2023-2024 Temple

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
anyone have any info / suggestions regarding the community interview? feel as though people have said it’s a group one and challenging so not sure what to expect
can confirm it was the most challenging of the 3. best advice i can give is know yourself, your values/motives, and your activities inside and out. each interviewer will be different, but mine kinda grilled me to get to the nitty gritty of what i was getting at.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
can confirm it was the most challenging of the 3. best advice i can give is know yourself, your values/motives, and your activities inside and out. each interviewer will be different, but mine kinda grilled me to get to the nitty gritty of what i was getting at.

So the community interview is open file??

So the community interview is open file??
no. but i ended up having to talk in extensive detail and reflection about specific encounters from several activities in order to answer the questions. also the interviewer asked us all different questions and i felt like mine were the hardest :/ but we all held our own and gave decent answers. it's honestly hard/easy to prepare for because they're basically trying to sus out if you really care about and reflected on what you did vs just box checking.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
no. but i ended up having to talk in extensive detail and reflection about specific encounters from several activities in order to answer the questions. also the interviewer asked us all different questions and i felt like mine were the hardest :/ but we all held our own and gave decent answers. it's honestly hard/easy to prepare for because they're basically trying to sus out if you really care about and reflected on what you did vs just box checking.

Thanks for sharing. That sounds so stressful, but it seems like you handled the challenging Q’s really well

St Lukes II, LM 76 submitted early August (also, it did not go to spam)

This is definitely interviewer-specific. Other community interviewers will be super super nice and will probably ask everyone the same question.

This is definitely interviewer-specific. Other community interviewers will be super super nice and will probably ask everyone the same question.

Yea I’ll say that for mine everyone got the same question, but they also went in the same exact order each time so the first person answering would have to answer on the spot each time while others had time to think. They didn’t ask much about my experiences but more about my values and me as a person but there were definitely some tough and tricky questions. I agree it was the most stressful part.

Anyone know when we should start hearing back about As? I think last year was in Nov if i’m not mistaken but they didn’t say anything to us on interview day

Anyone know when we should start hearing back about As? I think last year was in Nov if i’m not mistaken but they didn’t say anything to us on interview day
they said earliest round of decisions would be released in nov. looking at past years, it seemed like they came out right before thanksgiving. next round after that is january i believe

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
IS II Received at 3 AM for North Philly (not spam)!! Complete 7/14

Last edited:
+1 IS II, available dates the week of 10/31. Does anyone know how strict they are about “passport sized photo,” or can I just use the same headshot I’ve been using for other schools?

+1 IS II, available dates the week of 10/31. Does anyone know how strict they are about “passport sized photo,” or can I just use the same headshot I’ve been using for other schools?
Which campus? Congrats!

same headshot should be fine as long as image size (pixels or whatever) fits their upload limits

Reactions: 2 users
Would you rather apply to a medical school with 140 seats or one with 40 seats with your $100? I can't speak to the optics of how many people apply to Bethelem vs North philly but with the info we have, North philly seems to be the more enticing option.

Would also add that I haven't heard a single positive thing about the Bethelem campus from the people who go there. There are less resources since its not attached to the Temple mega hospital or research center.

Stlukes student here. You could not be further from the truth. Bethlehem is 100% the better campus. And we get a very unique experience where we benefit from both the temple and stlukes system. Both with residencies and their own research. We are more catered to and it’s honestly really special. Congrats to those that get in. I’ll see you next year.

Stlukes student here. You could not be further from the truth. Bethlehem is 100% the better campus. And we get a very unique experience where we benefit from both the temple and stlukes system. Both with residencies and their own research. We are more catered to and it’s honestly really special. Congrats to those that get in. I’ll see you next year.

As a student at LKSOM in North Philly, I believe each campus has strengths and challenges. If you're looking for advice on the Bethlehem campus, it's a good idea to seek out students at St. Luke's and, for the Temple Health campus, North Philly students. Having spent two years at North Philly, I can only speak to my personal experience here at this campus. I'd refrain from speaking about an experience at a campus I haven't gone to on a typical day-to-day and never went through the application, interview, or matriculation process. Take advice from anyone who does that with a grain of salt. Comparing campuses like that is rarely productive, as each one is unique.

