2023-2024 Emory

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm mad because that was one of the best essays I've written this entire process haha
Ughhh me too. At least we can use that response for similar questions on other secondaries

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
has anyone still not received a secondary? as an OOS MD applicant, if not should I be worried?

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
has anyone still not received a secondary? as an OOS MD applicant, if not should I be worried?
Still waiting too (verified 6/27), I am assuming they are sending it out in waves since they get so many applicants

Last edited:
Anyone else waiting OOS? I was verified 06/06

Reactions: 5 users
in the same boat. i'm personally not gonna get too worried unless I haven't received one by this friday

Reactions: 1 users
in the same boat. i'm personally not gonna get too worried unless I haven't received one by this friday
+1. we have the prompts, so might as well pre-write and submit when we get it. don't think there's any need to stress yet

Reactions: 1 users
Still waiting, OOS. Verified 7/12. I'm planning to pre-write the prompts as well.

2. Briefly describe your health-related experiences. Be sure to include important experiences that are in your AMCAS application, as well as any recent experiences.

How are you guys answering this question? A list? Or paragraphs?

Members don't see this ad :)
2. Briefly describe your health-related experiences. Be sure to include important experiences that are in your AMCAS application, as well as any recent experiences.

How are you guys answering this question? A list? Or paragraphs?
It says describe, so brief paragraph form is what I'm doing

Another question on this... for "health" related experiences, is this to be interpreted as more clinical work, or are others including research?

Another question on this... for "health" related experiences, is this to be interpreted as more clinical work, or are others including research?
I don't think research counts

I’m including my clinical research experience but omitting my straight-neuroscience bench work. Without any clearer definition I think research can still count as “health-related” as long as it still directly impacts patients.

Received oos secondary today

Verified 7/15

Would it look bad to not answer the last question about any new updates/information? I started a new job that I can write a little bit about but I feel like it's going to be repetitive given the gap year question and I already included it briefly in my primary.

Would it look bad to not answer the last question about any new updates/information? I started a new job that I can write a little bit about but I feel like it's going to be repetitive given the gap year question and I already included it briefly in my primary.
If you don’t have meaningful updates, probably better to write a quick sentence that you’ve begun your new job or write that you have nothing to add than to include paragraphs of fluff.

Still nothing OOS

Reactions: 2 users
just got mine at 6:24 am— don't bug yet! they're definitely doing batches

I've heard a lot of schools are having issues with the portal this year so I definitely wouldn't worry about not having a secondary. They're probably sending them out in batches to avoid crashing the system :)

I've heard a lot of schools are having issues with the portal this year so I definitely wouldn't worry about not having a secondary. They're probably sending them out in batches to avoid crashing the system :)
Also Emory specifically doesn't pre-screen other than MCAT score (according to their website). I'm still waiting too but it'll def be out soon

I got an email secondary, then it disappeared? I found the portal, tried to login and it said I don’t have an account associated with my email

I got an email secondary, then it disappeared? I found the portal, tried to login and it said I don’t have an account associated with my email
Read the email and click on the last hyperlink to create your account first.

I meet the minimum MCAT requirements but still haven’t received a secondary. Verified 7/5.

This is the only one I haven’t gotten yet 😅

OOS received this morning... second to last school to do and i'm completely out of gas

No secondary yet OOS verified 7/21

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone received an Emory MSTP secondary app yet? I’m confused because I was verified well before the first day to submit primaries but haven’t gotten anything back. None of my stats are low enough to be screened out by any school that I know of. My personal statements were really strong. Any thoughts?