Starting pay for a New Grad

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

corgi297

Reaction score
Hi I'm a newly licenced grad and I wanted to see If anyone feels comfortable sharing the starting pay they were offered? For me it's $52/h which idk if it is good with the oversaturated market. Also if there's any p4 at students or 2020 grads I want to emphasize practice case questions for the NAPLEX! If you need any study content or advice feel free to reach out!

Members don't see this ad.

Yea, 52/hr is okay...

My condolences on your graduation from pharmacy school. No worries though - there is always hope.

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
In my state, Walgreens is offering $50/hr and they get TONS of applicants competing for a limited number of jobs. In the same metro area, dental hygienists fresh out of school can make $300/day or $38-40/hr. And each new grad dental hygienist gets many job offers so they can be picky. I find it sad that pharmacists go through 4 years of professional school after college to face such bad employment prospects. My advice to my pharm friends that struggle to get a job is to become a hygienist. Since they already have the pre-reqs they can apply straight to the BS in dental hygiene program at my university and finish in 2 years. It does not cost that much. Nursing is good too, I know someone that just graduated from a local community college. They just got an associate degree, not even a BSN and got a good job right away.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 1 users