The reality is that these are two different campuses that share a joint mission and benefit from a partnership between both institutions. However, prospective students have to prioritize various aspects when deciding on a campus to apply to. Aspects like having a majority of in-person or virtual lectures as options, student body demographics, class sizes, student-to-professor ratios, surrounding neighborhoods/cities, patient populations, cost of living, proximity to other institutions, and other more important things like proximity to Trader Joe's. Both campuses have advantages and disadvantages, and people may have different preferences for different reasons.

I'd also like to add that the North Philadelphia campus also offers that same "very unique experience" for students to benefit from both the Temple Health and St. Luke's systems through rotations, research, and residencies. All LKSOM students benefit from this partnership, which is not one-sided. However, as you can imagine, students tend to stay at their respective campuses for convenience.

• Love
As a student at LKSOM in North Philly, I believe each campus has strengths and challenges. If you're looking for advice on the Bethlehem campus, it's a good idea to seek out students at St. Luke's and, for the Temple Health campus, North Philly students. Having spent two years at North Philly, I can only speak to my personal experience here at this campus. I'd refrain from speaking about an experience at a campus I haven't gone to on a typical day-to-day and never went through the application, interview, or matriculation process. Take advice from anyone who does that with a grain of salt. Comparing campuses like that is rarely productive, as each one is unique.

The reality is that these are two different campuses that share a joint mission and benefit from a partnership between both institutions. However, prospective students have to prioritize various aspects when deciding on a campus to apply to. Aspects like having a majority of in-person or virtual lectures as options, student body demographics, class sizes, student-to-professor ratios, surrounding neighborhoods/cities, patient populations, cost of living, proximity to other institutions, and other more important things like proximity to Trader Joe's. Both campuses have advantages and disadvantages, and people may have different preferences for different reasons.

I'd also like to add that the North Philadelphia campus also offers that same "very unique experience" for students to benefit from both the Temple Health and St. Luke's systems through rotations, research, and residencies. All LKSOM students benefit from this partnership, which is not one-sided. However, as you can imagine, students tend to stay at their respective campuses for convenience.
so most importantly, what’s your favorite thing at trader joe’s?

Is it too late to submit a secondary here? I received it in the summer but never submitted it.

Most unbiased St Lukes student

OOS (not that it matters here lol) II (LM 70) Anyone else only seeing Nov 7th,8th, and 9th for available interview dates? somehow those are the only dates in the entirety of November that I am not available
Received an II last week and they only had the 1st and 2nd available. I think they just have it to where you can only view a week at a time until it’s full. Another school I have an II at did that, I just reached out to them directly and they were able to schedule me for a different date. For a good reason of course

Hey! Is there anyone interviewing tmrw who still hasn't gotten an email with a zoom link? There's nothing in my inbox or spam and they said they would send the link td...

Does anyone who already interviewed know post ii A? Mine will be in november and I was just trying to get an idea

Does anyone who already interviewed know post ii A? Mine will be in november and I was just trying to get an idea

I think the first As they send out are the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. Looking at past threads, people can see updates in the portal starting as early as 6am

+1 OOS II tonight! Complete 7/22.

Last edited:
Received an II last week and they only had the 1st and 2nd available. I think they just have it to where you can only view a week at a time until it’s full. Another school I have an II at did that, I just reached out to them directly and they were able to schedule me for a different date. For a good reason of course
So if I wait longer, more weeks will become available? Or should I just email them?

So if I wait longer, more weeks will become available? Or should I just email them?
i would not wait to schedule. if the available dates don’t work for you, i think it’s best to contact admissions

Does anyone who has already interviewed remember when they said they’d release decisions? I remember they said November but not sure I remember when

anyone know if we are allowed to send thank you notes?
I sent them to my two faculty interviewers. We were told to email admissions for their contact info and they provided it without any issues, so I would say yes.