What are grad intern salaries nowadays?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pharmacy is a Scam

Membership Revoked
Removed
Reaction score
With job postings such as this, I’m predicting that retail pharmacist salaries will bottom out at around $20-25/hr within the next few years. This is less than the going rate for grad interns as it currently stands.

What do you predict is going to be the new going rate for grad interns? Technician salary of $16/hr?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I don`t think it will ever go as low as $20, $25/hour. That kind of wage does not justify what pharmacists do and responsible of. I know chains are heartless but they are not brainless.

Not sure of grad-intern rate, but I think many pharmacist will have to settle at $40~$45/hour within next few years.

Reactions: 1 users
From my friends who are currently Grad Interns in Walgreens and Rite Aid at NYC, they are currently getting $28-29/hr

Members don't see this ad :)
To the original question: rite aid pays grads $30 in my area

The companies are going to push us as hard as possible until we break and quit. Consistently replacing us with the "new" market value pharmacist. If they truly cared about humanity, People, suffering, sickness, and keeping people healthy, they would NEVER do this. At least not to this extent.....I understand some fat trimming...but my god....they are leaving us almost no tools to get the job done anymore.....

It's like one of you guys asks me to fix the compressor an your Air conditioner, by tomorrow and then throws me a roll of Duct tape and Wd-40, and says GOOD LUCK!.....were excited for you..!......lol

With job postings such as this, I’m predicting that retail pharmacist salaries will bottom out at around $20-25/hr within the next few years. This is less than the going rate for grad interns as it currently stands.

What do you predict is going to be the new going rate for grad interns? Technician salary of $16/hr?

Which posting? the PIC one for the CLOSED DOOR independant? thats just some family operation who needs cannon fodder until they go broke....