2023-2024 University of Southern California (Keck)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
@dope.uh.mean when did you interview? I have a sneaking suspicion the class size change didn’t happen until late 23 early 24…I’ll investigate and get back to everyone

Yeah class size change didn’t happen until around the last two months of 2023

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Dang a lot of the accepted people for todays movement must not be on SDN 🥺
Im also thinking they over enrolled for the new class size so I think anyone post November May not have a shot at all this year :/

Reactions: 1 users
Dang a lot of the accepted people for todays movement must not be on SDN

Maybe there weren’t that many people? I hope so at least lol. This thread doesn’t have nearly as many people as other threads reporting on sdn in general so it’s difficult to gauge

Reactions: 1 user
Im also thinking they over enrolled for the new class size so I think anyone post November May not have a shot at all this year :/

Nooo did you come to this conclusion during your investigation?

Nooo did you come to this conclusion during your investigation?
investigation is ongoing -- these are just my slightly uninformed musings. I'm trying to see if my mentor can get the scoop for us...fingers crossed!

I don’t think so. They seem to have been very measured with the number of offers

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
were you able to fill out the additional form? when I click the hyperlink in the YouSC portal it just redirects me back to the landing page - not sure if anyone else is running into this issue
Hiii! What is the additional form that you're getting an email about? I haven't received any emails about financial aid or are you newly admitted? Just want to make sure I'm not missing anything

any idea of how many accepted off AL? Trying to decide if I should start my re-app

any idea of how many accepted off AL? Trying to decide if I should start my re-app
Theres 106 in the fb group now, so hopefully there'll be more movement. Definitely prepare for the worst and hope for the best. Prepare to reapply and just submit one school if you still don't hear back by June so that your AMCAS could process your transcript and buy you more time. If you still don't hear back by the end of June, prepare to fully dive into the 2024-2025 app cycle. But I hope you can get off the WL!! This is an incredibly frustrating process ://

Theres 106 in the fb group now, so hopefully there'll be more movement. Definitely prepare for the worst and hope for the best. Prepare to reapply and just submit one school if you still don't hear back by June so that your AMCAS could process your transcript and buy you more time. If you still don't hear back by the end of June, prepare to fully dive into the 2024-2025 app cycle. But I hope you can get off the WL!! This is an incredibly frustrating process ://
thanks dope.uh.mean :) needed some encouragement, been definitely feeling more in the blues about all this recently. thanks for the advice!!!

• Care
I'm running into this issue as well, just contacted the Financial Aid Office and can update here if I get a response!
They just replied and we should be able to access it now! Fingers crossed for more WL movement for those of us still waiting :)

Wonder if waitlist movement is going to be on Thursdays as well! 🥸

Idk but I’m trying my hardest to manifest a call

Reactions: 3 users
dean called me this morning @ 9:30 am asking me if I wanted a spot because “I might have a spot opening up tonight.” Haven’t heard back all day lmao

edit: am on the WL since Feb

Can you let her know I want it?

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
dean called me this morning @ 9:30 am asking me if I wanted a spot because “I might have a spot opening up tonight.” Haven’t heard back all day lmao

edit: am on the WL since Feb
Damn so the class is full and WL movement when people drop... I-

IMG_0790.jpeg

okay kinda dumb question but does anyone know how they select candidates off the AL? It says based off need but what does that mean? Diversity? High stats to boost the class?

okay kinda dumb question but does anyone know how they select candidates off the AL? It says based off need but what does that mean? Diversity? High stats to boost the class?

I’m assuming they find someone similar to who dropped their spot. So for example, if a 25 year old middle eastern male interested in neuroscience and from Southern California drops his seat, then they’d try to find someone with similar interests/diversity/location, etc.

ah makes sense, thank you
I’m assuming they find someone similar to who dropped their spot. So for example, if a 25 year old middle eastern male interested in neuroscience and from Southern California drops his seat, then they’d try to find someone with similar interests/diversity/location, etc.

Wooohooo! Got the call from Dr. Arias that I'm up next if I want it and she expects another spot soon!!! All the happy dancing!