2023-2024 Emory

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Emory's website says that interview season starts in September, so I am not sure if they change that or not because secondaries are coming out so late.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm trying to dial down the panic in general, @generalgummy, and I'm sorry my comment upset you.
This application process lasts over a year and a big part of coping with all the waiting is to figure out the process and when to be concerned, and it's not time to be concerned for any of you.
I hope you all get to be considered for your favorite schools.

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Probably best to leave the jokes off this forum tbh. A lot of neurotic premeds rn who get anxious hearing stuff like that, no matter how crazy it is.

• Dislike
  • Okay...
Reactions: 10 users
+1 OOS found in Junk 2:44 EST

I think it's funny how the invite says 'we hope you're still interested in Emory!' lol

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Essays @wysdoc @chilly_md

1. List your entire curriculum plan for the 2023-2024 academic year. If you are not in school, please briefly describe your plans for the coming year.

2. Briefly describe your health-related experiences. Be sure to include important experiences that are in your AMCAS application, as well as any recent experiences.

3. Briefly describe your interest in Emory and the Emory degree program you have selected.

4. Emory School of Medicine is committed to recruiting and educating medical students who will help deliver quality health care and will promote the health of our patients. In our community, this includes learning about and addressing the health care needs of our most under-served populations. Please describe any of your activities that have been in service to under-served communities.

5. If you have any updates or new information to report since you have submitted your AMCAS primary application, please briefly describe below.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Kinda annoyed they removed the "What do you consider to be the role of the physician in the community" essay since I prewrote it for nothing, but kinda happy too since that prompt was so weird and my response was so sh*tty.

Reactions: 1 users
Essays @wysdoc @chilly_md

1. List your entire curriculum plan for the 2023-2024 academic year. If you are not in school, please briefly describe your plans for the coming year.

2. Briefly describe your health-related experiences. Be sure to include important experiences that are in your AMCAS application, as well as any recent experiences.

3. Briefly describe your interest in Emory and the Emory degree program you have selected.

4. Emory School of Medicine is committed to recruiting and educating medical students who will help deliver quality health care and will promote the health of our patients. In our community, this includes learning about and addressing the health care needs of our most under-served populations. Please describe any of your activities that have been in service to under-served communities.

5. If you have any updates or new information to report since you have submitted your AMCAS primary application, please briefly describe below.
are the word counts still 200?

Still waiting on secondary OOS

Reactions: 1 users
For the last question are people just putting “N/A” if they have nothing else to add? I feel like I covered everything with the first essay about the gap year.

OOS Secondary Recieved @chilly_md Essays:
  1. List your entire curriculum plan for the 2023-2024 academic year. If you are not in school, please briefly describe your plans for the coming year. (200 Words)

2. Briefly describe your health-related experiences. Be sure to include important experiences that are in your AMCAS application, as well as any recent experiences. (200 Words)

3. Briefly describe your interest in Emory and the Emory degree program you have selected. (200 Words)

4. Emory School of Medicine is committed to recruiting and educating medical students who will help deliver quality health care and will promote the health of our patients. In our community, this includes learning about and addressing the health care needs of our most under-served populations. Please describe any of your activities that have been in service to under-served communities. (200 Words)

5. If you have any updates or new information to report since you have submitted your AMCAS primary application, please briefly describe below. (200 Words)

Do you guys know what classes fall under humanities/social sciences? I was not aware that they required 18 credits lol, I might have to take some in the future now

Do you guys know what classes fall under humanities/social sciences? I was not aware that they required 18 credits lol, I might have to take some in the future now
Humanities: philosophy, ethics, English, literature, languages, etc

Social: economics, sociology, psychology

To name a few

I’m pretty sure one of Emory’s links within the secondary app portal said they count math and stats too under humanities and social sciences

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone still not gotten the secondary?

Reactions: 9 users
did anybody else have missing courses on the MSTP application? I cannot complete my course requirements because some of my classes are not listed. I verified with AMCAS that they were there so not sure what to do :(

If they keep the prompt "Briefly describe your health-related experiences. Be sure to include important experiences that are in your AMCAS application, as well as any recent experiences. (200 words)", do they really want a whistle-stop tour on ALL healthcare experiences in the AMCAS app? 10/15 of my experiences were health-related, so I'd only have about a sentence for each given the 200-word limit.

Or would it be acceptable to choose 1-2 health-related experiences and provide in-depth detail on what I learned, and how I grew as an individual?
Asking this again now we've got the prompts :)

For this question:
List your entire curriculum plan for the 2023-2024 academic year. If you are not in school, please briefly describe your plans for the coming year. (200 Words)

Does anyone have insight on if it's fine to discuss things outside of courses I will be taking next year, or am I basically just meant to list out my classes in sentence form?

did anybody else have missing courses on the MSTP application? I cannot complete my course requirements because some of my classes are not listed. I verified with AMCAS that they were there so not sure what to do :(
I am having the same problem. I emailed admissions so hopefully they will respond.

For this question:
List your entire curriculum plan for the 2023-2024 academic year. If you are not in school, please briefly describe your plans for the coming year. (200 Words)

Does anyone have insight on if it's fine to discuss things outside of courses I will be taking next year, or am I basically just meant to list out my classes in sentence form?
I listed my courses as a full time student and briefly said what work I'm doing because I was also working as a scribe part time, and I said I'd continue working because I was graduating in the fall. This was last cycle, and I got an II. Didn't get the A though which is why I'm here lol

Kinda annoyed they removed the "What do you consider to be the role of the physician in the community" essay since I prewrote it for nothing, but kinda happy too since that prompt was so weird and my response was so sh*tty.
I'm mad because that was one of the best essays I've written this entire process haha

I'm not an MSTP applicant but my AP courses are missing...some of which I was hoping to use to fulfill prereqs. Anyone know if they just exclude AP courses (even if they were listed and verified on AMCAS) altogether, or if this is something that can be fixed?

I'm not an MSTP applicant but my AP courses are missing...some of which I was hoping to use to fulfill prereqs. Anyone know if they just exclude AP courses (even if they were listed and verified on AMCAS) altogether, or if this is something that can be fixed?
I emailed them and they’re aware of issue, but they told me to check the future registration box and use the space to explain it was an AP course I received credit at my school for.

Reactions: 1 user