VCOM Spartanburg, SC Discussion Thread 2010-11

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone who interviewed on 9/20 heard anything today? Lol I am psyching myself out. I really want to get accepted here!

Members don't see this ad.

nikster: they said there was an adcom meeting today. Perhaps you will hear something within the next few days.

In other news, I am so incredibly sick right now (over 101* fever since I got back here). I was at my interview ~7:30am (thank you to Jeremy and his wife for driving me from the hotel, much appreciated!) I was in the second round of interviews (so I heard the presentation first). Let's just say that during my three interviews I was shivering I was so cold and the temp in the building was around 70*. It was absolutely brutal. I wound up leaving the interview day early (after all my interviews and the tour were done... the only things I missed were lunch and the financial aid presentation). I went back to the Comfort Suites, which by the way, is a very, very nice hotel and I recommend anyone coming in here for their interview give this place a shot. I cancelled my flight back to Chicago (moved it to tomorrow) and decided to stay another night here. I've been sleeping since I got home from the interview about 7 hours ago. So the bottomline is I hope you all have a much better interview day than I did. But the school looks nice and the construction is trucking alone. I will post a more thorough review of this place in a few days.

nikster: they said there was an adcom meeting today. Perhaps you will hear something within the next few days.

In other news, I am so incredibly sick right now (over 101* fever since I got back here). I was at my interview ~7:30am (thank you to Jeremy and his wife for driving me from the hotel, much appreciated!) I was in the second round of interviews (so I heard the presentation first). Let's just say that during my three interviews I was shivering I was so cold and the temp in the building was around 70*. It was absolutely brutal. I wound up leaving the interview day early (after all my interviews and the tour were done... the only things I missed were lunch and the financial aid presentation). I went back to the Comfort Suites, which by the way, is a very, very nice hotel and I recommend anyone coming in here for their interview give this place a shot. I cancelled my flight back to Chicago (moved it to tomorrow) and decided to stay another night here. I've been sleeping since I got home from the interview about 7 hours ago. So the bottomline is I hope you all have a much better interview day than I did. But the school looks nice and the construction is trucking alone. I will post a more thorough review of this place in a few days.

I'm so sorry that you were sick on your interview day... at least you tried it! You're a trooper!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the call from Mattie... Accepted!!!! It happened at about 1:00.

Has anyone who interviewed on 9/20 heard anything today? Lol I am psyching myself out. I really want to get accepted here!

Just got the call from Mattie... Accepted!!!! It happened at about 1:00.

Congrats.
So you got the acceptence after 10 days of your interview.
I thought that they meet every wednsday and they tell the acceptences on the same day.

Doo they leave some message on the phone?

thanks

Last edited:
Congrats guys! Be sure to join the facebook group!

So, I interviewed yesterday and it was pretty awesome. Mattie actually spoke of the "sick" student the day before during our interview. She said that the admissions staff meets every other week and they met on the 4th and their next meeting is on the 18th. So hopefully Mattie will be calling on the 18th or 19th with an acceptance for me!

Well... literally... just got denied via e-mail. Ouch...

Not that big of a deal since its my least fav. of all the schools I've thus far interviewed at but too bad I wasted the $ interviewing here and got a terrible flu in the process :(

Goodluck to the VCOM-C C/O 2015 though.

Well... literally... just got denied via e-mail. Ouch...

Not that big of a deal since its my least fav. of all the schools I've thus far interviewed at but too bad I wasted the $ interviewing here and got a terrible flu in the process :(

Goodluck to the VCOM-C C/O 2015 though.
I am sorry to hearv that.

Just got off hold and got an interview invite for 11/8!! YAY!

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone that was accepted and sent their deposit gotten their email address yet?

I received an interview invite this afternoon! I opted for the 11/8 spot since it gives a weekend to travel. I'm OOS.

Are any of the buildings complete or do we just see theoretical images?

Do branch campuses retain the main campuses accreditation or do they go through their own process? I think it's the latter.

I am looking forward to seeing everything that's going into VCOM-CC, as well as meeting potential classmates. More feedback on positives and negatives from previous interviewers would be greatly appreciated!

For those of you that have had an interview/acceptance, did you all turn in a LOR from a DO? I know it says required, but I was wondering if anyone has been interviewed or accepted without one???

Thanks in advance

For those of you that have had an interview/acceptance, did you all turn in a LOR from a DO? I know it says required, but I was wondering if anyone has been interviewed or accepted without one???

Thanks in advance

Yep! I submitted a DO LOR.

I received an interview invite this afternoon! I opted for the 11/8 spot since it gives a weekend to travel. I'm OOS.

Are any of the buildings complete or do we just see theoretical images?

Do branch campuses retain the main campuses accreditation or do they go through their own process? I think it's the latter.

I am looking forward to seeing everything that's going into VCOM-CC, as well as meeting potential classmates. More feedback on positives and negatives from previous interviewers would be greatly appreciated!

