VA HPSP (Physician)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey all, wanted to input timelines and stay in this thread. I randomly found this thread on Google because communication has been non-existent from the program and I don't want to hound them if I can find it online.

I submitted my application on 5/05.
I remember they completed my scored application on 5/06. (Super fast turn-around???)
I received tentative award on 5/12 and I accepted it the same day.

Today is 5/20 and I still have not gotten the background check (eQuip or fingerprints or whatever else?). Was that via email? I religiously check the portal everyday to get to that "final award" level of this video game. Haha. I've been reading that time fluctuates like you're stuck in a vacuum as far as paperwork and processing... so I'm just going to chill out...

Members don't see this ad.

Hey all, wanted to input timelines and stay in this thread. I randomly found this thread on Google because communication has been non-existent from the program and I don't want to hound them if I can find it online.

I submitted my application on 5/05.
I remember they completed my scored application on 5/06. (Super fast turn-around???)
I received tentative award on 5/12 and I accepted it the same day.

Today is 5/20 and I still have not gotten the background check (eQuip or fingerprints or whatever else?). Was that via email? I religiously check the portal everyday to get to that "final award" level of this video game. Haha. I've been reading that time fluctuates like you're stuck in a vacuum as far as paperwork and processing... so I'm just going to chill out...
Yeah so after I got the tentative award it took at least a month to get eQIP and fingerprint information. However I will say that after I finished submitting all of that, everything was processed in two weeks and I got my final award

Reactions: 1 user
Can someone tell me what happens when you add people as a reference? On the website it states that they needed evaluations/ recommendations (which I thought meant they'd what letters of recs) so how is adding a reference different from that??

Members don't see this ad :)
Can someone tell me what happens when you add people as a reference? On the website it states that they needed evaluations/ recommendations (which I thought meant they'd what letters of recs) so how is adding a reference different from that??
Adding a reference sending yours recommenders a link to fill out their evaluation.

I feel like it’s been taking a long time to have my Vendor ID and school vendor IF setup. How long did you guys have to wait?

I feel like it’s been taking a long time to have my Vendor ID and school vendor IF setup. How long did you guys have to wait?
I’ve been waiting for about a month now. I’ve called multiple times but have yet to receive an answer on what’s going on.

• Care
Can anyone comment on the average turn around time between application submission and applications being scored?

Can anyone comment on the average turn around time between application submission and applications being scored?
I think someone in May commented on a more recent turnaround time.

Anyone having trouble logging into the application portal? Keep getting an error page

Members don't see this ad :)
for the academic verification do i use the email for the med school i'm attending? or the undergrad college i went to?

for the academic verification do i use the email for the med school i'm attending? or the undergrad college i went to?
You send it to the med school you'll be attending.

Also, is the website still down for some?

You send it to the med school you'll be attending.

Also, is the website still down for some?
It is. For people who were notified about getting a tentative offer, was it thru the email you provided or on the website when you checked your app?? Wanna make sure I’m not missing any correspondences.

Ooh so I just tried to log onto the website and it worked! It says my app was scored (not sure when it was scored/ how long ago since the website's been down). Now what?? I'm lost haha

Last edited:
Ooh so I just tried to log onto the website and it worked! It says my app was scored (not sure when it was scored/ how long ago since the website's been down). Now what?? I'm lost haha
Same. I can log in now and mine is also scored. I guess next we hear whether we were offered it, waitlisted, or rejected.

Put on the alternative list. Has anyone else added to the alternative list actually receive an offer yet??

Put on the alternative list. Has anyone else added to the alternative list actually receive an offer yet??
Same. There was someone a few pages back who received an offer. Also saw a few pages back that they may have run out of funding for Fall 22 so alternate list folks may be considered for Spring 23

Same. There was someone a few pages back who received an offer. Also saw a few pages back that they may have run out of funding for Fall 22 so alternate list folks may be considered for Spring 23
Yeah I saw the post about funding too and hoped it wasn’t true haha. Even if we’re considered for spring I kinda wished the email would’ve said that as a concrete answer 😭😭😭

Either way, I’m just glad it wasn’t a straight up no

Dang, I just found out about this scholarship a week ago and just waiting on the letters and verification. I hope it is not too late...

