University of Limerick 2019 GEM Applicant Discussions (Atlantic Bridge)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CANTOMURICA

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I wanted to create a separate thread from the current general one just so that its easier to find out who's still waiting, has heard back from Limerick or just asking general questions about this university rather than looking through countless pages and filtering out what's relevant.

If anyone has heard back from Limerick or is still waiting, please post your stats or any updates you come to know of here.

Members don't see this ad.

Got an interview for April 13th in Toronto

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations to both of you! :D What are both of your stats if you don't mind me asking?

Undergrad Gpa: 3.49 (BS athletic training honors)
Graduate GPA:3.5 (MEd Athletic Training)
MCAT 505
Lots of clinical experience and research experience

Got an interview for April 11th in Toronto!

Reactions: 1 user
I too got an interview on April 12th in Toronto. Anyone know what to expect? I'm so busy with M.Sc courses, I'm not sure how much prep time I will have :(

Hi everyone,

Just wanting to congratulate you all on receiving an interview invitation. I am a current first year medical student at UL and will serve as the international student liaison for the upcoming class of 2023.

Simply put, be yourself during the interview! Enjoy and attempt to socialize with your peers. I made numerous friends during my interview who are now my fellow colleagues at UL. On the day of your interview, you will get the chance to chat with the wonderful faculty members, who simply want to get a sense of the prospective medical students.

As for the school itself, our curriculum is taught through a self-directed, problem-based learning approach, compared to the traditional didactic style (we still have lectures!). Students take the initiative to generate their learning outcomes on a weekly basis through collaboration in small groups of your peers. It is a very unique way of learning that I have come to thoroughly enjoy. Overall, UL has been an amazing experience thus far and I would highly recommend it given the opportunity.

If there are any further questions, do not hesitate to reach out.

Best of luck with the interviews and in all your future endeavours!

Reactions: 3 users
I too got an interview on April 12th in Toronto. Anyone know what to expect? I'm so busy with M.Sc courses, I'm not sure how much prep time I will have :(
I’m also interviewing on the 12th!

Got an interview for April 13th in Toronto

I'll see you there on the 13th! Now regardless of whether I actually recognize that I'm seeing you there is besides the point haha.

Hi everyone,

Just wanting to congratulate you all on receiving an interview invitation. I am a current first year medical student at UL and will serve as the international student liaison for the upcoming class of 2023.

Simply put, be yourself during the interview! Enjoy and attempt to socialize with your peers. I made numerous friends during my interview who are now my fellow colleagues at UL. On the day of your interview, you will get the chance to chat with the wonderful faculty members, who simply want to get a sense of the prospective medical students.

As for the school itself, our curriculum is taught through a self-directed, problem-based learning approach, compared to the traditional didactic style (we still have lectures!). Students take the initiative to generate their learning outcomes on a weekly basis through collaboration in small groups of your peers. It is a very unique way of learning that I have come to thoroughly enjoy. Overall, UL has been an amazing experience thus far and I would highly recommend it given the opportunity.

If there are any further questions, do not hesitate to reach out.

Best of luck with the interviews and in all your future endeavours!

Hi there,

I was wondering if you can provide me more information on Canadian students studying in UL and how successful they are in matching back to Canada.

I'll see you there on the 13th! Now regardless of whether I actually recognize that I'm seeing you there is besides the point haha.
I'll be the guy with a very polish name haha. Best of luck!

Hi again, I'd like to congratulate everyone who has received an offer of acceptance to UL GEMS.

Myself (International Liaison) and Aisling (Irish Liaison) have created a Facebook group for incoming students to the Class of 2023.

Alternatively, you can search 'University of Limerick - Medicine - (UL Med) - Class of 2023' on Facebook.
The group contains many documents that answer specific questions regarding Ireland, The University of Limerick, and Graduate Entry Medicine. Please check out the files, ask any further questions or chat with your future medical peers.

If you do not have social media, but have been accepted, I will happily send you the documents and answer any further questions.

All the best,
Kurt

Reactions: 1 users