2023-2024 Ohio State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am also struggling with interpreting "medical education." I am tempted to just work with research and patient care.
It says 2/3 so thats fine

Members don't see this ad.

I am also struggling with interpreting "medical education." I am tempted to just work with research and patient care.
have you been a teacher, a tutor, do u desire teaching medicine in the future, teaching the community ab public health, etc

Reactions: 1 user
do i really have to list all 25 schools that i previously applied to?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know how this school is with OOS applicants? I’m not sure why I’m having issues finding info about their stats and such.

Anyone know how this school is with OOS applicants? I’m not sure why I’m having issues finding info about their stats and such.
Last year these were the stats:
IS applicants 1208 / Interviewed 225 / Matriculated 105
OOS applicants 5779 / Interviewed 375 / Matriculated 96

The class is almost half OOS, but the kicker at Ohio State is that the median GPA for accepted OOS is 3.91 / MCAT 516

For the second question asking "The OSU COM has a goal of assembling a class that is enriched with a broad range of unique experiences. Do you believe this is a desirable goal for a medical school's student composition? Please elaborate." Is it a bad idea to add why you feel you add diversity to the school? Or should we strictly explain what we think about medical school student diversity in general?

Sorry for a potentially dense question, but I haven't received the secondary yet and was wondering: When the prompt says "Required Essay," do they mean pick one of the options listed? (i.e. 1 out of the 2 for the universally required essays, and 1 out of the 4 optional essays if applying to those tracks)

Thank you in advance!

Sorry for a potentially dense question, but I haven't received the secondary yet and was wondering: When the prompt says "Required Essay," do they mean pick one of the options listed? (i.e. 1 out of the 2 for the universally required essays, and 1 out of the 4 optional essays if applying to those tracks)

Thank you in advance!
they are both required. I will correct the title to "essays"

• Care
Is anyone else having problems accessing the supplemental. The code they sent me does not work. Haven't heard anything back from them when I emailed.

I already submitted the secondary but now I have no idea how to log back in to that to look. I got the username activation email but now my original log in doesn't work for the secondary.

For the second question asking "The OSU COM has a goal of assembling a class that is enriched with a broad range of unique experiences. Do you believe this is a desirable goal for a medical school's student composition? Please elaborate." Is it a bad idea to add why you feel you add diversity to the school? Or should we strictly explain what we think about medical school student diversity in general?
what did you decide to do? im stuck with the same question

Members don't see this ad :)
I mainly talked about student diversity in general without bringing up my personal diversity. I related it to other groups and how diversity helped in those situations. Not sure if that's exactly what they're looking for but hopefully it answers the question okay.

I ended up discussing some generic points about the importance of diversity, and included a personal learning experience I had working with someone different than me.

Reactions: 2 users
Did anyone else have trouble paying the submission fee? If so, how did you fix it?

MSPT II (OOS) received this morning 😭😭

Reactions: 4 users
Congrats to those who received IIs! Did you all email them your CV and the graduate school statement of interest the same time as your secondary?

Congrats to those who received IIs! Did you all email them your CV and the graduate school statement of interest the same time as your secondary?
Yes, same day secondary was submitted. I got an email response the following week.

Bruh how many application portals are there? I swear they be emailing me a new portal and password everyday

Reactions: 10 users
I never submitted those but still got an II lmao so maybe I'll send it now😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users
I got an email saying that my secondary application was received but also noticed an interview tip sheet attached to the email. Does this sheet get sent out to everyone who submitted a secondary?

I got an email saying that my secondary application was received but also noticed an interview tip sheet attached to the email. Does this sheet get sent out to everyone who submitted a secondary?
Yes, I got that as well

I already submitted the secondary but now I have no idea how to log back in to that to look. I got the username activation email but now my original log in doesn't work for the secondary.
I'm also having this exact same issue 😭
some plz help

some plz help
you can check on your application status through the Vitals portal - they should have sent you a link to activate your account within a few days after submitting the secondary.

some plz help
yeah i dont think you can go back onto the original portal where you submitted your secondary. OSU sent me an email a few days after I submitted to create a new account on their edu website

yeah i dont think you can go back onto the original portal where you submitted your secondary. OSU sent me an email a few days after I submitted to create a new account on their edu website
I agree, once you've released your secondary essays into the universe you can't go back & see them or edit them.
Save any school portal links & login info because those are where you will check on your status, in addition to maybe getting an interview invitation in your email

If I have mainly rented an apartment, what would I include for the value of the childhood home? There are numerical options and one option to leave it blank. You guys think it’s ok to leave it blank?
Sad poorboi hours

What did you end up doing? I'm debating whether or not to complete those questions.
"For the 2024 application cycle, Regular MD applicants can request to be considered for Community Medicine Track if they are waitlisted for the Regular MD. Applicants indicate this interest by checking the appropriate box on the secondary application and completing the Community Medicine MD Track questions within this application." This is what it says on their website!