You just get to see all of the computer generated images of what the building will hopefully look like. They received a separate accreditation this summer. Its an extraordinarily relaxed day. For the interviews I had 3 one-on-one interviews with faculty/staff and they were all very friendly and stress-free. I was asked the same question in every interview specific to my file, why did you switch your major from fashion design to biology/pre-med? and then the why DO and why VCOM? It is open file but they all picked out positive things from my file to discuss from there we just chatted about jobs and moving from the north to the south because all of my interviewers were from the north like me.

Good luck!

just got accepted! my first acceptance! could not be more thrilled & relieved to know that i'm going to be a physician and get great training at this new amazing school! i gotta go join the facebook group and call more people! :D

just got accepted! my first acceptance! could not be more thrilled & relieved to know that i'm going to be a physician and get great training at this new amazing school! i gotta go join the facebook group and call more people! :D

congrats. see you there.

GOT ACCEPTED TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I'm so excited cant wait to meet you all!

Congratulations everyone! I'm super excited I'll be there too! :) Congratulations again I can't wait!

Last edited:
For those who got accepted, who old r u guys if u don't mind sharing?

GOT ACCEPTED TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I'm so excited cant wait to meet you all!
Congrats.

Congratulations everyone! I'm super excited I'll be there too! Socaldrewski I think you and I sat across from each other on interview day 10-11 I was the applicant with the sort of unconventional belly if that narrows it down :) Congratulations again I can't wait!
Congrats.
if you do not mind asking what is "unconventional belly"?

Cool I remember the interviewers mentioning something about how they speculate the average age to be around 24-25

I have a tough decision to make since I also got accepted to PCOM-GA. I was hoping to get accepted to only one to make my decision easier. I love both schools and not entirely sure where i'll end up.

Since VCOM-CC and PCOM-GA are my top choices I decided to withdraw my application from all the other schools to give ppl the opportunity to take my spot.

Since VCOM-CC and PCOM-GA are my top choices I decided to withdraw my application from all the other schools to give ppl the opportunity to take my spot.

I have the same problem with PCOM in Philadelphia...

Congrats to all who got accepted today!!! I'm going to creep on you on Facebook now.

Sidenote: I would also like to know what an unconventional belly means.

Haha sorry I'm about 6 months pregnant, a tad unconventional for an applicant I was super nervous to apply and interview but everyone was so nice they made it easy

Hey all I got accepted today as well! Looks like the class just got a lot of new members congrats to everyone! I'm only 21 so I hope there are some other younger students coming so I don't feel like a kid.

Hey all I got accepted today as well! Looks like the class just got a lot of new members congrats to everyone! I'm only 21 so I hope there are some other younger students coming so I don't feel like a kid.

Congrats!! I'm pretty sure you were in my 10/4 interview, I was the guy from Florida.

I'm reppin 21 too ;)

Congrats!! I'm pretty sure you were in my 10/4 interview, I was the guy from Florida.

Ya I figured that when you said you were hispanic, out of state, and in the 10/4 interview group...that narrows it down quite a bit. Congrats!

Nikster, u were on my interview date on 9/20. U were sitting right across of me during the interview and we briefly talked about PCOM and LMU.

Have u decided yet? We have like 2 months to send in our expensive deposit.

PCOM is only $250 :thumbup:

My file got placed on hold, they said they review files on hold randomly for interviews so what are the chances I end up getting an interview? Seems like a long shot to me.

Nikster, u were on my interview date on 9/20. U were sitting right across of me during the interview and we briefly talked about PCOM and LMU.

Have u decided yet? We have like 2 months to send in our expensive deposit.

PCOM is only $250 :thumbup:

Were you the soccer player? I remember you but I was actually at the other end of the table from you. I was the out-of-state person (the Pennsylvania one). Sidenote: Everyone from our interview day seemed really qualified. I wonder if any got accepted who aren't on SDN?

Anyway, I haven't decided yet. I really love VCOM-CC, but it's a little nerve-racking to go to a brand-new school without an established reputation yet. I know it's a branch campus, but still... brand-new faculty, etc. I didn't really have that great of an interview day at PCOM, but the school has a lot of connections and a large alumni network. Blah it's so hard to decide, but I guess it's a good problem to have lol.

Hey can anyone tell me what the deposit is and when it's due I know Mattie said it and I'm sure I have it somewhere but for some reason I can't find it I haven't got the mailed letter yet either so maybe it's in there but if anyone already knows for sure please let me know Thank you!

I am applying late. App is already verified, they should get it today or next Wednesday. What do you think my chances are? I'm 23 have been a nurse for 4 years, and a CNA for 3 before that. MCAT 25O, GPA 3.47. Colorado resident. Thoughts?

any one know what be their rotation sites?

You can find them on their website. Spartanburg Regional is one of them. It's a level 1 trauma center.
Thanks Trauma12. I guess they will have more rotation sites in SC. Now they will have 300 more students to rotate so old sites may not be sufficient and they may have to add new.

Does anyone know if you can select which campus you want to go to once you are accepted? For example...if I interviewed and got accepted to VCOM CC could I choose to go to the Blacksburg campus?

Does anyone know if you can select which campus you want to go to once you are accepted? For example...if I interviewed and got accepted to VCOM CC could I choose to go to the Blacksburg campus?

On the secondary app you select either one of two campuses or you can indicate that you would like to be considered for both.