2023-2024 University of Southern California (Keck)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
probably just gonna send around 9am PST since it says “on or after April 30th”
How long are you making it? In the past, I have read 1-2 sentences.

Members don't see this ad.

probably just gonna send around 9am PST since it says “on or after April 30th”
Yeah I just did a super awk thing and sent mine at like 5am because I'm traveling Asia and thought that the 30th was about to end... Forgetting that I'm a day ahead of you all. :oops:

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
How long are you making it? In the past, I have read 1-2 sentences.
Mine is a little longer because I was trying to explain I might not reply immediately due to time zone (it's 10:30 pm here). It would have been 3 sentences without that.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I love/hate how paranoid we all are right now :rofl:

Side note, do we think people on the wait list really ever get financial aid?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
It said the deadline to submit fafsa for need based financial aid is May 3rd. And there’s an additional form they require you to fill out too
were you able to fill out the additional form? when I click the hyperlink in the YouSC portal it just redirects me back to the landing page - not sure if anyone else is running into this issue

were you able to fill out the additional form? when I click the hyperlink in the YouSC portal it just redirects me back to the landing page - not sure if anyone else is running into this issue

I haven’t had the chance yet—I’ll probably look at it tonight

anyone else on the alt list not receive the email?

if you log into the YouSC page and click “check financial aid status” there’s a prompt near the bottom of the portal that leads to the FAST application. But I can’t get any further than that without a USC ID

I was able to fill out the extra form but in pretty sure it might have been cause I applied for undergrad and had access to that portal

I'm running into this issue as well, just contacted the Financial Aid Office and can update here if I get a response!

I'm running into this issue as well, just contacted the Financial Aid Office and can update here if I get a response!
So… I was able to fill everything out but I think I was given the same USC ID as when I applied for undergrad… I called financial aid office because the email doesn’t have to do with the SOM admissions and they said it was a mass email to everyone who applied to all of their programs… they’re working on aid for summer not fall yet too

I talked to fin aid also and they said the deadline applies for FAFSA but that you will be able to fill out the supplement asap once you can activate a NETID

wait is it not anymore? that’s what it says on MSAR?
At accepted students day, they announced that they shrunk the class size to 120 this year. There were a good amount of people who weren't fully set on keck (and quite a few left the groupme), so I suspect there may be some waitlist movement still. Good luck to everyone!!

At accepted students day, they announced that they shrunk the class size to 120 this year. There were a good amount of people who weren't fully set on keck (and quite a few left the groupme), so I suspect there may be some waitlist movement still. Good luck to everyone!!
oh that’s crazy why didn’t they announce that before the app cycle lmaooooo

How many people were at accepted students day?

I didn't count, but not everyone who was accepted was in attendance

96 in groupme, 110 admitted students in fb (excluding admins/moderators)

Yeahhh and technically people could still drop if they get off their waitlists to other schools

@dope.uh.mean when did you interview? I have a sneaking suspicion the class size change didn’t happen until late 23 early 24…I’ll investigate and get back to everyone