2023-2024 Massachusetts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
lol at this point would it be wise to withdraw from purch
I don't think you can at this point. I'm pretty sure they told us that we can only withdraw within a week after the PURCH interview.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
IS A for Lead today! Interviewed end of Oct! Sending love to everyone waiting still!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
manifesting some As today for us people still waiting for a decision 🤞🤞

Reactions: 9 users
Didn't get an email but my portal updated to waitlist, interviewed 1/5 and 1/8 for LEAD

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed 12/15 have not heard anything at all since then (not even an active consid. email)
same here but I interviewed in August. Taking this as a rejection at this point even though they said they don't do silent rejections

• Care
same here but I interviewed in August. Taking this as a rejection at this point even though they said they don't do silent rejections
TOTALLY agree from an oct interviewee. I truly hope everyone in our shoes is thinking the same way for the sake of their mental health!

Reactions: 2 users
Have they just not sent any post II R's yet or are people just not reporting them

TOTALLY agree from an oct interviewee. I truly hope everyone in our shoes is thinking the same way for the sake of their mental health!
Yep, I'm taking it as a rejection. I'm glad I have an A elsewhere but damn, UMass' process is ridiculous.

What boggles my mind is that people who interviewed in Feb have gotten a decision before some of us who interviewed last year lol.

Any instate As received in March so far for regular MD? I've been seeing lots of waitlists and purch/lead As

do we think that the LEAD class is full yet?

ok well i guess that's it for this friday. closing this page and applicant portal til next week.... see y'all then

The empty promise of AC emails and the claim of “no silent rejections”… just to have so many who haven’t heard in months. Just downright disrespectful at this point.

Reactions: 7 users
been seeing a lot of PURCH WLs recently, has anyone who interviewed after 12/15 gotten an A for PURCH (the last reported PURCH A I saw was for a 12/15 interview date)

Does anyone know when UMass publishes its 2024 residency match results?

The empty promise of AC emails and the claim of “no silent rejections”… just to have so many who haven’t heard in months. Just downright disrespectful at this point.
Well...if it makes you feel any better, apparently they finished with interviews last Tuesday (3/19), so hopefully we all hear back something re: post-II decisions by the end of April. I'm just wondering if they will have another Second Look for those who are accepted after the first Second Look event (i.e., after 4/5)?

do people think there would be PURCH orientation or any programming prior to the typical MD? if so where could I find some more info / timeline on that <3

do people think there would be PURCH orientation or any programming prior to the typical MD? if so where could I find some more info / timeline on that <3
I believe Lead does (it was mentioned in my interview) so im sure PURCH does too. I would maybe email them for specific dates

Does anyone know when regular MD applicants will get their final decision?

Does anyone know when regular MD applicants will get their final decision?
I believe they said everyone should hear something before the end of April (A, WL, or R), in terms of how long the waitlist might take to receive a final decision... could be anytime between the end of April and the beginning of classes

Well...if it makes you feel any better, apparently they finished with interviews last Tuesday (3/19), so hopefully we all hear back something re: post-II decisions by the end of April. I'm just wondering if they will have another Second Look for those who are accepted after the first Second Look event (i.e., after 4/5)?
the last interview date was 3/21 actually

the last interview date was 3/21 actually
Welp, my bad fam...my point was that they have finally finished interviews (i.e., no more IIs will be sent out), so they can now focus more on sending out the rest of the post-II decisions 🙂

The class of 2028 Facebook group has been updated to 292 this morning! Did anyone get an A this morning?

Why do they wait so long to give out decisions if it just wastes your time if you need to reapply. Does that not negatively impact the school by not giving re-applicants enough time to make adjustments to their app

Why do they wait so long to give out decisions if it just wastes your time if you need to reapply. Does that not negatively impact the school by not giving re-applicants enough time to make adjustments to their app
Screenshot 2024-03-26 at 12.49.45 PM.png

Unfortunately, it would seem to impact the individual re-applicant far more than any single institution. The first-time applications don't stop because there are highly qualified re-applicants from the previous cycle. Will be interested to see if '24-'25 cycle continues the downward trend in number of total MD applicants.

Looks like most of the decrease in total MD 2023-2024 applicants is due to the YOY decrease in reapplicants. COVID bumped first-time applicants in 2021-2022 substantially, then many of those "excess applicants" rejected in 2021-2022 reapplied in 2022-2023.

2023-2024 is the first post-COVID "normal" cycle. We have returned back to baseline in first-time MD applicants, hovering around the historical average since 2015-2016 (a hair under 40k). I would expect numbers to stabilize at this mark, but I'm interested in how it shakes out too.