2023-2024 Belmont (Frist)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I‘m betting there will be a strong correlation between who received the second email and who gets invited to interview first.
yes, I agree, however, I did not get that email yet :( so still waiting!

Members don't see this ad.

yes, I agree, however, I did not get that email yet :( so still waiting!

Neither did I haha, which is unfortunate as I drive past the new building on my way to work and was hoping for an excuse to visit it because it looks awesome.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Neither did I haha, which is unfortunate as I drive past the new building on my way to work and was hoping for an excuse to visit it because it looks awesome.
also, unrelated but what's nashville like? i've never been there but it looks amazing from what i've seen in pictures loll

also, unrelated but what's nashville like? i've never been there but it looks amazing from what i've seen in pictures loll
Nashville has four major interstates that run through it making for one of the worst possible cities to drive in. Rent is insanely expensive we’re talking mid 2000’s per month for a one bedroom apt; there is tons of new development. Chock full of people from out of state; mainly Californians moving in to develop properties. Not very walkable at all, no public transport. There are some nice areas to explore if you can park your car; east side is hipstery, lots of cool art. west end is old money. Downtown is a cluster of tourist attractions crammed in between dive bars with loud monster trucks carting around drunken bachelorettes in pink plastic cowboy hats. You’ll quickly learn what “pedal taverns” are… South side is the melting pot; best food is there. There’s a new mall called “5th and broad” that’s cool if you like that stuff. Grand ‘ol Opry is a cool music venue. Opry hotel has a cool ice exhibit every year. Nashville has some good restaurants and a lot of crappy overpriced ones. There’s a good bar scene if you like bar hopping. Lots of good local beer and coffee.

The symphony is nice. There’s obviously great music venues where everyone and their brother plays. NFL (Titans) team sucks. Preds (hockey) games are fun. Nashville is pretty much your standard big city.

Radnor Lake and Narrows of the Harpeth are good for hiking. There’s some great indoor climbing gyms; nashville isnt too far from some great state parks and sport climbing areas if you like that.

It’s where HCA was born, that’s why it’s called “the healthcare capital of America.” I like to call Nashville the “New York of the south.”

I hate big cities if you can’t tell. Nashville is insanely expensive to live in, most locals are being pushed out. Housing is absolutely horrendous; borderline criminal and definitely predatory. Not sure how political you are but on a scale of Texas to New York Nashville is like the Atlanta of Tennessee.

If you like big cities, you’ll probably like Nashville. It really is music city, so if you move here; definitely check out all the local music and support local artists. That’s all I can think of right now.

Reactions: 5 users
Nashville has four major interstates that run through it making for one of the worst possible cities to drive in. Rent is insanely expensive we’re talking mid 2000’s per month for a one bedroom apt; there is tons of new development. Chock full of people from out of state; mainly Californians moving in to develop properties. Not very walkable at all, no public transport. There are some nice areas to explore if you can park your car; east side is hipstery, lots of cool art. west end is old money. Downtown is a cluster of tourist attractions crammed in between dive bars with loud monster trucks carting around drunken bachelorettes in pink plastic cowboy hats. You’ll quickly learn what “pedal taverns” are… South side is the melting pot; best food is there. There’s a new mall called “5th and broad” that’s cool if you like that stuff. Grand ‘ol Opry is a cool music venue. Opry hotel has a cool ice exhibit every year. Nashville has some good restaurants and a lot of crappy overpriced ones. There’s a good bar scene if you like bar hopping. Lots of good local beer and coffee.

The symphony is nice. There’s obviously great music venues where everyone and their brother plays. NFL (Titans) team sucks. Preds (hockey) games are fun. Nashville is pretty much your standard big city.

Radnor Lake and Narrows of the Harpeth are good for hiking. There’s some great indoor climbing gyms; nashville isnt too far from some great state parks and sport climbing areas if you like that.

It’s where HCA was born, that’s why it’s called “the healthcare capital of America.” I like to call Nashville the “New York of the south.”

I hate big cities if you can’t tell. Nashville is insanely expensive to live in, most locals are being pushed out. Housing is absolutely horrendous; borderline criminal and definitely predatory. Not sure how political you are but on a scale of Texas to New York Nashville is like the Atlanta of Tennessee.

