2023-2024 Mt. Sinai (Icahn)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
IS II this morning!!! I am so excited esp since I did not think they were still giving out IIs! Any tips from folks who have already interviewed??

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Is there an accepted students Facebook group?

Reactions: 1 user
Was on CR friday but got in today!!! actually in shock rn haha -- thought for sure i was rejected -- i am a white male with pretty much nothing noteworthy on my resume besides d1 football, not to mention very little clinical experience and an LM of 69 :rofl: So happy and relieved rn
Congrats! Did you send a LOI by any chance?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello everyone just made a groupme chat for accepted students.
Feel free to join!

You're invited to my new group 'ISMMS class of 2028 Accepted students chat' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe
I'd wait for the admissions office to make an official one

oh I didn't know they make one. I'll delete it then.
I don't know if they do, I would reach out and ask if they could. Just speaking from personal experience where applicant made group chats become weird really fast. And it's already been shown we have some trolls among us in these threads

Reactions: 1 users
I don't know if they do, I would reach out and ask if they could. Just speaking from personal experience where applicant made group chats become weird really fast. And it's already been shown we have some trolls among us in these threads
True
Deleted it just to be safe

Hoping they send out a few more II (I think they do around these days)

I had a dream last night where I got an II here. Hopefully that means something good :rofl:

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
For accepted students, do we know when the MD Need-Based Application is going to open?

Anyone know about how the school perceives intent letters? Thinking of sending one...dream school 4 me.

said sometime this week? Atleast info this week.
Also, seems that everywhere is going to be delayed or we all may be kinda screwed with limited time to weigh packages at different schools. FAFSA this year will now BEGIN processing mid-March, and the AAMC rule is that we can only hold 3 acceptances on and after April 15th. I really hope there is a fast turnaround with FAFSA and school aid offices.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Anyone know about how the school perceives intent letters? Thinking of sending one...dream school 4 me.
I actually submitted a letter of intent post interview and got in! (Was also a reach school with me for mCAT)

Reactions: 1 users
Tbh making an unofficial accepted student groupme is fine. The flexmedders made one of those. I don't think it's too serious.

I'm curious:

Other than the location, what makes Mount Sinai an option y'all are seriously considering?

IS II just now!! Complete mid-September. There’s still a little hope out there y’all😭

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
IS II dream school holy ****
LM76 complete 7/23

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Guess I missed the last wave of interviews

Hello! For those of us who were “deferred” post II, when can we expect to hear back final decisions? Can’t seem to figure it out from prior threads

Hello! For those of us who were “deferred” post II, when can we expect to hear back final decisions? Can’t seem to figure it out from prior threads
based on prior threads, some people will get in during the next acceptance waves (in Feb and March) but the majority will get waitlisted in March. waitlist movement begins in May.

Does anyone know if Sinai does house exams or NBME style exams?

i think i forgot to post but OOS pre-II R on 1/25! good luck everyone

• Care
Does anyone know if Sinai does house exams or NBME style exams?
Not sure, but the dean mentioned they were taking measures to align their curriculum more with STEP

completed in July and radio silence :( sent in 2 new LORs and a LOI. Is there any hope for any new II based on previous years?

any accepted students get their financial aid portal log in yet? email said last week but nada

I believe NBME style for the new curriculum.

Thank you for your response! Do you know where you heard this from? I’m trying to learn more about the new curriculum but all I can find is that it’s going to shift to 1.5 pre-clinical years. I want to know if they’ll still keep non-mandatory/recorded lectures etc.