2023-2024 UC San Francisco

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My primary was verified on 6/21, but my MCAT score didn't come until 7/25.
i'd say wait a bit

Members don't see this ad.

Should I email UCSF with an update for a published article (put it as pending on my primary AMCAS app) if I have not heard from them re an II? I submitted my app day 1 and got verified right away. TY for any advice.

Members don't see this ad :)
IS Secondary received today!!! Finally!! 😭😭😭😍😍

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
OOS Secondary. Verified 6/7. LM72. WARS 88.

Reactions: 1 user
No secondary yet.... which is why I wonder if a publication update would help.
No wait to put that on the secondary. We will probably get the secondary before october. UCSF is very slow sending secondaries out.

Reactions: 3 users
I’m a reapp so I hope I can provide some insight to the secondary situation. I didn’t receive UCD and UCSF secondaries until September. Don’t worry if you haven’t received anything yet! Previous years it looks like some people even got secondaries in November and December and got an acceptance so… take that how you will

• Wow
OOS secondary just now! Verified 6/20

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Members don't see this ad :)
just when I had accepted UCSF wasn't in the cards for me...IS secondary received just a few minutes ago!

• Care
IS secondary finally received! LM 76 verified 6/24
Would it raise any eyebrows if I talked about wanting to work with underserved populations in the "expand on your activities" section but didn't apply for PRIME-US? I don't know if I want to do PRIME but I don't want to come off as ingenuine about my goals

Last edited:
I haven't received a secondary yet, but are the second and third essays optional? Im a traditional applicant and do not fall under the disadvantaged portion for the third essay question. Just wondering what to prepare in case I pass the screening because it looks like just question 1 right now.

Sorry did you mean 6/24? Havent seen any julys yet and I have yet to receive a secondary *cries*
Sorry I totally spaced, yes I meant 6/24! Edited my original comment :)

just got in-state MSTP/MD-PhD secondary invite! thought it was too late :-0 verified June 27 looks like they will be sending out secondaries for a while tho no need for us to worry!!!

Reactions: 2 users
Do they send a confirmation email that they received your initial app? or is it just silence from verification until secondary invite?

Do they send a confirmation email that they received your initial app? or is it just silence from verification until secondary invite?
I didn't get any email until I received the secondary.

Do y'all think it would be a waste of space to talk about my results from a research project I recently finished for the "expand on activities" prompt?

IS secondary finally received! LM 76 verified 6/24
Would it raise any eyebrows if I talked about wanting to work with underserved populations in the "expand on your activities" section but didn't apply for PRIME-US? I don't know if I want to do PRIME but I don't want to come off as ingenuine about my goals
Had exactly the same concern. I decided to only apply regular since i don't want to take 5 years to graduate.

Had exactly the same concern. I decided to only apply regular since i don't want to take 5 years to graduate.
Good to know you and @premadbaddie were on a similar page! I also don’t really want to take 5 years to graduate so I think I’ll just apply regular. Thank you!

OOS secondary received this evening, verified 6/1. Don't lose hope if you were verified early!

Reactions: 1 users
Has there been any correlation between when secondary has been received and II/acceptance dates in years past?

• Hmm
For q #1 do you think I can talk about a hobby that has played a large part in my life that I didn't get a chance to mention in my primary or are they looking for you to only expand on stuff you have mentioned prior

how do you answer the 3rd one if you dont identify? does being a woman count? i dont want to leave it blank but i also dont want to play victim when it is not necessary for me to do so

how do you answer the 3rd one if you dont identify? does being a woman count? i dont want to leave it blank but i also dont want to play victim when it is not necessary for me to do so
If it makes you feel better, I've heard that a lot of people leave it blank. I think you could write about being a woman, but if would probably be best if you a personal experience you could touch upon.

im leaving it blank, personally am an ORM raised in a suburb and although I am a woman, I don't feel as if I have had personal experiences to speak about it meaningfully. But yes as @PatentForamenOvale said, if it has personally shaped you and you can speak on it, then go for it.

If it makes you feel better, I've heard that a lot of people leave it blank. I think you could write about being a woman, but if would probably be best if you a personal experience you could touch upon.
oh really? how do you know that?

i just don't want to overexaggerate something or play victim if that makes sense?

oh really? how do you know that?

i just don't want to overexaggerate something or play victim if that makes sense?
A lot of people also asked if they should answer it earlier, but a lot of posters said they left it blank (my advisor also said that if you have doubts that it applies to you, just leave it blank)

I totally understand not wanting to play victim, so I think its more about how true you feel your answer is. I wouldn't answer it just to have an answer, I would only answer if you have something genuine to pull from because it will probably come across if you don't. I don't know for sure, but that's my feelings on it.

OOS secondary received just now. Verified early June

• Love
Finally! IS secondary received just now. Verified mid June.

IS secondary received just now, verified 6/26! i'm so excited, UCSF is my dream school and as a reapplicant i haven't gotten an invite before :')

• Love
OMGGGGG

IS secondary just received!! I have a lower MCAT and I'm so shocked

I am assuming if they are still sending secondaries to those who were verified in late June and July I should not panic yet since mine was verified in august :whistle:....right? lol

What factors do they screen for when sending secondaries? I received a secondary a while back but my MCAT is around their 10th percentile as per MSAR, plus they're MCAT blind for secondaries so I'm not sure if I should keep my hopes up for an II hahah

I am assuming if they are still sending secondaries to those who were verified in late June and July I should not panic yet since mine was verified in august :whistle:....right? lol
I mean they haven't even gotten to july yet (I've been keeping an eye out as a july verification) so you probably have a while to wait...

they are MCAT blind for secondaries FYI
Question about this, where did you hear this? I’m trying to find sources that say that, but I can’t find anything official especially in relation to what part of the process they are MCAT blind to. Just trying to find more info!

Reactions: 1 users