotten an email... so no clue what this is about
I've heard in the past she'll call people to confirm things on your app or gain more insight to things you wrote? I remember reading some ppl had good experiences with this while others had bad. Hopefully it's a good sign for you!!

I've heard in the past she'll call people to confirm things on your app or gain more insight to things you wrote? I remember reading some ppl had good experiences with this while others had bad. Hopefully it's a good sign for you!!
Okay hopefully I don't get grilled pre-II lol

• Care
Anyone know if an old ailing guy can get an II here? Seems like they focus a lot on the young folks, but I'm holding out hope. IS if it matters.
You're 45, right? MSAR says nobody 40+ has matriculated in the past 4 years, but that doesn't necessarily mean they're categorically excluded. Even schools known to be nontrad-friendly can have, like, 0 or 1 40+ students in a given year just because of how relatively small that pool of applicants is. I wouldn't give up hope unless you have some kind of evidence specifically suggesting they don't look at older applicants.

Attachments

• 1696978305520.png
    1696978305520.png
    240.7 KB · Views: 138
  • Care
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Wait, not this thursday right??!
She did make it sound like some people would get a call from her today (if the committee got to your application in the meeting that they had on Monday and they decided to accept).

Were there any acceptance calls from Dean Arias today?

• Dislike
Medical schools cannot release decisions until October 15th which lands on a weekend, so sometime the week after.

Last year i received a call from Arias on October 17th the Monday after the 15th.

Medical schools cannot release decisions until October 15th which lands on a weekend, so sometime the week after.

Last year i received a call from Arias on October 17th the Monday after the 15th.
then how have people been reporting acceptances this past week if they weren't early decision? from my understanding, that is just a guideline to help schools traffic through the app season

then how have people been reporting acceptances this past week if they weren't early decision? from my understanding, that is just a guideline to help schools traffic through the app season
No one has reported an acceptance on here! But if they have any where else then they’re capping

No one has reported an acceptance on here! But if they have any where else then they’re capping
the traffic rules are actually suggestions not hard law i think! some schools like nymc have already sent out their first A’s

Reactions: 4 users
Did anyone else just get a USC housing email 😭💀

• Love
Anyone complete around 8/15 receive an ii?

oh man these r scaring me now, i was complete 8/16

IS II, complete 8/14! So thankful for this opportunity :')

Looks like they only send batches of IIs on Thursdays. Last was 9/7. Hopefully the fun for today isn't over.

congratulationsss when are they scheduling out to?

They had one to two weeks available in each of the next few months: November, December, and January

Each day has two sessions, morning and late morning

Just received the offer letter and accepted. I was a deferred acceptance from last cycle. Good luck to everyone!!! Lmk if there are any questions that I can help answer.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Just received the offer letter and accepted. I was a deferred acceptance from last cycle. Good luck to everyone!!! Lmk if there are any questions that I can help answer.

When did you interview and did you get an email?

Did they give you an updated app portal? And did it change

how soon after interview does keck get back to u?