For anyone waiting on Vendor set up, I would just call the VA to ensure that your they still have your form. I finally got in touch with a representative, who told me my form has been lost.

I start classes in about a month, so I’m praying it’s reconciled quickly.

• Sad
For anyone waiting on Vendor set up, I would just call the VA to ensure that your they still have your form. I finally got in touch with a representative, who told me my form has been lost.

I’m sorry :( I’ve dealt with a similar and finally got mine approved, but they still haven’t vendorized my school. It’s an absolutely slow process

Hey guys! So I was just accepted off the waitlist for a cheaper school (My number one choice!) and was wondering how to go about making changes to my application since it's been scored already. Do I just go in a submit the information for the dean of admissions to my new school and resubmit or do I need to submit a whole new application? Or is there someone I should reach out to regarding this? Thanks in advance for the help!

Which number did you call? The one from email is different from my portal. I submitted my Vendor form a month and half ago and still no response from them...

Hey guys! So I was just accepted off the waitlist for a cheaper school (My number one choice!) and was wondering how to go about making changes to my application since it's been scored already. Do I just go in a submit the information for the dean of admissions to my new school and resubmit or do I need to submit a whole new application? Or is there someone I should reach out to regarding this? Thanks in advance for the help!
Maybe contact Scott Dixon? He is usually the go-to person. Good Luck and Congratulations on your acceptance!

Wow! that's completely different from what VA email tells me, 512-460-5380.... There is another one with (512) too. Thank you and I will give it a try!
I noticed there were multiple numbers as well. The 877 set should do the trick. The other ones didn’t work for me.

Hello! I figured I'd stop just lurking. I finally finished submitting my application someday between 6/10 and 6/17... I don't know exactly when. I also don't know when it was first scored, but when I checked yesterday 6/29 it was. Now I am waiting for the next part!

I'm a rising MS2 applying.

Does anyone know when Fall 2022 is set to receive the monthly stipends? I start school in July and was wondering when my monthly stipend would hit so I can pay rent….

Does anyone know when Fall 2022 is set to receive the monthly stipends? I start school in July and was wondering when my monthly stipend would hit so I can pay rent….
They said 1-4 first business days of the month!

• Love
Hello! I figured I'd stop just lurking. I finally finished submitting my application someday between 6/10 and 6/17... I don't know exactly when. I also don't know when it was first scored, but when I checked yesterday 6/29 it was. Now I am waiting for the next part!

I'm a rising MS2 applying.
Just received an email that I was added to the alternate list.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Is anyone else’s vendor set up situation super delayed? I submitted my form early June and it still hadn’t been verified. I called today and they told me the vendor team still hadn’t scanned it into the system to be verified. Anyone else have a similar experience?

Is anyone else’s vendor set up situation super delayed? I submitted my form early June and it still hadn’t been verified. I called today and they told me the vendor team still hadn’t scanned it into the system to be verified. Anyone else have a similar experience?
Yes, it took about 2 months of going back and forth for me.

Has anyone received their stipend or notification of when they might start distributing them?

Also got accepted off the alternate list! Such a relief

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Finally officially onboarding! Can anyone who's completed everything and started receiving their stipends and had their 1st semester paid for kind of described how it's been for yall? Funding is kind of up in the air rn and not sure if I can still get my 1st semester opal for (already paid for it with loans) so idk what to expect??

Question for those getting a stipend already: how does it show up on your bank accounts? Like who does it say it's from?

Question for those getting a stipend already: how does it show up on your bank accounts? Like who does it say it's from?

It could be bank specific, but some have had their stipend read something to the effect of:

***************VAED TREAS 310 XXVA EDUC****************

USAA and other related entities (if a veteran) typically have it spelled out as:

"Education Benefits of U.S. Dept of Veterans Affairs"

Some changes have happened though so it honestly could be something not even related to what I mentioned (others who graduated from med school had this happen when they applied for this scholarship up until graduation) so YMMV

Thank you! That helps me know where the mystery money came from