2023-2024 Belmont (Frist)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
got an email saying that i won’t recieve a supplemental! OOS , LM 69 good luck to everyone else

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
nope! 514 and 3.5, not sure
Doesn’t make a lot of sense. They said in the info session that those metrics would be the tool for secondary screening. They didn’t say anything about a preliminary review

Reactions: 2 users
Doesn’t make a lot of sense. They said in the info session that those metrics would be the tool for secondary screening. They didn’t say anything about a preliminary review
Other factors besides those two numbers appear in your primary app, y’all.
While we’re naturally curious, I feel like it’s unkind to question somebody who has just been turned down.
Good luck to the rest of you & let’s be understanding

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Other factors besides those two numbers appear in your primary app, y’all.
While we’re naturally curious, I feel like it’s unkind to question somebody who has just been turned down.
Good luck to the rest of you & let’s be understanding
You’re right, I apologize.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
This is all so late in the game. I'm so surprised they are even considering a 2024 class.
I think primarily it will be because it would make poor financial sense to have a brand new medical school sit empty for a full year. My gut tells me that they are just accepting that starting a new school will have its growing pains no matter what, so might as well rip the bandaid off. It is late in the cycle though, so total applications, interviews and overall class size will be interesting to see!

It is late in the cycle though, so total applications, interviews and overall class size will be interesting to see!
Northstate was able to fill even though they started the process 4 weeks before school started. They didn't even use AMCAS, just faxes!

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users
Northstate was able to fill even though they started the process 4 weeks before school started. They didn't even use AMCAS, just faxes!
Wow! That's impressive! Since you mentioned faxes I feel compelled to ask what year that was? :rofl:

I think primarily it will be because it would make poor financial sense to have a brand new medical school sit empty for a full year. My gut tells me that they are just accepting that starting a new school will have its growing pains no matter what, so might as well rip the bandaid off. It is late in the cycle though, so total applications, interviews and overall class size will be interesting to see!
We have had several new MD schools open up in Texas over the last 8 years. Two started taking applications in October and one started taking them in February :oops: the year they opened, and they still selected a class in time to start in summer.
The planning for this school has been in the works for a while and I was thinking they would wait until next year to take applications, not sure why they decided to go forward this year. They do have more work to do in nailing down details and being able to answer the valid questions you applicants have.

Just received a secondary!

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users
I just received a secondary. OOS applicant who found out about this school 3 days ago.

Reactions: 1 user
Anybody notice on the secondary they ask for your typical T-shirt size? 😂

• Wow
Anybody notice on the secondary they ask for your typical T-shirt size? 😂
One of the newer Texas schools did that their first application year and it was so they could give everyone who came for an interview a school
T shirt. 🔔🏔️

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Anyone know if interviews will be virtual or in person (not that I’ll get one LOL)

Lol me applying here with a 506/3.7 ORM OOS holding out hope hahah

how many seats do they have for the inaugral class?

Application complete email just now

I just received the secondary a minute after I posted this lol. I applied 10/31 tho and my stats are above their screening threshold