2023-2024 Temple

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those that interviewed already, did you send a thank you note for the community interviewer?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Good morning everyone! ED applicant to the St. Luke's campus; Just received my Interview Invitation this morning at 3AM!

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone who interviewed, how was your experience? :)
overall positive! i will say the day was a bit long because of the tour and student chat in the middle of the day, but it was helpful for learning more about the campus and culture. i think the tone of all the interviews was conversational, and everyone made an effort to put us at ease. i think my group interview was a little awkward, but it was mostly just from having to take turns answering questions, not because anybody was being rude or anything.

Reactions: 1 users
OOS II received at 3am, was in my spam folder and I just saw it !! LM 71.8, submitted 7/17

Reactions: 3 users
IS II received for Temple St. Luke! submitted 7/31,LM 75.6

The community interview was by far the roughest part for me lol. That's only because the other applicants being asked questions were absolute stars who outshined me with every response they gave, but it is what it is. We move.

• Care
The community interview was by far the roughest part for me lol. That's only because the other applicants being asked questions were absolute stars who outshined me with every response they gave, but it is what it is. We move.

this is the part i’m most nervous for, interviewing next week. Are the questions simple like “tell me about yourself” or are they behavioral style questions?

Members don't see this ad :)
this is the part i’m most nervous for, interviewing next week. Are the questions simple like “tell me about yourself” or are they behavioral style questions?
Don't want to say too much since idk if we can discuss specific questions, but they are mainly trying to gauge if you are actually interested in community involvement, or if that's just something you shoehorned into your app to appeal to them (they will see through you).

Did anyone who has interviewed already send in a thank you note/email. If so, how did you go about sending it? They didn't provide us with emails.

Did anyone who has interviewed already send in a thank you note/email. If so, how did you go about sending it? They didn't provide us with emails.
i sent thank you notes by googling the names of my interviewers and finding their emails online. i didn’t send a thank you to my community interviewer because he wasn’t allowed to share his contact info. i’m guessing you could also send something to the general admissions email and ask them to forward it

I interviewed last year. It will vary based on the community interviewer but it really was different community-related questions (do you know the population you'll serve, why are you into that, how would you approach simple scenarios in an professional way, etc). It feels nerve-racking because there are other students there but the community interviewer probably will love you all if you give honest, heartfelt answers that show why temple and philly/north philly is the right fit for you.

Reactions: 4 users
+1 OOS II sent at 2am lol
AND it was sent to my Spam email folder so everyone should check theirs

IS II yesterday (for Philly) that I missed because it went to spam lmao. Complete 07/31. LM 70-71 ish

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
For anyone with an II did your portal update or did you just get the email?

For anyone with an II did your portal update or did you just get the email?

Email, but it usually goes into spam. LKSOM actually gives you a separate account/website to schedule your interview (provided in one of the emails they send), so I don’t know if there’s much change in the secondary portal before then (they do want you to upload a passport photo to the secondary portal once you get a II though)

IS II, complete 7/23, north philly

hope to see yall on broad street soon

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone already interviewed and know when we’ll get info on who are interviewers are? How long are the two 1:1s?

got mine the day before and they were 30 minutes each

should specify this was for Bethlehem, so might be different for north philly campus. ^we only had 30 minute time slots for each + the community interview which was also 30 minutes

Same here. Technically you have an hour time slot booked so be prepared to potentially talk for longer than 30 minutes
should specify this was for Bethlehem, so might be different for north philly campus. ^we only had 30 minute time slots for each + the community interview which was also 30 minutes
Yeah the Philly interviews were 30 minute blocks, but not necessarily back to back so some people might have time to talk longer.

anyone have any info / suggestions regarding the community interview? feel as though people have said it’s a group one and challenging so not sure what to expect