2023-2024 University of Chicago (Pritzker)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
WhatsApp is crazy lmfao. Groupme is easiest I think. But any r cool!
Missing out on all the custom whatsapp stickers if you use groupme bro

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Missing out on all the custom whatsapp stickers if you use groupme bro
I didn't even know that lmao. I don't use Whatsapp but I'm first-gen. I feel like I'm betraying my identity.

Members don't see this ad :)
got the OOS A earlier today!! so excited and hope to see some of you there :) does anyone know when on-campus revisit is?

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
just recieved the call early today. my letter came in earlier then expected. for those admitted, has anyone looked into housing options that UChicago may offer outside of finding an apartment? Please let me know!

Reactions: 1 user
WL question -- does UChicago have a recommended timeline to send letters (updates/intent) for people on the waitlist? It is my top choice school and program so any insight would be so incredibly welcomed.

Any sense of the landscape of scholarships available? Are there full tuition? Full ride? Are they as generous as Wash U seems to be?
From what I have heard, they are willing to go up to full tuition AND cost of attendance. IDK if this is based only on need or merit or both though. Additionally, 60% of the incoming class will have a full tuition scholarship (they sent an email or something about this a while ago).

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

Here it said that 59% of last year's MS1s received full tuition scholarships!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So we should start seeing posts about FA and merit awards soon right?
When I emailed about some of my files around a month ago the associate director of fin aid said that I could expect a financial aid notification by mid March!

Decisions for scholarship and aid come out starting March 22nd!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Full merit scholarship received just now!

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 9 users
Full tuition just now 🤪 (admitted in November)

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Care
Reactions: 11 users
Congrats to everyone who's heard so far : ) praying for the rest of us to hear something!!

• Care
  • Love
Congrats everyone! Did emails come from admissions or from financial aid? A little confused since they said the 22nd.

It also may depend on when you turned in fin aid forms

Last edited:
75% scholarship received just now! For context I turned in my financial aid on 3/2. Also came in a different email than my AAMC.

• Love
  • Care
Also received a full tuition scholarship!

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 7 users
These different emails are scaring me. Can anyone who received an email confirm whether it also shows in portal anywhere?
Nothing in the portal! My email was the same as I have been using for all correspondence as well

Up to half of the class receives full tuition and there was no mention of it being a URM scholarship from the email. It was just called the Pritzker Scholarship.

Looking back it said "Our review of your financial aid file has resulted in the following estimated financial aid offer..."
Congrats! Are these financial awards for URMs exclusively?

Up to half of the class receives full tuition and there was no mention of it being a URM scholarship from the email. It was just called the Pritzker Scholarship.

Looking back it said "Our review of your financial aid file has resulted in the following estimated financial aid offer..."
Yeah I think they said 59% got full tuition last year, so highly doubt it’s only URM.

I just realized now that I never got a confirmation email following when I submitted my financial aid application in January. Did anyone else that submitted around then not get a confirmation email? Now I’m worried they did not get my information by the priority deadline and I won’t be considered for some scholarships

I just realized now that I never got a confirmation email following when I submitted my financial aid application in January. Did anyone else that submitted around then not get a confirmation email? Now I’m worried they did not get my information by the priority deadline and I won’t be considered for some scholarships
I don't think I got a confirmation either but I got the scholarship (i would email them)

I didn’t get a confirmation email either, so I emailed them and they checked their records. I’m sure you’re fine!

Received a 75% tuition scholarship around 1PM today. At a loss for words :giggle:

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
For those who got the full tuition scholarships, if you don't mind, what does your family financial situation look like? I got the 75% scholarship which is great, but just less than I anticipated because my parents income is low low.

For those who got the full tuition scholarships, if you don't mind, what does your family financial situation look like? I got the 75% scholarship which is great, but just less than I anticipated because my parents income is low low.
Same here. 75% scholarship, near poverty guideline, and somehow my debt by going here would be more than their average indebtness.

I qualify for need based too but on my initial offer I didn't get any grants for COA only loans so idk. But I heard that they almost never give grants in their first scholarship offers but they are willing if u write to them