If you like big cities, you’ll probably like Nashville. It really is music city, so if you move here; definitely check out all the local music and support local artists. That’s all I can think of right now.

This haha, the only thing I‘ll add is that there are tons of surrounding small and suburban towns where you can find places to rent for month for only a 25-ish minute drive to campus.

Reactions: 1 users

wow thank you!

also for the second email from frist, is that just an n=1 scenario at least here, so far? i'm surprised no one else has heard anything yet except for one person, but i could be vastly mistaken!

also for the second email from frist, is that just an n=1 scenario at least here, so far? i'm surprised no one else has heard anything yet except for one person, but i could be vastly mistaken!

I got a second email too saying my app was being reviewed for an interview, if that’s what you’re referring to

I got a second email too saying my app was being reviewed for an interview, if that’s what you’re referring to
yeah! I see that you were complete 11/20! I guess I'll wait and see if I'm lucky lol.

I also got the complete email on the 20th, when did you guys get the 2nd under review email?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the email for interview consideration!

Reactions: 2 users
Also got the interview consideration. Pretty sure everyone is getting this though.

i wonder if my chances are affected as i got the complete email 11/26. also, does anyone know if they consider you by the date you submitted or the complete date. I submitted thanksgiving day (11/23) and was complete 11/26

I doubt it’ll affect your chances very much since you’re probably still within the first batch to submit your secondary. Plus, some people had completed their secondary by 11/20 when I didn’t even get mine until later that day despite submitting my primary on the day apps opened, so they must understand that some factors are out of your control, right?

I doubt it’ll affect your chances very much since you’re probably still within the first batch to submit your secondary. Plus, some people had completed their secondary by 11/20 when I didn’t even get mine until later that day despite submitting my primary on the day apps opened, so they must understand that some factors are out of your control, right?
haha yeah! i got my secondary on 11/20, but I submitted my primary 11/19 as my mind and heart was set here, hopefully all of us here get in hahah

in any case though, good luck everyone! this process is so nerve-wracking sometimes, but we're pushing through!

i wonder if my chances are affected as i got the complete email 11/26. also, does anyone know if they consider you by the date you submitted or the complete date. I submitted thanksgiving day (11/23) and was complete 11/26
If it makes you feel any better, I got the complete email 11/21 and I haven't received the email lol

4 days whew we should all be in the first batch

Application under review for interview email this morning! Good luck everyone!!!

On an unrelated note, how are all of your cycle's going otherwise?

I've been applying for clinical jobs and lightly doing MCAT prep!!

0 II so far

Pre-Secondary R, good luck everyone

Received under review for interview email yesterday. Complete 11/21

i think the first batch of II will be for the people that were complete around 11/20-11/22 and then 11/23 onwards will be for the next batch of II as I haven't heard anything yet, but I'm glad we all submitted pretty early though!

So y'all got an extra email about something to do with interview consideration AFTER the complete email? What's the interview consideration email titled?

I took a look at the complete email and it writes at the end: "You can expect to hear from us via email when the review has been completed and your application moves into review for a virtual interview." So unsure if this interview consideration email means your app has been reviewed once & will be reviewed again for interview consideration??

On an unrelated note, how are all of your cycle's going otherwise?

I've been applying for clinical jobs and lightly doing MCAT prep!!

0 II so far
Also in the 0 II boat. I'm keeping myself busy doing research, which has helped keep me sane through this process.

So y'all got an extra email about something to do with interview consideration AFTER the complete email? What's the interview consideration email titled?

I took a look at the complete email and it writes at the end: "You can expect to hear from us via email when the review has been completed and your application moves into review for a virtual interview." So unsure if this interview consideration email means your app has been reviewed once & will be reviewed again for interview consideration??
It's titled "Frist College of Medicine Application Update" if that helps! And yes, this came separately from the complete email. It has a short blurb that states that your application has been moved for interview invite consideration.

It's titled "Frist College of Medicine Application Update" if that helps! And yes, this came separately from the complete email. It has a short blurb that states that your application has been moved for interview invite consideration.
Weird, I haven't got it but I did get my complete email on 11/20

Smh...don't play games with me Frist, give me my Christmas present

• Haha
I see that a lot of people applied end of November. Did anyone (like me) apply the first week of December? I forgot they opened apps so I applied a little later haha