WAMC - lowish GPA, c/o 2028/2029

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dogdoor12

Hopefullabvet
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Where else did you apply? You look good on paper but where you applied makes all the difference.

Your resume is very impressive.
The one thing I'm curious about-- if you wrote your PS about your journey to lab animal medicine, have you worked directly with a DACLAM? That may be worth doing, to really prove you understand what a lab animal vet does. It's definitely different than the role of a researcher
As for your sanity check-- you are not uncompetitive! If you look through the successful applicants threads, you will find students with far less on their resumes than you who got in. I would hold out hope if I were you!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Where else did you apply? You look good on paper but where you applied makes all the difference.
Minnesota, Illinois (I was expecting a rejection here), Missouri, Washington (expecting a rejection haha).

Your resume is very impressive.
The one thing I'm curious about-- if you wrote your PS about your journey to lab animal medicine, have you worked directly with a DACLAM? That may be worth doing, to really prove you understand what a lab animal vet does. It's definitely different than the role of a researcher
As for your sanity check-- you are not uncompetitive! If you look through the successful applicants threads, you will find students with far less on their resumes than you who got in. I would hold out hope if I were you!
Through my clinical research job I have worked with DACLAMs both directly (shadowing) and indirectly (my lab has several animal colonies, we worked with lab animal through that). I elaborated on it more in my PS than here. You are totally right about the difference. Thank you!