2023-2024 Massachusetts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anybody 1/26 hear anything back yet?

Members don't see this ad.

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
If I don’t hear back today I will accept defeat for my own peace of mind 🙃 interviewed late October

Reactions: 7 users
YESSS INSTATE LEAD @ LAHEY ACCEPTANCE LETS GO Interviewed Nov 13th Lahey and Dec 8th MD. LM69. They personally called me yesterday that i was accepted, and I got the email today

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
Has anybody gotten into PURCH track in the last few weeks?

• Sad
  • Hmm
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
If I had known that PURCH applicants hear back much later, I would have just applied to the regular MD track. :(
+1 seeing people who interviewed MD getting As in a few weeks is making me very anxious as someone waiting for > 2 months (but I know
people on this sub have been waiting since sept so who knows when we will hear back)

• Care
+1 seeing people who interviewed MD getting As in a few weeks is making me very anxious as someone waiting for > 2 months (but I know
people on this sub have been waiting since sept so who knows when we will hear back)

I interviewed regular MD in November and still haven’t heard anything. There’s some people who interviewed regular MD in August and haven’t heard back either.

Radio silence since my interview in early November.

Idk if its a bad sign per say, I got my decision for MD (wl) but I interviewed also for purch in november but I think I was rejected from purch since they didn't give me an offer.

Last edited:
Can anybody send me the link for the Facebook group? I'm trying to figure out things. How do I sign up for the 2nd look

If we haven’t heard back at this point is there any hope

Reactions: 1 users
I interviewed regular MD in November and still haven’t heard anything. There’s some people who interviewed regular MD in August and haven’t heard back either.
Interviewed in September and haven’t heard anything

Reactions: 8 users
I interviewed regular MD 12/15 last year and have not heard back-not even an active consideration.

Does anyone know if there was anyone who was accepted and did not get an AC email?

I interviewed regular MD 12/15 last year and have not heard back-not even an active consideration.

Does anyone know if there was anyone who was accepted and did not get an AC email?
I was WL’d but it was radio silence from interview in mid October to WL in early Jan. Seems like similar sentiments as to the lack of communication from admissions have been echoed throughout the forum

Just saw this while scrolling through Reddit:
IMG_6064.jpeg

As for everyone! Except those who are from Mass, to hell with them, right?

Like just become a private school at this point.

• Sad
For clinical rotations, are they all at the UMass memorial hospital? I don’t get why you would have to travel far for rotations if there’s an academic hospital associated with the school, can anyone clarify this?

Lots of OOS students are still waiting for a decision since September and have heard nothing back 🤷🏻‍♀️
Also they will still end up with majority IS students. Last year the class was 36% OOS.

Also they will still end up with majority IS students. Last year the class was 36% OOS.
True. This process is frustrating but people have to remember that this is all anecdotal evidence from the Internet of all places...as much as it is hard to not think about it, no one actually knows what is going on with admissions lol

Reactions: 3 users
Just saw this while scrolling through Reddit:

As for everyone! Except those who are from Mass, to hell with them, right?

Like just become a private school at this point.

It's okay, lets take a step back and breathe. While it may be frustrating to be in a situation where you are waiting for months, it is the game of most schools. Also, you are an accepted applicant, you are in a good place my friend, many of us are waiting for any school to take us. Believe in the process and let things play out. No need to stress over something you have no control over.

If you want someone to blow off some steam too, feel free to rant in my DMs. I'll be happy to lend an ear.

• Care
Reactions: 10 users
For clinical rotations, are they all at the UMass memorial hospital? I don’t get why you would have to travel far for rotations if there’s an academic hospital associated with the school, can anyone clarify this?
students have the option to do away rotations in Worcester, boston or even further

is it bad if my letter of intent is 3 pages long? I haven't sent an update letter so this includes my updates as well
Uhh yes? It’s not supposed to be an essay. Go easy on the adcoms

i heard from admin that they dont care about LOIs? Can anyone verify that

i heard from admin that they dont care about LOIs? Can anyone verify that

During my interview day they said not to send an LOI because they’re going to assume if we applied and interviewed, we intend to got there. You do you though.

Reactions: 4 users
During my interview day they said not to send an LOI because they’re going to assume if we applied and interviewed, we intend to got there. You do you though.
During my interviews, they said they still welcome thank you letters, updates, and LOIs, but they won't dock you for not sending them in either.

During my interviews, they said they still welcome thank you letters, updates, and LOIs, but they won't dock you for not sending them in either.
Yes, they also said it doesn't affect your acceptance. She said if they have 2 identical applicants and one sends a letter of intent and the other does not that they will not prioritize the applicant that sent the LOI

Just got waitlist for UMASS and PURCH. Im an OOS applicant. MD interview on 1/19 and PURCH interview on 1/30. Does anyone have any idea what the UMass MD and PURCH waitlist movement looks like?

Last edited:
Just got WL today for UMASS and Lead pathway! (Interviewed 11/17 for MD and 11/27 for LEAD) Praying for good WL movement

Reactions: 3 users
Interviewed in late January (1/30) and haven't heard back (no AC email). Portal still says under review. Does that portal status ever change unless you are A, WL, or R?